Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need a flatmate

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to spend 13 weeks: Jan,Feb and March in the Alpes... right now I don't mind where just looking for a spare room....

Not done any research this is my first toe in the water....
I'm in my early 30's and male if this matters.... and not planning on doing any work....

Anyone planning on doing a season and need to fill a flat....?

PS yes I know natives exists but thought I would start here...
PPS I'm a better than average cook... Blush

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-06-09 19:28; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
II, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II, What plans do you have? Are you intending to stay in one area? I haven't made plans for the winter yet but I am thinking of doing several weeks (the leave I've stored over the years and my insignificance at work mean I could take a very long break this winter).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rich.ll, Realy have nothing planned at all.... want to go for 8+ weeks and want to spend less than 5k.....(but this is not a set limit just an asperation)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm tempted Andrew, I really am!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mememememememe!!!!!!!

No - work wouldn't let me.
No - mortgage company wouldn't let me.
No - husband wouldn't let me.

Booger Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice idea - you checked BernardC's neighbourhood. You could always take a punt on renting a place yourself then subletting weeks/weekends to shs visitors. A bit of space to yourself during the week but a stream of visitors.

If work takes a turn and unpaid leave is being offered up, might be in the same boat myself but probably would cross the pond.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
II, and rich.ll,

I am also looking to spend Jan-mar in a resort in France.

Please see my thread "Looking for Jan-Mar rental in France" in the "Chalets & Apartments" forum for details about me and what I'm looking for. I wouldn't mind flat-sharing.

Let me know if you'd be interested and we can keep each other updated on what we find. No offence taken if you're not!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well I've shared a room with the chap at the EOSB... very nice guy and not an axe murderer Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
II, That's ace, you lucky chappy.

I have also roomed with II at an EoSB and can confirm that he was (at that point) not an axe murderer and indeed is a great cook.
He also makes sure you get home after a few too many.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
II, have you looked at Canada/US? My friend is a single Mum with 2 kids - who just happen to be awesome XC skiers.... she takes them to Canada every winter to race and she sure is not rich (although she does work hard when back here to save money as do they)...

You might find you could do it for less over there - your airfare is more but a one off expense for the season... I'd have thought a season rental would be less if you stay away from whistler/vail etc and went for smaller places
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
II, rich.ll, Devils_Advocate, Season rental (if you can find it) is much more reasonable that monthly/weekly. Therefore you should really be thinking about renting Dec - May, which would probably be cheaper even if you don't want to use it all the time. Of course that would probably mean a quick trip in early Dec to take possession .... wink

The first thing to do is to decide where you want to go. I suggest 2 options in France - Bourg St Maurice for skiing Les Arcs/La Plagne/ La Ros/St Foy/Val & Tignes. Being in the valley it would be cheaper and easier to find a bigger apt. + big hypermarket there. Very Happy Alternatively and if you're into the serious off piste as per Swirly and co last winter, here is a good option with easy access to LG, ADH and SC + all the little spots around here - too many to mention. I'm sure there are places in Austria and Switzerland which also have good access to lots of skiing.

Good luck. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, if you're in Bourg St Maurice what's the cheapest way to get a lift pass for the surrounding areas?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CSki, remember that a lot of places have season lift passes available at a big discount if bought early - before the end of November in the case of our area; saves over 30% and means a season pass costs the same as two one-week passes at normal prices.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CSki, No idea - I'm not from that area, but there must be some sort of area pass available I would have thought. Maybe it would be a discount in other resorts or else free days? Perhaps someone from the Savoie can shed some light.
latest report
CSki, easiski, I'm going back now to when PG used to post, but I don't think you can get a multi-resort season pass. Usually, a season pass for Les Arcs (for example) will give you a few free "taster" days in other nearby resorts, then a (admittedly pretty hefty) discount on subsequent days - maybe rob@rar can fill in with more detail?

BSM would be an ideal location with the funicular up to Arc 1600, you should maybe consider doing a deal with Gordon & Rosie who run the ski shire place at the bottom of the funicular for storage of boots and skis -that way you can wal kto and from the funicular in your own shoes, and if you wake up one morening and fancy a roadtrip, you don't have to go up the mountain to get your skis.
snow report
Quote:

Alternatively and if you're into the serious off piste as per Swirly and co last winter, here is a good option with easy access to LG, ADH and SC + all the little spots around here - too many to mention.

The Scouse/Scottish/country bumpkin travelling circus looks like it is heading for Nendaz/Le Chable this year. We have yet to find a suitable base of operations but may well have space. PM if interested.

LDA is a good option but I would strongly consider living in La Grave if you are intending to ski off piste most of the time. While I enjoyed LDA a lot, we ended up going to LG whenever it snowed. There is also a much larger community of like-minded people there and the accommodation is cheaper - like 50 per cent cheaper. The downside is that the ski pass is of little or no use away from the telepherique (although there is a reciprocal deal with LDA).
snow report
gorilla, I'm gonna be in Le Chable too Dec -April, would be good to meet up. If you contact Jon Bristow in Le Rosbif he has accomodation. How many of you are there and are you out for the full season? Its not easy finding season accomodation in Verbier. I'll pm you his email.
latest report
CSki wrote:
easiski, if you're in Bourg St Maurice what's the cheapest way to get a lift pass for the surrounding areas?

Season pass for Paradisk last season = 935 euro (full walk up to nice lady, say bonjour etc, insert CC and enjoy the pain price). This gave you full access to Paradiski (what a surprise) plus 2x2 days FOC in each of Espace Killy & 3v (4 days in total) plus you allegedly got 50% off day passes in La Rosiere but never tried that myself. Not sure about discounts for other areas (e.g. St. Foy)

There is a holiski card which is a CdA device to simplify moving between resorts on the same card, but IMHO it's pretty pointless as in only includes Meribel and Les Manures in 3v without 'roaming' rights into Courch or VT. So it's ok if you only ski the one village, but not much use otherwise.
latest report
II, might be hard to get a flat mate confirmed at the moment, but i am sure you would get various snowheads to sign up ( for a month or so at a time ) closer to the start of the season.
latest report
gorilla wrote:

The Scouse/Scottish/country bumpkin travelling circus looks like it is heading for Nendaz/Le Chable this year. We have yet to find a suitable base of operations but may well have space. PM if interested.

Got any sofa space for weekends?
snow report
fatbob, I'll keep you posted. It may yet all go very, very wrong indeed. Needless to say if it doesn't then I hope as many people benefit from it as can.

RPF, the Rosbif is my backup option if we cannot find anything in Nendaz. We're not finding it especially easy but we'll see how things go. I'll drop you a line when we've got things confirmed.
snow report
fatbob, likewise.

gorilla, cool Cool
ski holidays
gorilla, cheers
snow conditions
RPF wrote:
gorilla, I'm gonna be in Le Chable too Dec -April, would be good to meet up. If you contact Jon Bristow in Le Rosbif he has accomodation. How many of you are there and are you out for the full season? Its not easy finding season accomodation in Verbier. I'll pm you his email.

Hey there, I'm thinking of a solo Dec - May trip but getting accomodation information is proving tough? Anyone you could oput me in contact with would be much appreciated.
latest report
oz5000, Verbier is not the easiest place to find accomodation. Thanks to a few good tips from snowHead's parlor and stevesparks I looked in Le Chable and came up good. I'll PM you that guys email. I ended up taking another place from someone else but Jons looks good and comes recomended.
Looks like there will be a few snowHead's round there for the season so wuld be good to catch up.
snow report
Thanks for all the advice... need to check on a few things before I can commit Sad to go hope to have the answers by end of September....
snow report
oz5000, Inter Agence has flats in Nendaz for rent:

http://www.inter-agence.ch/immobilier/nendaz/gerance/location-saison-hiver-ski.html

Through this I got a shoebox for 4500chf for the five months. This means a powder day bus to Siviez to get into the lift system but is significantly cheaper than living in Verb itself.

Verbier small ads are here:

http://www.verbier.info/index.cfm?Page=Buildpage&MainMenuId=142&SousMenuId=360

Contact details for the Rosbif in Le Chable are here:

http://www.skiconnection.co.uk/members/employerprofiles-details.asp?id=178

I don't have any experience of the place but I had a brief conversation with John Bristow re accommodation and he seemed pretty sound.

Prior to booking I made extensive use of the information in this thread on TGR:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127606

I'd get a move on. The stuff in Nendaz has filled up significantly since I started making enquiries.

Looks like there is going to be quite a few of us out there this winter. Roll on December.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm very very tempted by this idea... I'd have to work 'from home' 4 days a week, though Sad
latest report
II wrote:
I'm looking to spend 13 weeks: Jan,Feb and March in the Alpes... right now I don't mind where just looking for a spare room....

Hi - My friend and I are looking to do basically the same thing. Probably the whole season from December to April... We'll both be remote-working part time from the apartment, so we'll need a desk and reliable broadband connection. I work 2 days per week, and my friend probably about the same. The rest of the time we'll be in the snow!

We're mainly looking in Val Thorens or Meribel... I'm finding it really difficult finding 2 bedroom apartments though... I want to be central - and preferable ski-in/ski-out.

We'd definitely be up for sharing a larger apartment or chalet... Have you found somewhere yet?
latest report
Hmmmmm will be around the SE Valais ( Annivers, Gd St B in Jan.. might want to hook up Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I'm heading to St Anton if anyone's heading there? Looking for single rooms at the mo but if i can find some normal sounding people it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to get an aprtment Smile

I'm heading over Feb to April most likely.

cheers, K
snow report
II, now theres an idea. actually been mulling the 'ski bum season' idea over myself. Perhaps I should fix the subaru's clutch, fill it, do it.
latest report
kmkbeck wrote:
I'm heading to St Anton if anyone's heading there? Looking for single rooms at the mo but if i can find some normal sounding people it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to get an aprtment Smile

Think you're looking in the wrong place if you're looking on snowheads.
ski holidays
true true, perhaps not the best choice of words Smile
snow conditions
II,

Nice one!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
lampbus, could met you there from Jan 16th..we have a little road trip taking shape...

Might be passing through Verbier from the 23rd...on our way to Ulli
latest report
..i'm also heading to st anton.....and ...I have an option on a lovely 2 double bed apartment near the centre of St Anton...lots of entertaining space, bright and sunny as its south facing and really nice owner (very important in st anton) ive also looked at some one beds with a sofa bed/sharing space that can be swapped/rotated!!

I'm a 43 year old english girl and looking for someone who is social, fun, likes some apres (i love dancing!!) ...and loves to ski or board... .I love off piste skiing and know several of the off piste runs around St Anton but not yet explored much of zurs..or Lech. its a huge area really and if you've never skied here you dont know what you're missing...

so if anyone is interested in sharing with me let me know very soon....!
snow report
zoeamanda, Welcome to snowHead

Somebody, sometime very soon, possibly on this very thread, is going to make a comment on the usefulness of threads without pics wink
latest report
kmkbeck,kmkbeck and/or II? fancy St Anton...I will be out there about 16th October to confirm on an appartment but need to make a decision by next wednesday...

btw how are you meant to get in touch directly with people on this site?? or is it just a public forum???
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy