Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - November 21

Poster: A snowHead
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rjs, thanks again for the local knowledge. I got a bit overexcited at actually booking something and forgot to respond earlier.... There is no way I'm walking anywhere further than I have to and I won't have a car so happy to try the hostel experience. And there is always Le Dome etc in Les Boisses if I'm too soft to hack my manly roomies...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rich.ll, Sorry we have kind of hijaked your thread organizing this week wink
Have you organised accomodation through Snoworks or elsewhwere and do you know where you will be based
How about you Cski?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RPF, No problems about hijacking the thread. I haven't contributed to the discussion much because I'd got my accomodation and flights sorted before anyone had replied.

I'm staying at the Chalet L’Aguille Percee, I don't know which part of Tignes it's in (it was arranged by Snoworks).

I'll send you a PM with my mobile number.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF, I'm also in the Chalet L’Aguille Percee!

Is anyone driving/know about parking in Tignes?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CSki wrote:
know about parking in Tignes?

There are two or three parking spaces outside the Percee which I've used, but you can't guarantee that they won't be taken up by hotel staff or other guests. There's an underground car park very close to the hotel which is free for at least some of the time pre-season although I'm not sure when they start charging to park there. Maybe send a PM to Stewart Woodward to find out?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, The underground car park will be free that week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On previous trips I have booked shared transfers in an 8-seater van and paid around £50 - £60 each way but am being quoted stupid money this time... Am I being thick or is it just cos its pre-season...? Alpski-bus looks like the best solution so far but don't seem to be booking till next month. But if anyone else is traveling from Geneva to Tignes on Sunday 22nd give us a shout.

There's no chance that I'll get on the slopes on the first Sunday though no matter what I do. Snif!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dinomartino, You also need to think about how you are going to get between Les Boisses and Val Claret each day, there probably won't be a resort bus between Les Boisses and Le Lac that week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dinomartino, if we need to drive anywhere I've the car so sorted that way.

I'll know early October if I'll have space in the car to drop you back to Geneva on the Sunday. Early is good it means I get to ski (if there is snow anywhere else) I'm going that direction anyway.

There is a train into Bourg Saint Maurice from Geneva for £25 (ticket fully refundable and exchangable) (Ryanair take note Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ) It leaves 14 15 and your flight is due in at 1115 you'll be In Bourg St Maurice by 17 and a bit. I'll see you at the station its only 30-40 min from Tignes.

http://www.voyages-sncf.co.uk/

That train is from GenevaCFF so even if thats not the station at the airport it still gives you a bit of leeway.

The trains back are not going to get you to Geneva on time (but that may not be an issue if I've space in the car).

Those flights from Edinburgh are awesome value Very Happy

Likewise RichII, Schneeflocke, CSki if you need a lift to/from the station let me know. If I can i will. I presume your transfers are part of you package with Snoworks travel agent?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs, ha ha. I stupidly assumed that the hostel would be in the bit of the resort which had access to the slopes. Still haven't bought that map... I'm guessing that the instructors must have a plan if they are staying in the same place so I'll ask the question...

RPF, Wow. That's incredibly generous of you... I reckon the drinks are on me!
If it doesn't work out for you on the return trip the crack-of-dawn alpski bus is due into Geneva an hour before my flight so worth a shot. Not that I have any idea at this stage which part of the resort the bus stops in - might be a long walk at stupid o'clock!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RPF wrote:
There is a train into Bourg Saint Maurice from Geneva for £25 (ticket fully refundable and exchangable) (Ryanair take note Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ) It leaves 14 15 and your flight is due in at 1115 you'll be In Bourg St Maurice by 17 and a bit. I'll see you at the station its only 30-40 min from Tignes

A three hour train journey from Geneva to BSM? I didn't realise this was available. Is it direct or with some changes?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dinomartino, ZigZag may have their own minibus, it is an obvious way to bring all their stuff over from Flaine, I just thought that you might want to have a plan before getting there.

There is a map of the main bit of the resort here, use Google Maps or Multimap if you want to find Les Boisses.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Change at Chambery I think.
2 changes on the return that I saw but I'm sure it varies.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, aye - its change at Chambery Challes - £25 coach or £37 first class. And full refund before departure. Not bad at all... The trip I'm looking at is 3.5 hours but I'm guessing it will be scenic! But I'm still not sure where in geneva the train leaves from. Would be nice if it was the station by the airport...
snow report
rjs, thanks for the map. Its all starting to make sense!
snow report
RPF, thanks re: lift but luckily in my case coach travel from Geneva to Val D is already included.
snow conditions
RPF, thanks but I'll be driving! Does anyone need a lift that won't moan about women drivers and is capable of map reading? Laughing
latest report
CSki, I would've been interested but I've sorted out flights now.
snow report
CSki, I may already have a lift sorted through zigzag but if you are likely to be passing Geneva airport at around 11:30 on Sunday 22nd please let me know...
snow conditions
dinomartino, sadly not, my 'holiday' starts on the 21st so fingers crossed I'll be wimpering at the top of a race course by then.
latest report
CSki, be afraid. Very afraid...
latest report
CSki, Probably better than whimpering at the bottom of a race course....wink

Look forward to meeting you on the slopes then...
snow conditions
Hi all, late in on the thread, but I'm also at the Aiguille Percée, arriving Sat AM on the sleeper train -- you'll recognize me cos of the Guardian firmly tucked under arm.
ski holidays
Quote:

you'll recognize me cos of the Guardian firmly tucked under arm

awf, how do you keep it there whilst skiing Laughing

See you there I'll PM you contact my details before we go.
snow report
Ferry booked Should be in Resort Lunchtime Saturday might even get a few runs in.

Looking like there will be a nice collection of snowHead's in Tignes this week on various courses

schneeflocke
rich.ll
RPF
awf
dinomartino
CSki
david@mediacopy

Anymore we have'nt heard from?
snow report
RPF So you're official!

Snow expected this week - yesterday they were predicting about 60cm but now its down to about 40cm. I spent most of the morning watching the snow melt on the Tignes web cam after a couple of cms fell overnight.... sigh

http://www.tignes.net/fr/ski-a-tignes/webcams-290.html
ski holidays
Ill be out in Tignes. Training with R21 up to Dec 5th, glacier is looking in good nic. Looking forward to it!. Managed to get a studio apt for £100 per week (3 weeks training).

Im sure there will be plenty of snow before I arrive on the 15th!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dinomartino, I am indeed everything is nearly sorted. Very Happy
R555MAC, Awesome I'll PM you my contact details and hopefully we can catch up looking forwrd to meeting you. That sounds an awesome deal on the appartment.
ski holidays
RPF, Sweet, I would give you a number for myself but expect I will be getting a French sim as soon as I land. Ill PM my email add anyways.

The apt seems like a great deal, it will be a touch crowded, the 2 other people that I am sharing with are both training with R21 aswell. Its at Pont Rond (very near the funicular station), owned by 'ski encore'. So I am very pleased with it all, thought I would be spending at least 3/4 times for 3 weeks. Only minor problem is for tuning I am using the balcony and cant wax inside, dont really want to wax outside in the cold temps! Im sure I will find somewhere suitable near by though. Everything else seems organised though once my Test Technique conformation arrives.

Are most of you guys race training with Snoworks? Im a first time racer at 19 years old. I've done about 9 weeks in the gates so far 3 days per week (in NZ). Not finding it easy! But at the same time I have felt some great changes, right down to my freeskiing, its just so hard to apply it all back in the gates again. Tignes is going to be my time to really push myself that little bit futher, I need to be getting to Test Technnique pace by the end. I am going into the training full of confidence though! Lets see how far that gets me Skullie
snow report
R555MAC, My self and DinoMartino are doing a week with ZigZag. They are running a race course too but we are more into all terrain so it will depend on the conditions. I hope we get loads of powder and a few more lifts open so I can give my Whitedot Redeemers a run Very Happy but if its icy i will have the Slalom skis out.

3 of the others are with Snoworks either race training or all terrain and I think the others are on different courses possibly race training.

Sounds like you've been practicing hard. I'll look forward to picking your brainz on NZ its on my to do list.
snow report
RPF, Some powder wouldnt go amiss! Followed no doubt by some serious rutted SL training Skullie

Got your PM I'll send a text when I arrive (15th) go out for some serious athlete juice and you can pick my brain on NZ Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm starting to feel a bit outclassed. Am I the only crap skier in the resort that week? eek!

So what happens if there's no snow and everyone's fighting for a bit of glacier? Do we have to get up at 4:00 and lay our towels out on the piste...?
snow conditions
dinomartino, Laughing Laughing
Who said I was any good? Very Happy I think you'll be in good company.

Theres gonna be loads of snow I can feel it already.
snow report
dinomartino, You will be on the glacier for any race training whatever the snow is like elsewhere. Race groups book training lanes through the Piste Security office. At that time of year you probably want to be at the funicular by 8am.
snow conditions
RPF wrote:

I'll be skiing there for two or three days at the end of the week (although commuting up from Les Arcs rather than staying in Tignes). I'll more than likely pop in to the Aiguille Percee of an evening to say hello to anyone staying there and to avail myself of afternoon tea.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Awesome. I'll see you before then anyway. I better not revert to any bad habits incase you catch me wink

Are you coaching or just out for a bit of a preseason ski fix ?
snow conditions
Quote:

Am I the only crap skier in the resort that week? eek!

Definitely not

Quote:

So what happens if there's no snow

Then you won't see how crap I am, in which case ignore the above Toofy Grin
ski holidays
RPF wrote:
rob@rar, Awesome. I'll see you before then anyway. I better not revert to any bad habits incase you catch me wink

Are you coaching or just out for a bit of a preseason ski fix ?

Just a few days warm-up before heading to Zermatt for a course. I need to get to Les Arcs to collect some kit so thought I'd pop out a few days early to ski for a little bit longer than 150m and then having to stop Wink
snow conditions
RPF wrote:

I will probably be there that week, haven't booked anything yet though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy