Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need advice as to why more UK people do not go cat skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In simple terms i reckon you get more bang for your buck skiing in Europe. As essentially there's no point in my opinion going to nth america skiing for less than 2 weeks. When you consider the increased cost of skiing there e.g. lift passes are more expensive, getting there plus the additional cost of the cat skiing. Certainly for me my money would be better spent spending more time in France skiing bigger mountains. My €0.02

However in saying that once i become independently wealthy i plan on spending considerable amount of my time heli skiing (probably AK but i'll consider BC too), yachting, mtbing, climbing & other stuff like that.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not from UK but also from the European country that has not so many places to ski.
An average skier from my contry thinks that the offpiste stuff is dangerous in general and needs some decent skills and even can not imagine that it could be a great fun for themselves.
I think you would try expose/advertise it more like safe fun skiing or "first step to heli" with teaching elements for Europeans.
Not just "cat skiing" (a few people knows what it really is).
Was in Red - great!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kierengaul, I've skied canada on average twice a year for the past 6 years and i have been out cat skiing every single time (except in Panorama). However, its not always that easy to track down operators in advance, and sometimes the laid back canadian way of doing things doesn't inspire you with confidence that the booking is solid or that terrain can be found that is suitable, or that coaching/instruction will be available.

Having said that i have always had fun and it has always gone to plan. Blomidon Cat Skiing out in Newfoundland has to be the best i've done, skiing a volcanic crator down to the sea at dawn was amazing! I've been with them several times now and loved it each time. The only bad experiences i've had has been once out in Newfie when Blomidon Cat Skiing were on a maintencne break so another company took us out with skidoos, and the guide turned a skidoo over on me and injured my wrist, just one of those things, and then once with Blomidon i had a bad fall and the backstop had skied past me so i was on my own to try and find the equipment i had shed. The backstop got a severe telling off for this.

I'll be back agan this winter and no doubt cat skiing for some of this Smile Just need to convince the hubby to try it too now!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Of course there are days when you just do one or two special things with a guide, too: for example skiing down to St. Christophe from the back of La Grave (to give a well known example).

gortonator, 5-6K vertical on a Cat sounds like quite a lot of driving - but it is the vertical you get for the money that would put me off, compared to skiing with one of my favourite guides.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure I will get flamed for this but the skiing ability of most brits is not terribly high so they are less likey to be looking for this kind of thing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another reason many Brits don't ski off piste is because (I think) most package holiday insurance doesn't cover it. So if they broke a leg or had to be rescued, they would be liable for the whole bill.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lorenzo wrote:
achilles, that was brilliant link! Can't stop laughing!

OK, I shouldn't have encouraged you. Very funny the first time, but must be tiresome after that! Still waiting for chance to use it on friends myself though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy