Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kitzbuhel question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
off to kitz next winter and my hotel is apparently 3 minutes walk to the streifalm chairlift, anyone know if i can use this and ski down to the hahnenkam gondola or would i be better off walking to the gondola in the first place? is it a long walk from this chairlift? also if anyone has any experience of hotel muhlbergerhof it would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can ski from the top of the Streifalm lift to very close to the Hahnenkamm gondola. It might well be quicker to walk, but not as pleasant.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it's a bit of a walk from the Streifalm chairlift to the Hahnenkamm gondola, probably less than ten mins though. It's probably possible to ski across given snow at resort level (there wasn't any when I was in Kitzbuhel) but you may have to traverse across and then take one of the nursery drag lifts up again to gain sufficient height.

Don't know anything about that particular hotel sorry, but Kitzbuhel is a great resort. I'd definitely go back there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rizzotherock, we've stayed in the Muhlbergerhof 3 times now. It's a B&B though not hotel and fairly basic but run by a charming family. They appear to have repeat guests year after year - some very interesting characters. They speak English well, although because they think my German goes beyond the few words I say to them they tend to yabber away at me whilst I nod and say Ja enthusisastically wink Just ask here if you have any specific questions.

I would recommend you get a locker in the ski shop at the base of the Hahnenkamm and leave your ski boots and skis there each night, just walk back to the B&B in your walking boots.

Look out for the walking paths between houses that'll get you down into the town centre quicker and more interesting than just going along the main roads - if you're going with Inghams you'll get a little hand-drawn map of the town which will show all these little paths. Enjoy snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy wrote:
get a locker in the ski shop at the base of the Hahnenkamm and leave your ski boots and skis there each night, just walk back to the B&B in your walking boots.
That's what we do; personally, I prefer coming down in the gondola to schlepping down the strief or the other route down (mostly rather dull, often busy at thee end of the day, roads), especially if the snow lower down isn't great. If you ski down, you canof course ski to the bottom of the Streifalmbahn and walk to your hotel (you may be able to ski closer to it).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for all that, any ideas on current prices for locker hire, meals and alcohol etc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rizzotherock, lockers are not that cheap, but I can't remember how much; Euro 7/night for a locker for 2 people (min)? They are swish, with heated boot and glove holders. Meals and booze not too bad - more or less typical Austrian resort prices, I think. Kitzbuhel has some posh and pricey restaurants, but some cheap ones as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rizzotherock, I found their website for locker hire http://www.kitzsport.at/index.php?id=264&L=1

Lunch on the mountain typically about 7 Euros for a big plate of something. Evening meal as cheap or as expensive as you want - it's all available in Kitzbuhel! I seem to remember a typical pizza in restaurant is about 11-15 Euros, Wiener Schnitzel type meal about 15 Euros. My memory's not what it used to be though wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BTW, the locker key is dumped onto your lift pass. Very nifty. The ski hire place which runs the lockers at the H'kamm is not the best in the world; very helpful, but their kit is not the greatest. You don't have to hire there to use the lockers (you don't even get a discount on the lockers if you do hire there).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Kitzbüheler Horn bar in the bottom station we've always found to be good value, even when over indulging! Don't overlook 'the Horn' we've had some great days there. The Hornköpfl-Hütte does a really good Gröstl.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy