Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko, anyone heading over this coming season?

Poster: A snowHead
where are you staying and how much? cheers sumo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found the price comparable to the DIY skiing in the Alps.

We went there the year before for a week staying at the Alpen Hotel at the bottom of the chairlift station. For a couple the cost was £970 for accommodation with half board and £291 for the ski pass.

Will go probably next March but staying for a shorter duration, unless we manage to hire a car to do the neigbouring area.

We flew from Hong Kong as part of an integrated holiday. There are excellent transfer coaches bookable at the airport making the journey door to door to the above hotel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There may be a few on their way over in Feb.

Well, two at least.

And Mike Pows there all the time.

I'd guess £1800 for everything (flights, food, bed, pass etc) except beer vouchers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
check this place for cheapness www.hirafubackpackers.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc,
Quote:
There may be a few on their way over in Feb.
Well, two at least.

Can I come too please...? Going green

Don't want to "crash someone elses' party", but I'd be dead keen on a trip like this if you're planning to put a group together.

How about a JapoMsB.. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geoffers, more the merrier fella, do you really fancy a trip over?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 - 4 of us are planning to go over for a couple of weeks early Feb. Have been looking at the Black Diamond Lodge, coming in at between £1500 - £1800 inc flights. Good quotes and service from Lindsay at japanskiexperience.com
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc,
Quote:
....do you really fancy a trip over?

Yep: I'd be dead keen...would like to hear what you've got planned.

I have dropped you a PM with some details, so look forward hearing about your ideas Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geoffers, PM back at you.

Be glad to meet up if you felt able to make it. By the way, and following on from the PM, the spaces are filling fairly quickly - I think there were only six left last week.

Go on!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
scootsman1, we're over there 10th - 21st Feb. No idea where we're staying yet though.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, looking good - have PMed your PM. Have you any details on flights & accom yet?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm looking into doing a season in Niseko.

Currently making enquires with the few ski schools they have as far as getting a instructor job.

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And then they were three. snowHead

Mini unofficial MSB in Niseko Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
any tips for season long accommodation, like websites etc. Obviously depends on the location of the ski school but i would like to get as much research done as possible.
snow conditions
I may be going here from HK! Possibly over NY or Chinese NY.
latest report
Elliot_Simcock, probably best to start a new thread for this. It'll be easier to follow your responses and easier for the guy's organizing trips here to follow theirs.
I'd be very interested to see the answer to your questions its harder to get Japan info than Europe or US and there is less work but with increased interest from English speakers could be a good place for a ski instructor. Cool

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 25-06-09 14:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Elliot_Simcock, I have a friend who did a season as an instructr in Japan. There wasn't a lot of "teaching" involved. She would get classes of 30 Japanese kids, just learnt a few phrases such as follow me, copy me, stop etc in Japanese and that was it!
snow report
beanie1, i did think that is could be the cast, but i'm hoping to infiltrate one of the English/ Austrian run ski schools. There has been more and more demand for English speaking instructors out that way, so i'm willing to give it a go!
latest report
Elliot_Simcock, it was about 6 years ago she worked there, so things might have changed! Really looking forward to skiing there mysefl.
snow report
Dep UK 5th Feb - dep Japan 20th Feb, staying at Yama Shizen in the centre of Grand Hirafu. Very Happy May do Warren Smith Course while there but also have contacts that can arrange o/p guiding and days out wink - yet to decide Puzzled On the last night (19th) will be staying in Sapporo due the early flight back via Tokoyo Shocked . We were looking at staying at the Diamond Lodge, but found out that it was a bus ride from the Apres Shocked Can't wait so am considering making a "sleep advent calendar" Embarassed Laughing Laughing
snow report
RPF wrote:
Elliot_Simcock, probably best to start a new thread for this. It'll be easier to follow your responses and easier for the guy's organizing trips here to follow theirs.
I'd be very interested to see the answer to your questions its harder to get Japan info than Europe or US and there is less work but with increased interest from English speakers could be a good place for a ski instructor. Cool

snowjapan.com forum has all the answers
ski holidays
this place has some cheap accomadation options www.hirafubackpackers.com Toofy Grin
snow conditions
sumo, Have you some other subtle spam tactics?
snow report
A bunch of us going out on the 6th of January, we are staying at the Diamond lodge.
Bring it on!!!!
snow conditions
nice, if anyone has any questions Niseko or Hokkaido related post it here snowHead
latest report
Its an El Nino year this winter going by the climate people, anyone know what the effect is for Japan snow? snowHead
snow report
sparkzter, lots of powder, apparently!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have been promising myself a (snow) trip to the land of the rising sun for ages, can not commit at the moment but (if a few deals work out) I might well book something this season to coincide with other snowHead
snow conditions
If the last El nino was 2006 - if you read the archives it was a HUGE year 4.85mt base with 30-40cm average. Wasn't the 2005/06 season the one everyone still talks about?? WOW if that is what happens in El Nino BRING IT ON!!! Laughing snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
Mosha Marc wrote:

Just got this thread, you all booked in Mosha? Take it it's not over half term ????
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:

Just got this thread, you all booked in Mosha? Take it it's not over half term ????

1. Oh yes.

2. Oh yes.

Kids have sacked the half term trip this year, so it's Sayonara suckers - I'm off to get me snorkle

snowHead
ski holidays
And then there were six! Same time same place - different lines though! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I am looking at 20th-->30th of January.

scootsman1, sent a mail to japanskiexperience!
snow report
arv, Sure you can't make between 5th - 20 Feb? Question Would be great to 'Earn da turns" with even more SH's! Razz Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
scootsman1, I'd love to but I have to work around semester dates and exam times unfortunately, will have to leave it fairly late booking wise so you never know!
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, "Sayonara suckers" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing snowHead 186 nights to go!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
arv, PM'd ya Very Happy
snow conditions
Almost ready to book our flights, Have found a multi stop flight with JAL from Edinburgh - Saporro for just under £700
Any one else found anything better? Thats leaving on the 6th Jan and coming back in the 20th with a 2 night stop in Tokyo on the way.

ARV - come a week earlier and ski with us lot!!

Sorry Scootsman we will have tracked it all out by the time you get there!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Iknow its ages away but thinking of doing a Feb 2011 trip. I'll post about it again near the end of this season but if your interested start saving wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy