Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada upset with skier allocations for 2010 Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Canadian ski federation has learned that its allotment of skier slots for the 2010 Olympics at Whistler has been cut from a hoped-for 22 to only 14. Alpine Canada's chief of athletics, Max Gartner, thinks this will give Canada a big disadvantage against top ski nations like Austria, Switzerland, France and Italy, who have been allocated 22 skiers each.
Skier numbers have been decided using a new formula developed by the International Ski Federation.
...Here are the allocations:

22 Austria, France, Italy and Switzerland
20 U.S.
14 Canada, Sweden
13 Germany
12 Slovenia
8 Czech Republic
6 Finland, Liechtenstein
5 Spain, Great Britain
4 Australia
3 Moldova, Monaco, Lebanon
2 Jamaica, Turkey
1 Senegal, India, Cayman Islands

Source: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ronjuddsolympicsinsider/2009322831_o_canada_host_nation_loses_alp.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Must say it doesn't seem very many - say you put your top skier into each discipline ignoring combined - that's 8 slots straightaway - leaving a total of 6 for the allrounders and second ranked to share. Do NZ, Chile & Argentina have no slots despite being "alpine" nations?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Do NZ, Chile & Argentina have no slots despite being "alpine" nations?

i was wondering the same thing 4 for oz and none for NZ Puzzled i think it mainly has to do with which nations host WC events
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think there might be some omissions from the list. There is no mention of Norway, I think Svindal would be a little disappointed not to go as the current World Cup crystal globe winner. There is also no Croatia, Bulgaria, Poland, Slovakia either. Kwame would also be disappointed as Ghana are not there too!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another news article says thats a list of some of the quota spots allowed to various countries ...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like all countries with qualified skiers can send one - http://corporate.olympics.com.au/files/84/FIS_Qualification_System_Vancouver2010__JANUARY08_eng.pdf
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know where this info has come from. There doesn't appear to be anything about a new formula for quotas on the FIS site. Nothing has been announced. The only thing I can see is the qualification standard with quotas in the link that Okanagan put on.
The date for NOC quotas is set as 19 Jan 2010 - hoping that TJ will have made the GB qualification standard by then! Just 1 top 20 place in a Europa cup race required. All other criteria met.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy