Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't break your leg AND don't get a DVT

Poster: A snowHead
I already told you not to break your leg skiing in a previous thread.

The Swiss docs fixed that up and put me on Clexane which thins the blood and reduces the risk of DVT.

"Don't let the English doctors stop the Clexane, we like you to be on it for four weeks"

Needless to say that as soon as I asked for it in the UK the docs said "10 days already....more than the week we would give...no more Clexane for you "

Four weeks later: I just spent the whole day in hospital getting:
Very bored, a lot of hanging about.
Measured.
Two blood tests.
Ultrasound of my leg.
Chest X-Ray
And a finger in places fingers have no place being. Embarassed

DVTs are a pain! Literally and metaphorically.

So now back on the Clexane for a few days and Warfarin for three months.

So heed my advice:

Don't get a DVT.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 20-05-09 10:38; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, Not a good year for you Shocked Hope you're better soon
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp, bug !!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, Sad hope you're better soon
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, got a foot on the mend myself. 5 weeks 2 days and 7 hours since the op..veeeeerrry bored. Get well soon

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 19-05-09 21:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, Why dont UK Docs not believe their EU counterparts, twice I have come back with a member of my family injured both times with a letter for the UK Dr and yet they ignore it's contents, on asking why I was told it's because we dont work like that here!
Also X rays taken (and paid for!) in France are treated as 'foreign film' in the UK and ignored, we'll send you off to X ray for some proper pictures! What the French can't take an X ray??
Anyway you get better sooon! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, so true.
The UK Orthapaedist said "How strange, why have they triple locked it? We only ever double lock" IE the number of screws holding the bone to the pin.
I replied "How often do you see a spiral fracture and pin it?"
"Abbout twice a year"
"The swiss doc told me he averages one a day for four months a year, I guess they know what they arre doing by now"

At least the UK doc then said: "Good point, maybe I'll start triple locking too"
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, Yep they said to my wife much the same things about the pins holding her wrist together rolling eyes
You would think that they would get together and share their experience wouldn't you!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, hope you're up and running about soon. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp,
Rotten luck mate. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Boredsurfing,
Quote:

Also X rays taken (and paid for!) in France are treated as 'foreign film' in the UK and ignored, we'll send you off to X ray for some proper pictures! What the French can't take an X ray??

I agree with UK docs and clexane but they don't always get the xrays right I was with a friend in Chamonix a year ago when he fell and hurt his knee, He was xrayed by the local doc who said it was ligaments. Discovered it was broken bone on returning to UK and needed an operation to fix it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rungsp, hope you get better soon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp, Sympathies I had one last year and it was more boring than anything, no drinking, no excercise, no fun Sad

Make sure your INR stays above your recommended level, mine was too low for a bit, GP didn't seem too bothered and it took a few weeks to get it back to the recommended level. When I went back to the hospital they decided I had to be on warfarin for 5 months instead of 3 so my INR had been above the level for 3 continous months.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rungsp, Hope you're better soon and well fixed for next season.

My advice to everyone, based on both my own and my friends experiences is to get anything fixed in resort/ foreign country if you can - even if it means staying on there beyond your flight home! it will be worth any extra expense.

No disrespect to the minority of competent UK docs and surgeons - however, unless you go private you are less than likley to get near any of them. Mad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp wrote:
And a finger in places fingers have no place being. Embarassed

Obviously just a Missionary Man then . . . and can I stand behind you in the queue for a Lottery ticket? 'Cos you're gonna suck all the bad juju out of the system Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque:

Masque
FreeRider

What glorious irony there.
There is nothing more to be said! Very Happy
snow conditions
rungsp, that's my brain not my fingers . . . Madeye-Smiley