Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia to open this summer, adding to Zermatt ski area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Zermatt-Cervinia summer ski area will be larger than usual this year, as ski lifts will be running on the Italian side of the area too. This will make the resulting ski area one of the largest summe skiing areas in Europe. In all, there will be 14 miles of slopes and 14 lifts. Zermatt is open all year round, while Cervinia's summer ski area will open from June 27th until September 6th....Also new this summer will be use of the new IDE snowmaking system at the base of the ski runs to supplement the snow cover. The new system can create snow even in positive temperatures.

Source: http://www.ultimate-ski.com/News/Cervinia_Adds_to_Zermatt_Summer_Ski_Area.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow wow wow.

Wow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fuk yeah.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont actually believe this, nothing on any other website confirms it.
http://www.cervinia.it/Il-domaine-skiable/Impianti-e-piste/piste_cervinia.aspx

I think they are getting the opening of the normal link up from cervinia to the glacier confused somewhere. I certainly didnt see anything about it in zermatt on the weekend. I hope it's true though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny luv plums, I agree, I can't see that there anything much on the Italian side suitable for summer skiing - it is all south facing. The only glacier bit is the top part of the Ventina, but the glacier doesn't extend as far as the next station down.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
But surely a visitor from the Italian side can take 3 cable cars to top of the Cervinia and ski down intio Zermatt skiable summer area of Plateau Rosa. They can equally ski back from the top of the Swiss side to the same cable car link at the top of Cervinia, take the cable cars and gondolas down without the need to ski on the Italian side. This is on the assumption that nothing can be skied on the Cervinia side.

The piste map shows the Plateau Rosa Testa Grigia at the top of Zermatt has 9 lifts. The news reports the summer skiing has 14 lifts. There are a twin gondola at Cervinia base, one gondola at mid level and another Cable car at the Italian side so the summer skiing may not need any skiable area from the Italian side at all as total number of lifts is already 13. Therefore the Italian could just open their gondola and cable car stations to send the skiers to the Zermatt side to ski.

Altitude wise there may not be enough snow to ski back to bottom of the cable car Laghi Cime Blance at 2812m but the Cervinia highest chairlift "P" to Theodulpass at 3301m is short and may be just skiable if assisted by snow making equipment.

I am just guessing here but believe the potential is there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

the Italian could just open their gondola and cable car stations to send the skiers to the Zermatt side to ski.

but they already do, in summer friggin club med has ski school going up there from the italian side as well as a stack of people race training. I dont get it at all. Like I said, seems the news is screwed somewhere. I'd like to see Gandegg and testa 1 open all summer with the new snow machine to fill the cracks in near trockener steg. Dunno how they would fix the river problem that streams across the end of the glacier though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tourist board web site confirms that run 7 down to Laghi Cime Blance cable car is open for the summer.

Just shows what a year for snow they had this year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was there in May and the place was absolutely loaded. I think it would be a cool summer ski hill and one I would actually consider visiting (staying Swiss side of course).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy