Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland Smoking Ban

Poster: A snowHead
andytb, Yes - but a smoker who is smoking is not going to go out and beat someone else out - only those who've come across Stanton! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski wrote:
andytb, Yes - but a smoker who is smoking is not going to go out and beat someone else out - only those who've come across Stanton! Laughing Laughing

Aggression problem? Change of personality? Humour ByPass?

Deal with your smoking problem dont give your disease to others or litter the streets.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
Deal with your smoking problem

Smoking problem? It appears to be you who has a smoking problem, seeing as how you continue to rant on about it. The smokers amongst us just get on with whatever rules and regulations are thrown in our way....it's really not a problem NehNeh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
easiski wrote:

Aggression problem? Change of personality? Humour ByPass?

You've never shown much sign of having one to bypass Smile (The comment you were respondng to was clearly intended to be humorous)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very Good Fishing today Very Happy

Public Health

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/health_consumer/general_info/mission_en.html

Smoking is behind 90% of lung cancers Skullie

Back to Switzerland........

http://www.at-schweiz.ch/en/facts/who-is-exposed-to-passive-smoking-in-switzerland.html

Have fun with this

http://www.rauchenschadet.ch/

Finally if all else fails you can order your stylish doghut here Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.ziegler-metall.ch/shop/gebaeude_und_betriebsausruestung__5/raucherunterstaende_und_pausenraeume__32.html?zadid=12002
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have to agree with Guvnor here, Standing outside enjoying a smoke in the cold/snow/rain/wind is my choice, i just smoke according to the rules and regs of the country i'm in, however, i shall mostly be teaching in Austria next season where i can still smoke in bars/clubs etc. Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GreyCat wrote:
Have to agree with Guvnor here, Standing outside enjoying a smoke in the cold/snow/rain/wind is my choice, i just smoke according to the rules and regs of the country i'm in, however, i shall mostly be teaching in Austria next season where i can still smoke in bars/clubs etc. Toofy Grin
Maybe not .... watch this space ...

Mean while Very Happy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8104062.stm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
Very Good Fishing today Very Happy

What a sad man you really are...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
In Bern Canton the ban has definitely cleaned the air in bars & restaurants. Everyone is complying & standing outside, going to be cold in the winter Very Happy

Swiss Government Health Department intends to go even furhter with the ban Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.20min.ch/news/dossier/rauchverbot/story/Rauchverbot-bald-auch-fuer-Festzelte-und-Privatpartys--14311247
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney wrote:

banning the sale [of tobacco] would be pointless unless you were also going to ban the (personal) import, and that would require that all EU states brought in a ban on the sale, or it would be in breach of EU rules.

This statement infers that (personal) import (of anything?) is legal under EU rules (laws?) provided the goods in question are legally available anywhere in the EU. Is that what's intended? If so, does that mean that, eg cannabis which is legally available in The Netherlands (or is it??) can be legally imported into the UK? Sounds all wrong to me - perhaps I've misinterpreted your statement
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Red Leon wrote:
This statement infers that (personal) import (of anything?) is legal under EU rules (laws?) provided the goods in question are legally available anywhere in the EU. Is that what's intended? If so, does that mean that, eg cannabis which is legally available in The Netherlands (or is it??) can be legally imported into the UK? Sounds all wrong to me - perhaps I've misinterpreted your statement

I love helping a topic to wander Toofy Grin .... When I was a wee nipper, I was fortunate enough to do 3 summers worth of exchange visits with a Parisian family. One of the highlights of each trip was using every leftover franc of my spending money on petards. Big ones, small ones, multifused sausage string ones etc and spneding the rest of the summer holiday off on my bike blowing things up. Does this Euro law thingy mean that I can fill my suitcase up with bangers for the return journey home from France next time without getting shot next time I use the London Underground.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moffatross, You probably can import them, just not using ferry, tunnel or plane.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

WRT alcohol: it's nearly as addictive as nicotine

That is total rubbish, some smokers are addicted after one ciggarrette, most after two weeks. At uni I drink quite heavily on a regulay basis but when I come home I don't feel the need for a drink and if nothings happenning one week then I won't drink that week and I won't miss it as is the same for most people I know. Smokers can't do that
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When all you non-smokers have finished arguing amongst yourselves, can you give me a shout please? I'll be in the garden, smoking a fag Laughing
snow conditions
Smoking Ban in Holland (Update)

The Dutch government has given up trying to enforce the smoking ban in small cafes because of a legal loophole.
Some small Cafes argued that they did not have staff and won a court case.

The goverment intends to fix the loophole by mid August but they did not say what year Sad

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/binnenland/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2009/07_juli/08/binnenland/0708_1600_roken_mag_weer.xml

English

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/press-review-9-july-2009
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Deal with your smoking problem.

wayne wrote:

The smoking ban is just one section of society trying to impose their ideas, on a habit they don’t like, onto another section

Well said, wayne.

(note stanton's post actually comes AFTER wayne's post. Like a smoker insisting his/her smoke doesn't harm the person standing next, stanton also refuse to see himself in the same mirror. )
snow report
abc,
It is a grave mistake to ever quote me or to give any semblance of credence to anythng I say. Most of what I spout is either based solely on my own mis-guided assumptions or just daft. And, of course, I will always change my views on any given subject if Mrs Wayne instructs me to do so.
latest report
I was in Bern today, I noticed you cant even walk through the streets now as everyone is smoking in them. I carried on smoking everywhere I went because I'm the auslander and have selective understanding of the rules, when I'm back in wales I've had the cctv cameras on me and pa announcements reminding me that I will burn in hell for smoking in the street and children are dying because of me.
Ban smoking indoors and whatever but then dont tax ciggies, that's my 2p worth.

I've heard in japan its illegal to walk and smoke incase you burn some kids eyes out. Puzzled
latest report
abc wrote:
stanton wrote:
Deal with your smoking problem.

wayne wrote:

The smoking ban is just one section of society trying to impose their ideas, on a habit they don’t like, onto another section

Well said, wayne.

Its indeed well said; and true too!

But allow me to rewrite the well written sentence slightly:

"Democracy is just one section of society trying to impose their ideas, on something they like to happen, onto another section"

Is democracy a negative thing? Not necessarily Wink
But the way I just wrote it it sure sounds negative!
ski holidays
smokers really are pathetic and selfish. Would you sit in a bar and pinch someone on the arm for half an hour, no. So why would you breathe out harmful air onto them and make them feel sick?

THINK THICKOS
snow report
Smokers = Death to the Innocent Skullie
latest report
OMG I'd quite gladly sit in a bar and pinch both of you on the arm for half an hour. And I don't smoke and hate smokey bars. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Isn't it just like the Dutch to cherry pick their rules....can't think what all those Amsterdam bars would do without smokers... wink Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Which are actually pushed back more and more... City's close more and more of them.
And they actually do have to oblige to the smoking ban; So they made seperate sections where the personel doesn't have to come.
snow conditions
Smoking banned in all bars and restaurants in Melbourne (Oz). As far as I know, the earth has not stopped turning, nor has the sky fallen in. I do however know that it is nice to go out and not come home with clothes reeking of cigarette smoke.
snow report
Colin B wrote:
OMG I'd quite gladly sit in a bar and pinch both of you on the arm for half an hour. And I don't smoke and hate smokey bars. Twisted Evil

Laughing
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Smokers = Death to the Innocent Skullie
If someone has to die, I'd sooner it was the innocent than anyone else. Sanctimonious, innocent Fitzwilliams. Kill 'em all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New York

Bring it on Very Happy Very Happy

http://topnews.us/content/27146-new-york-likely-expand-smoking-ban-parks-beaches
ski holidays
rambotion wrote:
Quote:

That is total rubbish, some smokers are addicted after one ciggarrette, most after two weeks. At uni I drink quite heavily on a regulay basis but when I come home I don't feel the need for a drink and if nothings happenning one week then I won't drink that week and I won't miss it as is the same for most people I know. Smokers can't do that

Thats not always the case, i smoked for like 8 months, had no problem stopping. Didnt even feel like i ever needed them.

But anyway onto the more important bit. I dont believe in the banning of things. Yes smoking is harmful but if i want to kill myself gradually then i should be able to. Now you say 'you shouldnt affect others that are non-smokers just because they are in the same vicinity as you dirty cancer stick smoking bafoon.' But if there was really that much of a demand for smoke free pubs then some bright spark would have 7-15 years ago opened up a pub saying 'Absolutly no smokers in here, this is for clean cancer free lungs to drink in here!' And the pub/bar would have been massively busy because 'so many' people massively loathed the smokey environment. But as you see nobody did that, the people that didnt like smoking that much didnt goto pubs, or only sat outside in a pub in the summer.

You go into a bar/club now with a smoking area, some of the best banter you can have will be outside in the smoking area. The smoking ban changed the atmosphere of bars and clubs. And they now smell like wee wee/vomit/b.o. instead of cigarette smoke.

But saying that i do like not smelling of smoke after going to the pub for a few cheeky jars. Embarassed
latest report
Twitchy87, not a bad thought but pubs and clubs are buisnesses and they would not have bought in an independant smoking ban because they' be getting rid of a lot of customers, actually I think there's been a further upside to the ban, pubs seem to be being cleaned more effectively these days probably because the smokey smell is no longer masking the pee, vomit and stale beer.

I'm told the downside is with clubs where personal hygiene is not as effective, but then I've reached an age where I no longer frequent clubs so ... Laughing
snow report
D G Orf, Thats the point im trying to make, if people really wanted it instead of the government deciding whats best for us, then they wouldnt have lost any business, infact they would be busy as hell of all the people wanting to goto a pub in a smoke free environment. But no it didnt happen because it wasnt wanted. So the government brings in the smoking ban and pub customer numbers drops quite dramatically, they have to spend money on a smoking area for the new found smokers that are forced outside. Give it a few years and drinking more than 4 pints will become illegal because its bad for our health or its classed as bingeing rolling eyes
latest report
Twitchy87 wrote:
rambotion wrote:
Quote:

Thats not always the case, i smoked for like 8 months, had no problem stopping. Didnt even feel like i ever needed them.

But anyway onto the more important bit. I dont believe in the banning of things. Yes smoking is harmful but if i want to kill myself gradually then i should be able to. Now you say 'you shouldnt affect others that are non-smokers just because they are in the same vicinity as you dirty cancer stick smoking bafoon.' But if there was really that much of a demand for smoke free pubs then some bright spark would have 7-15 years ago opened up a pub saying 'Absolutly no smokers in here, this is for clean cancer free lungs to drink in here!' And the pub/bar would have been massively busy because 'so many' people massively loathed the smokey environment. But as you see nobody did that, the people that didnt like smoking that much didnt goto pubs, or only sat outside in a pub in the summer.

THe most important reason for the smoking ban was the health of non-smokers, not their personal preferences.

And preliminary research results out this week show that appears to have been a resounding success.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6183174/Smoking-ban-reduces-heart-attacks.html
ski holidays
So now we have government healthcare by press release.

Oh well yet another report has cited this strangley fixated woman (Anna Gilmore) as the “expert”.
Ain’t she she’s meant to objective ??.

Oh well, if you ignore her and look at the “official” NHS data. -Here's a new topic (for anyone brave enough Toofy Grin )

Stopping Smoking increases your chance of Heart Attack Laughing

http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk/Ease/servlet/ContentServer?siteID=1937&categoryID=537
Death rate from Heart attack "BEFORE" smoking ban dropped by 2.8%. After smoking ban 2%.

QED Stopping smoking will kill you

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Twitchy87 wrote:
rambotion wrote:
Quote:

THe most important reason for the smoking ban was the health of non-smokers, not their personal preferences.

And preliminary research results out this week show that appears to have been a resounding success.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6183174/Smoking-ban-reduces-heart-attacks.html

Yeah but you dont have to goto a pub which is a smokey environment. Just get the workers to sign something so they know their working in a smokey environment and they are aware of the health issues. Why should the government make that decision for us?
ski holidays
Twitchy87, Because it is part of the government's job to run the health service, and try and keep the overall level of health of the population as high as possible.

And as such, leisure activities which kill other people should be banned or severely restricted.
ski holidays
Just a note, here in Switzerland the smoking ban is being observed in all bars and cafe's I have been to however, they have not gone through there first winter yet !

Back in Holland the government maybe doing a u turn and are looking into the possibility of allowing smoking in bars & cafe with good ventilation.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/09/smoking_ban_back_on_the_minist.php

Smokers dont get your hopes up to much the EU wants all members to implement there smoking bans by 2012

http://euobserver.com/851/28392

THere are reports that the EU will impose an EU wide ban after 2012
snow conditions
Smoking bans cut the number of heart attacks in Europe and North America by up to a third, two studies report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8267523.stm
ski holidays
stanton, sod. That's the national health bill going up again as people grow older. Perhaps I should take up smoking; I have no wish whatsoever to live to the dubous pleasure of a geriatric nirvarna.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy