Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Opening Dates for Winter 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have I boobed?

Booked flights to Geneva for 12/12/09 intending to go to Meribel, will it be open?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Armitageblue, It was open from the 6th December last year, so the answer is probably.

It's open from the 5th Next season, see here:-

http://www.les3vallees.com/en/ski-area/live/news-les-3-vallees/see-you-next-winter%E2%80%A6.116.sa9.a4049/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 13-05-09 15:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, started to panic as the TOs are only accepting bookings from 19/12/09.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Armitageblue, It's early in the season, so snow conditions could be a bit iffy, on the other hand you might get an almighty dump and have perfect conditions. It's normal for the TOs to wait until the the Xmas week for bookings.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Armitageblue

Don't panic - but DON'T book any accommodation until a lot nearer the time, then you can take your pick depending on snow cover. I'm pencilled in for a long weekend the same weekend so that I can ski on my birthday. With any luck, places like Courchevel, Meribel etc will have a fair bit of skiing open but if not, there are quite a few higher level resorts that will definitely have decent skiing at that time.

Tignes glacier usually has decent snow from October-ish and they usually open the run down to the village in November for 4000ft vertical. Snow conditions permitting, Espace Killy usually plans to open on the last weekend in November. Hotel Diva at Val Claret has good early season deals. Hotel Vanoise is cheap and ok too.

Val Thorens usually has decent skiing from November and Chamonix (Grands Montets) is usually open too.

Going into Switzerland, Saas Fee and Zermatt have glacier skiing and are high enough for reliable early season snow. Loads of B&B accommodation at either resort - you can just turn up and find somewhere easily at that time of year. The Gletscherblick Pension in Zermatt is a very nice upmarket B&B, highly recommended if you want somewhere in advance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy