Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New regulations for New Zealand ski resort workers could benefit Brits

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A combination of new visa regulations and working hours directives in New Zealand could benefit British workers ... especially ski instructors ... I think.

This information from New Zealand Visa Bureau isn't that easy to follow.

Quote:
Now, ski instructors must be guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours work at minimum wage, even though traditionally they would only work up to four hours a day, in order to have their New Zealand work permit approved.

Quote:
The New Zealand working holiday visa is a 12-month visa that allows young travellers (aged 18-30 years) from certain countries to work in New Zealand to subsidise their travel. Because the working holiday visa expires after 12 months, holders do not have the opportunity to return for a second season on that visa unless they are a British national (in which case the New Zealand working holiday visa is extendable by a further 11 months).

Maybe someone could work out the logic (see the full text) and apply it to typical examples of skiers wanting to work in NZ resorts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, I think it'll actually means fewer jobs for British instructors, as there will be fewer jobs to go round if the ski schools have to guarantee 30 hours a week. Not all instructors working a ski season in NZ will want 30 hours a week anyway, as they want time to train too.

The working holiday visa you mention doesn't need a job offer for you to get one, so I assume the working time rule applies to sponsored visas. People could still rock up with a working holiday visa and get part time work (or not, as all the work will have been taken by the full timers with sponsored visas!!).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy