Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lenght

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to buy some 5 stars Volkl.I am 5ft 11 and 80kg,would the 168cm or the 175cm skis be ok, has anybody any advice. rolling eyes :
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on your ability and how often you go off-piste. The better you are and the more time you spend off the longer your ski should be. If you very rarely go off-piste and don't compete in races/skiercross then 168cm should be perfectly adequate.
I assume you are not a beginner: what length do you usually ski?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
curlieu, I just changed my Salomon 3Vs which were 176 for Head iXRC 1100SW in 170 - I'm roughly the same height and a few kgs more. I haven't found any speed issues with the shorter ski, but I do switch to 179 Pistols when I want to spend more time in the pow pow
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
curlieu, where do you live? Could you go to one of the snowdomes to try either size?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I usually ski 170s and have skied for 8 years,Would like to do more off piste but do like speeding
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
curlieu, M Coins has just bought the 5* & is exactly the same height and weight as you! He's mainly a speed freak on piste and has gone for the 168.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
curlieu, I bought the 5* at 168 this year. I am your height and weight. They are just right for me - fast, stable, fun, usable everywhere. I wouldn't change anything about them. I've been skiing more than twenty years and like to ski fast all over the mountain.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
curlieu,

Most definately the 168cm's.

I've got 5 Stars in 168cm. I'm 5' 9" & 83kg & they're superb at that length. I know that you're a bit taller than me but it's your weight that's the important factor. No problems with high speed stability on the 168's & that extra bit of control/radius is useful in tight spots.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat,

Hope you had as good 'un in the US - when are you posting a thread re your time at ESA & some feedback on your new Heads?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, I'll do that soon - although if you check out the resorts section, you'll see I posted a bit about Big Sky.

To summarise the trip: snowHead Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Razz Very Happy

And the skis: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked snowHead Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

(the Shocked is if you are in the back seat at all, they throw you, so they really keep you well balanced, but really reward you for skiing them well)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy