Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES: SUMMER 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w, you are right of course - I'll just look out of the window Blush
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had a text this am from Bergmeister (the b@***!* is staying in our place in Tignes while we're at work Mad) which reads:

"3 runs so far - great!! Soft winter snow/groomed at top, clattering about lower down......46 euros (!!) for 2 days bottom of range ski hire."

Ski hire seems a bit dear (hmm....thought we only paid about 16 euros a "day" (when skiing shuts at 13.15....) last summer??) - and can't face lugging a ski bag on top of 2 bikes, plus hiking/biking/skiing kit - but otherwise looking forward to our trip there in 6 days' time Little Angel .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there all!

Sorry it's the old excuse! The day job got on top of me and I stopped going skiing, etc.

Glacier's been a bit on and off. Last time I spoke to Phil Brown who was race coaching up there said they were restricted to training on 3500 because it was a bit bare elsewhere, but a few rain storms have been falling as snow up top. Tignes has been positively buzzing the last couple of days, more so with the bikers than skiers. It's wine festival next weekend! I can't possibly give that one a miss! Is Steward Woodward making it out for that one?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rorie wrote:
It's wine festival next weekend! I can't possibly give that one a miss! Is Steward Woodward making it out for that one?

Hi Rorie, great that you're having a good summer. Of course Stewart and I will be out for the wine fest Madeye-Smiley
As you know Stewart doesn't drink alot, so I will be making up for him wink Toofy Grin
Looking forward to seeing you - perhaps over a glass or 2 Puzzled Very Happy

Just having a glass of champers to get in the mood Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

I bet Tony's please about the footie results today rolling eyes

See you on Wednesday Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm back from Orelle on Thursday so I'll pop in for an Apres work bevarage:)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Tignes:

Having only seen the glacier as late in the summer as mid-July, its early-August appearance came as a bit of a shock - very grey and very icy looking with a very distinct lack of snow Sad

There was still some fun skiing to be had though Very Happy - soft/spring snow once it softened interspersed with skiing the bare ice of the glacier and (small) crevasse/river hopping lower down Shocked !! Overall very enjoyable for the time of year - especially considering that the car thermometer was saying 40C when we arrived at Bourg St Maurice (32C in Tignes)!! Despite Bergmeister's scare mongering on ski hire prices we managed to find some for 12 euros a pop - probably a bit soft for the icy conditions early on but fine in the soft stuff.

The mountain biking and hiking were excellent too - so great time had by all.

At work at the mo - will attempt my photo-posting debut later........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi guys,

Back in Tignes for the wine festival and a little summer skiiing.

The weather has been fantastic for the past 5 days with very warm temperatures and blazing sunshine Blush (3 years ago it snowed in the village during the wine festival). The wine festival brought all the usual locals out testing the various wines on offer, getting slightly drunk, and trying to avoid having to purchase any wines Confused . Managed to keep Mrs W,s credit card in control this year and restricted her purchases to our favourite champagnes.

Went for a ski on the glacier with Rorie on saturday & sunday mornings. The conditions were supprisingly good (if you ignored the awfull grey colour of the piste). Only 3500 & Champagne open so we spent most of our time on 3500 messing about in some GS gates, the world cup bumps and avoiding the cravasses rolling eyes . The glacier is definatlly receeding at an alarming rate and summer skiing will surely be finished in a few years. Rorie is back at work this morning building a ski lift in Orelle (in the 4th valley) with some of our ESF collegues. The lift is due to be completed for this season. The hard work is keeping Rorie fit as working a jack hammer at 2500m cannot be easy wink

The resort is pretty busy at the moment with lots of people making use of the FREE sporting activities on offer this year. The resort is offering free Tennis, Swimming,Football, Volleyball, Archery etc this year which must make it much easier to keep the kids occupied. Went swimming yesterday afternoon and the pool was packed.

The locals are enjoyng the current warm weather as 'Winter' gnerally starts to return to Tignes at the beginning of September.

C U all soon

Stewart
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy