Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel Mid March

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Kitzbuhel or Soll for some gumutlichness and gulasch in mid March.

I'm concerned about their lowness and Snow reliability so how late should i leave it before booking - bearing in mind i would like to book as early as possible to ease my excitement Laughing

To that end how much snow is a minium in mid feb to ensure at least being able to ski back to resort on something white. (nice open question for you all...)

Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't tell you anything about Soll, but as a Kitzbuhel regular I would say you will be OK in mid-March. I go for Christmas and for a reasonable intermediate, at its worst there is still plenty to ski and do. The main thing about the town is it is so pretty and the atmosphere is wonderful. I had a conversation once with a top guy from the lift company and he was asking himself why they close in April when there is still plenty of fresh snow falling then. It might be "ski early - ski high", but I think it will be at least OK.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just noticesd your second point/ question. As you are skiing over meadows, you only need 10-20cm of snow to get down to the valley bottom. It isn't like some of the high resorts where the snow has to cover rocks.

You go to Kitz for its charm. If that appeals to you then go for it. If you like the idea of skiing to a place where the locals welcome you and travelling on skis seems natural than Kitz is for you. If you want to ski in a huge and efficient machine then go to one of the big French resorts. I like both, but its Kitzbuhel for Christmas charm for me. Only 44 hours now. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish,
Hi Chris are you the chris with a wife called Bev,who has jusrt came back from Kitzbuhel.Vinny hear just regestered after you entioning the site.
vinny
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads yinkymoka! snowHead
I think you've found your man.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yinkymoka, Hi Vince, yes Bev and I both frequent this site as does Jon under the name Jimmy (as in Jim's Mystery ski tours). You'll find me talking about Bev's skis on the equipment reviews pages. Did Linda decide to buy some?

By the way, welcome to the friendliest and most informative ski forum on the web.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yinkymoka, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You need to try somewhere a little higher for mid march. Suggest you look at Ischgl (excellent), obertauern (almost unknown by the brits), St Anton (you've got to go atleast once, its legendary). all of these also offer grater skiing convienance thal soll and kitz.

Regards

Bob
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm a big fan o Kitzbuehel. My family goes every year for about 50 years. I've been there a few times. Sometimes the snow is great but sometimes it can go for quite a long time without proper temperature for snow. Then it gets wet in some places and icy in others.
I wouldn't risk March thou. But this year they had quite a lot of snow so i reckon there's a chance...

Does anyone else go there regularly?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
localpigeon, well that's at least two of us Kitz fans on thi s site then. Welcome to snowheads. I have been last 3 christmasses. Pity about the downhill today.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish, that makes three! I was in Kitz on Sunday. Absolutely great conditions, and getting better all the time. March is usually just fine for Kitzbuehel. They usually have sufficient snow right into April. I've experienced excellent powder skiing there at the beginning of April before now, and if you don't get powder then you get the spring 'firn' snow, which is almost as good!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm pleased to hear that conditions are good in Austria. I have some friends at Saalbach at present on their first ever ski holiday. I just hope it hasn't been too cold and flat-light for them.

I'm trying to persuade myself there are other places for Christmas, but I don't know where else would match Kitz for charm and good skiiing that early.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish, Saalbach is a lovely village. Much smaller than Kitzbuhel but just as charming in its own way with some high quality yet traditional hotels. I would imagine that Saalbach would be cosy at Christmas where as Kitz is more glitzy. You will not be disappointed by the skiing in Saalbach either, its better than Kitz for intermediates. Go on, give it a try!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a call from my friends today and they are enjoying themselves and not cold! Thanks hayley t, . I think we have similar tastes in ski resorts. A definite probable! snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm a Kitzbuhel fan; the skiing's not the most exciting or extensive in the world, but it's a great combination of good skiing, pleasant town, good grub and beautiful scenery. I've only been there for long weekends so far (apart from a week's walking in May), but I'm there for a week w/b 12th Feb. From what I've heard, you should be fine in mid-March, but a higher resort would of course be safer.
ski holidays
I've never been to Kitzbuhel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy