Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unsure which resort to choose

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm doing a season in 09/10 and have the option of going to Whistler or Lake Louise. I would love to go to Whistler, but it being the Olympics and all I don't want to be on a piste filled with people! Does anyone know how busy it's going to be? I also have the option to go to Lake Louise, but don't know much about it. I will be doing an instructor internship which will allow me to work the whole season, so got a job sorted, and also got accomodation. Is it true that you have to catch the bus to get to the piste? and what about the amount of people that go there in comparison to Whistler?

Also, another big question. What's the nightlife like there? I don't want to be stuck in a place where I have no where to go out and meet people!

Thanks,
A
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AidanBB, I can't help with your question but welcome snowHead to snowHeads.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AidanBB, Welcome to snowHead

You will need transport of some kind to get to Lake Louise. In terms of crowds it wont be busy by any standards, unlike Whistler.

You first need to know where your accommodation for Lake Louise will be, if its Banff area plenty of oppotunities to get out and meet people Very Happy . If its at Lake Louise village make sure you have plenty of reading matter and like Canadian tv Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think I have the option of living in the Charleston Residence, but have the option of finding my own place, and I am thinking Banff.

Does anyone know how much the average rent is in Banff?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lake Louise is a small (very small) shopping mall and a number of hotels just off Highway 1, about 5/10 mins drive from the ski base. There is a bus service, and hitching is popular. For a quiet ski hol it's great, but for a season there's nowhere near enough activity for anyone except a very antisocial hermit.

Banff is a great place, loads of bars and restaurants, about 5/10 mins to the closest skiing, (Norquay), 15 mins to Sunshine and 30/40 mins to LL. There are fairly frequent buses to and fro Norquay and Sunshine, less frequent to and fro LL.

Wherever you stay, your own transport would be a real asset, but not esential.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, my work is based in LL, but I'm going to be living in Banff. Reckon I could get a poo-poo car for a few hundred $$$?

Also, am I able to get a cheap bus pass that lasts the season?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AidanBB, Don't they run a worker's bus?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not sure. I will find out from the company I am going through
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AidanBB,

Only been to LL. It is beautiful and has some fantastic skiing, but is seriously quiet. Banff would be a good base though. Never been to Whistler
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't know what an instructor internship is- maybe a fancy name for gap year instructor course? Big difference between LL & Banff for proximity to skiing and nightlife. I'd choose Whistler if its the alternative to living in Banff but lining up at LL at 8.30 am every morning.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Working in one of North America's top resorts before, during and after the Olympics is a onceinalifetime experience.

Whistler.

No contest.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AidanBB, the area lift pass includes all the buses, if tere isn't a workers' bus, which there probably is; no-one lives in LL, hardly.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AidanBB, Try asking the same question on the forum at www.Natives.co.uk where you will probably get answers from people who have been in the same position as yourself.
Or www.epicski.com where you will get several answers all contradicting each other Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy