Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boarder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,
Just back from doing my first winter season and whilst I was out there I tried boarding for the first time and despite the trips to the doctors really enjoyed it.

I'm going out again in the winter to do another season and am planning on boarding but wondering about getting lessons before I head out. I never really had a proper lesson per se during the season, my mate just got me standing on a board and edging down and I then picked up turning myself. Thus I am planning on having a lesson or two before I head out for the winter at the Chill Factore as I'm not too far away. I'm just wondering if people can recommend the tuition at the CF and whether I should go for the beginner course or nursery slope guided practice (not too sure I feel confident enough for the main slope improver)?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't comment on the tuition at CF specifically but I would definately advocate lessons prior to hitting the mountain again. You could always get some when you are out there but doing it in advance will mean that you're not wasting time learning when you could be out having a blast.
Get some lessons, then spend the time between now and next season practicing at CF - you'll be glad you did.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's half the thinking, get the lessons now so I have more time when I get out there and don't have to try and fit lessons around working. The second reason is to get a snow fix, missing the Alps already! Twisted Evil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
do you need lessons after doing a season in the alps? i'd have thought you'd be pretty good by now?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I only boarded for a day or two, spent most of the season on two planks as I could ski before going out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tough one! If you get a sound instructor and you explain the deal to him I'm sure you'll get they instruction your after on the main slope. Maybe ask to have an hour lesson at level 4 (falling leaf/basic turn), if you pi.ss the lesson go recreational, CF is plenty wide enough to get an out of control basic turn in!

All the slopes offer 'board in a day', if you've done a couple of days on the mountain you should be up to standard. Take your best boarding mate and get him to help you out!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy