Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FAO Anyone who works at Hemel Snow Centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Just bought my girlfried some skis which have bindings already attached and I need to get them setup for her boots. I am plannig on going to Hemel for the first time on sunday and need to know if I could get them setup there. Does anyone know?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
o11y wrote:
Hello

Just bought my girlfried some skis which have bindings already attached and I need to get them setup for her boots. I am plannig on going to Hemel for the first time on sunday and need to know if I could get them setup there. Does anyone know?

They might do that, although I'm not sure what the insurance impications would be of adjusting bindings on customer's own kit. Best ring and ask. If the Snow Centre staff aren't allowed to do that Snow & Rock is based there and they should have a ski technician who can do the job.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Thanks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's the same S&R staff who were at their shop when it was a dry slope they were very helpful indeed when I needed a new brake on my skis, They adjusted the bindings (to a different boot size) at the same time and it wasn't expensive at all.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
o11y, I checked the situation earlier today. The staff at the Snow Centre wouldn't be allowed to do that job for you I'm afraid. Maybe call Snow and Rock in advance to make sure they have someone available to do the job for you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar,
went to hemel today and got it done in s&r. It was supposed to cost £25 to get it done but i bought a sportube and the guy done it for a tenner. which was good. Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
o11y wrote:
....went to hemel today and got it done in s&r. It was supposed to cost £25 to get it done but i bought a sportube and the guy done it for a tenner. which was good. Thanks

The £25 S&R quoted should be for a full binding mount. For safety reasons it's industry standard to do a 'basic' boot adjust for free.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good old slush and rubble, charging extortionate rates for very very easy 30 second jobs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In their defence, they mounted my bindings for free, and i didn't even buy anything from them. They felt sorry for me cos Salomon kept sendng me the wrong bindings (to my home address), so they had my new skis and the wrong bindings sat in their shop for ages whilst i waited for the right ones to be sent.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
o11y wrote:
....went to hemel today and got it done in s&r. It was supposed to cost £25 to get it done but i bought a sportube and the guy done it for a tenner. which was good. Thanks

The £25 S&R quoted should be for a full binding mount. For safety reasons it's industry standard to do a 'basic' boot adjust for free.

o11y I'm glad that you were able to get the bindings on your girlfriend's skis set up for a tenner. Spyderjon is absolutely correct, but if you are not sure of what's what, it is better to get someone else 'qualified' to do the necessary.

This sort of thing and the basic taking care of your skis (waxing, edging) can be easily learned. If you have a couple of hours spare and are in the Nottingham area, I'd whole heartedly recommend a lesson with Spyderjon. It costs £20 or so and he'll tell you all that you need to know in order to take care of your skis and in the end, save yourself a few quid for things like this wink wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sleipnir, Understand what you are saying, but i was over a barrell really. only got our skis on frifay and we both wanted to try them out straightaway.

I live quite far from nottingham but may make a day out of it and go and see spyderjon,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy