Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We want to rent a 2 bed apartment in Arc 1950

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We are looking to rent a 2 bed apartment in Les Arc 1950 for 13-20th Feb 2010
Can anyone help
thanks

Mark
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
markandjayne, if you have no luck with 1950, I may be able to help in 1600. Drop me a line if this may work for you. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 16-05-09 13:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
markandjayne, there are a couple of 1950 owners on here, but not sure if they rent them out, have you tried booking through Erna Low?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi
our preference would be direct if anyone owns and rents
Erna Low do not look like they have dates up for next feb yet
thanks for your help
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
markandjayne, I would give them a ring, they probably do, but just haven't got them online. Lots of the apartments are leaseback so may not be available from the owners. I assume you have looked on Chalets Direct, Holiday Lettings and Owners Direct?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
Erna Low are currently taking provisional bookings for next year, so give us a call on 0845 863 0525 and we will be happy to assist you with your holiday plans. You can find more information on ski accommodation in Arc 1950 here - http://www.ernalow.co.uk/accommodation-overview.aspx?qs=productid_e_73761
Best regards,
John
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Erna Low, Welcome to snowHeads, as a previous happy customer I quite often point people to your site, so it's good to see you on here Very Happy

This being the most recent
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52154#1235173

and this for property sales Toofy Grin
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47181&highlight=erna+low

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 18-05-09 14:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, cheque in the post? wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, praise where praise is due Very Happy Erna Low are the best ski operator for S/C in my book with Len's Silver Ski in the catered chalet category Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
markandjayne, I booked direct with Radisson via the official Arc 1950 site on 30 June last year (for 12th - 17th January 09), although from memory I don't think Erna Low would have been much/any more expensive than booking direct with Radisson if it hadn't been for the fact that we were booking for part of a week. They may even have been cheaper for a whole week, I can't remember.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
markandjayne,

1950 prices aren't 'officially' announced yet, although I expect them to come out fairly soon - I know they have been prepared. . Can you go a week earlier, or are you constrained by 1/2 term? Easter week (3 - 10th April) is also high season, but about 10% cheaper if that is an option.

Best options as above: either direct or through Erna Low - there are owners who rent themselves, as Helen B says, but they are private deals, and are likely to be already in the pipeline with 'repeat' business. Most of us are on leasebacks through Radisson/Intrawest
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As Jim says not many owners rent direct. However I've seen the odd advert on owners direct.

Presume that you have checked out prices with the big TO (Crystal, Thomson etc). The 2009-10 brochures list 1950 accomodation & I wonder whether their purchasing power translates into lower prices than if booking direct with Radisson?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi
sadly we are stuck with half term!
thanks for the advice but everything so far looks v expensive!
cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
markandjayne, Hi - it's highly unlikely that prices for this very peak week will come down, as demand usually outstrips supply - New Year and half term week really do sell themselves (if I could clone some of the properties...... Very Happy ). If you only want Arc 1950 and can only go in that week, it may be a case of finding something that ticks most boxes and having to go with whatever prices are being asked Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
markandjayne, As has been said I think you will find 1950 sells out in the peak weeks. Others might disagree but I would probably try and avoid 1950 in that week, we have been in 1800 for half term week for the last two years and have had friends staying in 1950. The infrastructure does seem to struggle to cope in peak times particularly in the hire shop, ski lesson and restaurant areas, we went over last year to join are friends for a meal and ended up eating at 11.30pm (table booked for 9.30) the second time we could not even book anywhere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy