Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which winter websites do you like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following the snowawards list of best winter websites I wonder which ones you use?

Of the top of me 'ead here are a few I like:

www.adrenalintrip.net
www.goneboarding.co.uk
www.snowheads.com - of course!
www.pistehors.com
www.skiersjournal.com
www.telemarktips.com
www.powdermag.com

has anyone other great ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought that www.ifyouski.com had some good tips (ski technique), but I might be alone in that!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, I really like www.theskishop.co.uk but then again, I would.
Also:
www.epicski.com
www.natives.co.uk
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Okay, shoot me down in flames

www.skiclub.co.uk
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B wrote:
Okay, shoot me down in flames

www.skiclub.co.uk

No they are all good, I'm trying to get a feel of which winter websites people do look at, rather than some abstract list cooked up by marketing men.

there is www.snow-forecast.com which I think a lot of people use.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sherman,
On www.theskishop.co.uk if you go to the "Resorts" page, you'll find a list of my favourite ski websites - including www.snoweye.com which is probably the best for webcams.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For (mostly) safety issues:

http://www.pistehors.com

and for a bulletin board on the same issue:

http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=5
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ones with cheap holidays !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Absolutely, austin7, I am stunned by the bargain I got from Igluski. They have got to be on the list. (No commercial link to them. I used them first time ever on Saturday.)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a site that sells ski gear on-line. I shredded my gloves on Francois Doit's superb edges in Mottaret.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A bit closer to home. www.winterhighland.com
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish wrote:
Absolutely, austin7, I am stunned by the bargain I got from Igluski. They have got to be on the list. (No commercial link to them. I used them first time ever on Saturday.)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a site that sells ski gear on-line. I shredded my gloves on Francois Doit's superb edges in Mottaret.

http://www.pmgearusa.com/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=3&x=13&y=11

http://www.aspectjournal.com/index.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish wrote:

Try www.OutdoorsMagic.com They're not a shop, but they have links to many online outdoor gear shops, some that do ski wear (or stuff that can be used for skiing).

Two ones worth trying from their list are CCCOutdoors (some stuff is half price) and the Cotswolds one. Dunno where you are in Staffordshire, but Base camp One is (I think) in Ludlow and worth trying.

Otherwise the usual suspects like Slush & Rubble, Field & Trek, Ellis Brigham, etc. all do mail order, I think.

TKMaxxx is good for reduced ski clothing - though you have to look araound and it's a bit hit and miss.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fiddler wrote:

http://www.aspectjournal.com/index.html

That is one COOL site. Great stories. Kind of Powder magazine-ish but even more creative. Everyone should check it out.

From this page: http://www.aspectjournal.com/about.html

"Aspect Journal is an online publication devoted to grassroots ski writing by talented and passionate authors. Our content explores the various aspects of skiing and skiing culture through rich and well-developed storytelling.

There is a kind of ski writing that true authors love to create but cannot easily publish in today's market. This kind of writing goes well beyond commercial magazine content. It delves into the deeper aspects of skiing culture. It gives words to shared experiences, joys, visions, humor, ideas, tragedies, anticipations, habits, addictions, and epiphanies. This kind of writing is not assigned by anyone. It comes out of the need to express and create. It is a kind of poetry. A writer writes it because he or she has to. It scratches and claws to get out because it is rooted in feelings and experiences, a person's very existence."
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Absolutely no hint of the pretentious then.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy