Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First White Dot freeride skis in the UK stolen

Poster: A snowHead
Pssst! Wanna buy a <a class=WhiteDot?">
The first production models of White Dot freeride skis arrived in the UK yesterday, only to be stolen en route. White Dot founder, Andrew Phyn, became aware of the situation when he was contacted by a shop enquiring about warranty conditions on five pairs of skis they had just been offered. Naturally, this surprised him, as there were only supposed to be five pairs of White Dot skis in the country – those he was rushing in for the snowHeads ski test at Hemel SnowCentre tomorrow....The police were contacted and a sting operation was set up. When the thieves arrived to deliver the skis at the shop, they were met by Andrew and 7 CID officers.
It transpired that the skis had been delivered to the wrong address, and the neighbours rather than passing them on had decided to make a bit of money on the side. Unfortunately for them, they weren’t to know that they had the rarest skis in the country.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brilliant story, i definately want to test some of the "hot" skis!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's no accounting for the stupidity of some people. Good news for all of us attending the event at Hemel that we will get to see these skis after all Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocked nice neighbours! rolling eyes Well done on getting them back! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, I don't know them as they are renting and are new to the area.
I shall now be informing all of my neighbours who they are and I feel I should inform the NHS what one of their staff members (the wan*er is a mental health nurse) gets up to to raise extra income Toofy Grin .
My heart felt thanks to Halifax CID who were great.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 5-06-09 21:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1, what total tossers. And as for one of them being a mental health nurse...words fail me. Skullie Great that the story ended well, though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, Nice work getting them back. How did they end up at the wrong address in the first place? If you used a courier for the delivery it's not good enough, they are well able to charge for their "service".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1, look mate, I'm sorry OK. But you got 'em back so no hard feelings eh?

I hate it when my family let me down like this.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RPF, The postcode, company name and my name were fine but the docs had the wrong house number on. The factory is trying to find out if it was their error or a courier error. Either way Whitedot is not being charged. Unlike the dishonest Fitzwilliam who tried to make a quick buck.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 25-07-09 16:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What complete tw*ts, but really glad to hear Halifax CID were on the case and you got them back!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, Thats OK mate but please can your ask your family to kindly move their caravan to another layby now Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kiwi1, you forgot to mention that your 'neighbour' used his real name when he signed for the delivery Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, not the sharpest knife in the draw eh rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dear god, the lengths some people will go to in order to prove their idiocy. glad to hear it got sorted so quickly!
ski holidays
cunning offset to a limited marketing budget??? Toofy Grin

a CID sting??? is Halifax that crimefree (or crimeful??!)

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Fantastic that you managed to get them back and well done for getting the scum!
ski holidays
The lengths some people will go to for a bit of PR wink

Are you changing your strapline to "No gimmicks just instant karma"?
snow report
"Sting operation set up" Sounds somewhat glorified for just turning up when the crooks arrive.
ski holidays
kiwi1, glad you got the skis back - and I agree the police seem to have been really good. Nice to see a crisply written snowheads exclusive, too, el hen.
ski holidays
achilles, it caused some panic when I got the call from the shop to say they had received an offer for them. First of the police didn't seem to want to know but thenit was thought the Courier driver was involved which could have lead to other thefts which is why CID got involved. Certinally good for me when they did (on a recovery and PR level Toofy Grin)
latest report
Great story, thought it was made up. Hope you all have fun in Hemel. Can't make it Sad
snow report
kiwi1, great bit of news in all aspects. See you later. Nick
ski holidays
kiwi1, Glad it ended well

What a bunch of Morons I am sure you will have a few awkaward moments picking up the papers in the morning Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Fattes13 wrote:
What a bunch of Morons I am sure you will have a few awkaward moments picking up the papers in the morning Very Happy Very Happy

Depends if his neighbour gets their 1st and has sold them back to the local newsagent Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Whitedot ski test HH - Ski them like you've stole them Toofy Grin
snow report
Spyderman, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
kiwi1, Glad you got your skis back and glad to meet you at HH...

Best... Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiwi1, if the bloke really as a mental health nurse - and there are charges that ensue - you might want to inform the NMC.

Don't get mad, get even. Twisted Evil

Please do do something - Mental Health patients are vulnerable at times and they need protection.
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, good call.
latest report
stoatsbrother, Hurtle, already on it. All he got was a caution which remains on his record for 5 years. I am going to be informing the NMC.
ski holidays
kiwi1, v good. (Sorry not to meet you, I carried out my resolve to avoid all test skis!)
snow report
Quote:

I carried out my resolve to avoid all test skis!

Hurtle, very disciplined of you i could never resist test skis. I saw your skis in CEM's shop a few weeks ago. Very nice, they should be a lot of fun.

Edit: now that I think of it I was so keen to test a pair of Whitedot preachers I bought a pair after flexing them at Spyderjons! All I'm missing is snow Shocked

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 7-06-09 17:34; edited 2 times in total
latest report
RPF, Toofy Grin
snow report
I reckon you should call your next ski "The Sting" or even "Halifax Sting" in honour of the CID Wink

Nice one on getting the skis back and great seeing you at the weekend Very Happy
latest report
yeah good suggestion re calling the next skis 'the sting'
latest report
didn't kiwi's stock get nicked last year as well - you'll ne uninsurable soon
ski holidays
dan100, Yup but we've been targeted the last two Decembers. 2007 we got broken into and they got away with approx £6K of mostly Moah clothing and bolle glasses/goggles. Last December the show trailer got broken into and theives go 1 pair of GS skis and a couple of jackets. Not enough to put a claim in and this year people down the road tried to profit from the delivery going to the wrong address. We've had to move storage facilities to get insurance.
Time to move back home to NZ.
latest report
kiwi1, don't get me wrong, I'd love to go back - but as for crime, do you think things have got better?
Quote:
New Zealand has its fair share of serious crime and according to 1990 statistics, the murder rate, per every 100,000 people in New Zealand, was double that of England and Wales.

It has a few ‘no go’ areas after dark in the main cities, with a certain amount of trouble with gangs. Although until comparatively recently people left their doors unlocked, all that has changed and burglary is certainly on the increase. In fact there were 61,000 cases of burglary reported in 2003.
latest report
achilles, I know everywhere in the world has crime but I'm looking forward to moving home, into the mountains or coast with a couple of acres of land, sit on my porch with my shot gun, chewing my piece of straw while my blood hound sleeps quietly beside my rocking chair. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy