Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lodge Mounty in Soll - any comments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We are a group of 14 been offered a good price to stay at the Lodge Mounty in Soll in January 2010 and i wondered has anyone stayed there, got any thoughts about this place etc?

From 2005 to 2008 good reviews on tripadviser but 2009 has seen 2 bad reviews one by a fellow snowhead and i just wondered did anyone has any thoughts please?

Also one of the group is a veggie so wobndered if anyone ad comments on the food at the lodge?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Toni
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Toni

We have been there twice now and quite happy. It is cheap and cheerful - not a smart hotel with frills but for us any luxury is wasted - we don't need gleaming modern bathrooms and plush bedrooms - it is basic but clean and run along chalet lines - all sat together in the dining area and for a large group perfect - you can be informal and a bit noisy and the staff are great - eager to please and very flexible with food. Always a veggie option. Food fine - not haute cuisine - standard British fare with two choices and booze from the bar. We like it BECAUSE it is not a smart hotel where we have to dress well and be respectful of other guests who want to eat in silence and we'd rather have cheap and cheerful twice a year than beautiful furnishings/five course meals and those enormous buffet breakfasts when all we really want is a quick bite and off to slopes. It is a 10/15 min walk to the slopes but you can leave your gear in a ski garage or there is a ski bus but we like the walk in and out. I guess if you plan to go out to the bars every night you will find the walk back a pain but we stay and drink at the bar and crash early as we are there for skiing not drinking or lazing in jacuzzi/marbled bathroom! Staff helpful too and know the area. We have had a lot of fun each time with other families there and choose that over a more impersonal arrangement. It comes down to whether you want 'smart' and extensive choice of food really.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankyou very much Sally that is really helpful and what i was hoping to hear.

We must be like you dont really care for all the fancy food and rooms just somewhere comfy to sleep off a good days skiing and aplace to have a few beers in the evening.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope you have a great week there.

I hesitate to recommend it sometimes because I know many people are looking for a bit of luxury on their hols and the quality of the hotel important - would be to me if I was off on some romantic weekend in Paris - but a skiing hol is all about the snow and mountains - for us. I had a look at the photos on trip advisor of the cracked mirror and dirty chair - and I can see if you have paid a fortune you may feel cheated - but the fun we had was priceless - a great laugh every night with the other guests and the staff - most had a lot of previous experience in Neilson resorts so were not random recruits and I'd choose that everytime over your usual hotel waiters. We've been to Soll three times now so are looking for a change of resort but I think we be drawn back in a few years. Hope you get snow too - Jan this year there was plenty.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we went in jan this year as well fantastic snow could not have asked for better, thanks ever so much for the feedback i think its helping out group make up there minds

hope you find a good place to ski in 2010
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy