Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs (1950)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Just booked a week in Les Arcs 1950, Le Village Apartments. We leave on the 17th March.

I've never been to Les Arcs before so im looking for any info/advice from you guys on the area.

It's a guys only trip so we will be looking for a nice warm pub with 'cheap' beer (less than the 12euros we payed in Tignes!).

Any Les Arc Experts on the forum?

Was wondering if its possible to ski all the way down to Bourg?

Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave_wick,

Hi Dave,

1950 is nice enough, Georges bar beer is between 5-8 Euro a pint, bitters and ciders , all cans and bottles, house red/white 20 Euro. Not overly a pub and the stairs to the toilets are high risk.

Found beer on the slopes was no more expensive and had a couple of reasonable lunches at the Arpette restaurant near the ski park, about 25 Euro a head including a couple of drinks, they had a self serve cafe as well.

If you go up to LA 2000, all the bars seemed about 6.5 Euro a pint.

I have heard it is possible to ski down to Bourg, but will leave confirmation to a proper skiier.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blahblahblah,

Thanks for the info, really looking forward to going now.

Anyone stayed in Les Villages?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed in arc 2000 2-3 years ago. An absolute monstrosity of a resort with a couple of huge and very ugly skyscraper/hotel type things. When we arrived we felt a bit downhearted as the chalet was tucked into the mountain with no view of the valley, in fact we were on the ground floor and from our windows we had a slight upwards slope so all we could see was the sky. As soon as we walked to the top of the resort and saw the ski area and our spirits were lifted big time.

If you are in 1950 you are literally just below 2000 and can ski from one to the other in about 20 seconds and it is a lovely little town. Apparently it was designed on whistler and it really is very nice indeed. Les Arc had some of the best skiing I have done and I really enjoyed the holiday, if you get a room with a view in either resort looking down into the valley away from the ugly buildings it is stunning. The wide tree runs and off piste towards peisey vallandry are fantastic as well (where I am heading in March Smile)
We used to go down to 1950 in the cable car to eat and there was plenty of restaurants and bars down there.

All in all you will really enjoy it, the aguile rouge really is fantastic (although it turns into a blue run/road half way so bit of a chore on a board). i can't wait to go back and give it all another go. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely nice apartments although all the shops, bars, restaurants there know they have a captive audience. Since there are no cheap apartments at 1950 (only 4-star), they also tend to tailor what's on offer to the generally better off clients that tend to stay there. Arcs2000 is easy to get to, even in the evening and a bit less pricey if you intend to buy quite a few rounds!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick, I'm sure you'll have a lovely holiday. There's loads about Les Arcs & 1950 on this thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79067

Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_wick, if you have a look on the other thread that genepi, gave you the link for, you should find almost all your questions answered somewhere.

Arc 1950 is all ski in/ ski out apartments which is great. The bars and places to eat are quite expensive, but as mentioned George's Wine Bar is very good. If you pop into George's and ask for snowcrazy, someone will point me out if you fancy meeting up for a chat and a beer. I am there quite often.

Skiing down to Bourg is possible, BUT it is off piste below the mid station of the Funi and you have to cross a few roads as well. Right now the conditions are ok 'ish but I do not bother anymore as the rocks are starting to come through in places. Higher in the ski area conditions are excellent!! have a good holiday!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dave_wick, just returned from 1st trip to la. We stayed at 1950. Lovely place. V picturesque. Restaurants pretty expensive_18euros rr fajitas or burger. We stayed in lost ntes. Spar not badly priced on local stuff. There is a pancake restaurant in the village which we popped out 2each nte. The village puts on events most ntes-marshmellows round fire pit etc. Quite nice touch. 1950 much nicer that other areas of la, just shame so xpensive. There are 3 or 4 pools with Jacuzzis. Some are outside but unfortunatly they ate luke wa. They could do with heating them but don't think they will. The skiing around resort is great and all well connected. We got from 1950 to the la plagne lift on 35mins through dead nice blue runs. I'm putting some ski Vida together of la so will throw link up on here when done...next few days. You will have great time. Only annoying bit about la is the 3.5hr transfer and that its tad too xpensive (but there are cheaper places to be found on the slopes-most offer paninis for 8euros. We just shared 1 with chips. Have great time AMD look out for my vids
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies guys. Very helpful as always.

Cant wait now. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi - we're looking at Les Arcs for next winter - cant go this year cos work got in the way again. Does anyone have any recomendations for apartments - we're a family of 3 blue/red run skiers. We'll probably drive so whats the parking like ? Its also likely we'll be limited to either going out 29/30th Dec or half term - I dont know which of those is the best option with French hols etc Thanks
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dave_wick, here is the first vid from recent Les Arcs hol. This one is only of the Snow Parks (jumps). Working on the main skiing vid tomorrow (wish could do tonight, but Valentines day takes priority). Enjoy. (ps the other vids will feature footage from the 1950 resort)

http://youtube.com/v/P80REsVqo_A&feature=youtu.be
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dave_wick,

Look for happy hour in Belle Pintes before heading to Georges, where buying wine by the bot. is significantly cheaper than by the glass. but tbh your best bet for 'cheap volume' is cases of stuff from the Spar.

Village food - the pancake (or crepe) place is good, and the takeaway pizzas from Nonna Lisa, despite a rough ride early in the season when "under new management", appear to have improved - certainly were OK when we were there in Mid Jan. The Savoyard is a great place for cheesy stuff, and you certainly can feel full at the end of it: but I agree with the majority here, generally head to 2000 for better bang for your buck.

'On piste' food in the 2000 valley, your best value bet is the Mushroom - at the bottom of Arcabulle.

For skiing recommendations, , well, check the thread as above!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here is part 2 of my Les Arcs trip last week. Shows skiing, night skiing, rodeo park & the views. Enjoy

http://youtube.com/v/T2FI1rVkd2M
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy