Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dry slope pistes..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question:

If i take my own skis to a dry slope, such as Gloucester or Sheffield, will they need waxing and edging again afterwards, or do the dry slopes look after them?

Cheers in advance for any replies!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been to Glos a few times but never used my own skis for fear or wrecking em'. Prefer to hire theirs.

Sorry that didn't answer your question Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm, not really i suppose, so im still for other people's experiences!

What is the freestyle stuff like at Glos tho?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magicrichard, the problem with good skis on plastic slopes is the friction (heat) to the bases, and the abrasion from any dirt particles on the surface.

Unless you have skis that you specifically want to dedicate to dry slope use only, you'll only ruin the snow performance of your regular skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, Thanks - i think i'll hire first time i go then. Means riding switch might be a bit tricky, but probably worth it!

Although i do have a pair of destroyed skis from skiing at New Year that havent been waxed or edged yet Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magicrichard wrote:

What is the freestyle stuff like at Glos tho?

Check out this link - http://www.gloucesterski.com/todo_funpark.htm - there's a few photos - whenever i've been there (mostly in the summer) the fun park area has been empty. A couple of evenings (Thursday and Sunday I think) the ski club hires out the slopes so go a different day to this.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bored At Work, Hmm, yeh i saw that, and thought it looked pretty weak, i guess SHeffield is the decent place to go, but cheers for the heads up about the evenings!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had a chat a while back with the guys at my local (Soton) dry slope about this - they unanimously agree that the only skis worth taking onto plastic are hired, or an old pair you don't care about. It rips bases to shreds in no time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magicrichard, here's a pic of our man Justin having a day out at Gloucester. I believe he refers to this as "busting" a few jumps etc., and it's appropriate as he has indeed bust most parts of his body.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy