Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Offensive" and "distasteful" Skiwear4less advert banned by standards authority

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, My point exactly - but had the rights been handed over to a helmet manufacturer or retailer, it is quite feasible for Natashas accident to be used to market a helmet
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guvnor wrote:
Seem to recall K2 running an obituary for Doug Coombs, and suspect that McConkey will have had his sponsors running similar obituary 'campaigns'.....am struggling to see the difference, other than the image rights were owned by the companies concerned....

I'd have thought that the difference between an obituary and an advertisement is pretty obvious.

There's also a marked difference between a company expressing grief and loss at the death of a colleague and friend ... and a company exploiting the name and image of a dead person with whom it had no relationship.

This is from the exact wording of the ASA adjudication:

Quote:
We noted Ski & Outdoor's e-mail initially appeared to be a news report, including a quote from Ms Richardsons husband's publicist, rather than an offer of ski helmets at reduced prices. We also noted it was sent on the same day that the actress died. We considered that reporting the actress death in such a manner, and in such detail, in order to sell ski helmets was likely to be seen as insensitive by recipients and was likely to cause serious offence to some.

I don't think "image rights" were uppermost in their concerns. They were concerned with the likelihood of serious offence to members of the public, and presumably Natasha Richardson's family.

Guvnor, I don't understand the purpose of your anonymity. Are you expressing views that you wouldn't want to attach your name to, or is there some other reason?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And so, the great wheel of a Goldsmith-initiated thread turns again... rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unreserved Apology - Natasha Richardson

In March 2009 we sent out an email to our customers regarding the death of Natasha Richardson, if this email from skiwear4less.com caused offence we apologise.

Our purpose for sending out the newsletter was to tell people of this tragic accident.

We also wished to encourage people to wear helmets on the slopes, so that such accidents may not happen in the future.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I don't understand the purpose of your anonymity.

Because only a complete tit plasters his/her real name all over the internet for any old spammer to see, tosswit. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, Nothing sinister in my choice of pseudonym at all. My views are available to anyone, and not restricted to the anonymity of an internet forum
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:

Because only a complete booby plasters his/her real name all over the internet for any old spammer to see, tosswit.

Sure. People in the hills actually believe that sort of thing. You also see weird shrines and encounter strange folklore.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skiwear4less, welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiwear4less wrote:

In March 2009 we sent out an email to our customers regarding the death of Natasha Richardson, if this email from skiwear4less.com caused offence we apologise.

Our purpose for sending out the newsletter was to tell people of this tragic accident.

We also wished to encourage people to wear helmets on the slopes, so that such accidents may not happen in the future.

I, for one, forgive you. And welcome to snowHeads
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

I don't understand the purpose of your anonymity.

Because only a complete booby plasters his/her real name all over the internet for any old spammer to see, tosswit. rolling eyes

So you are describing quite a few Snowheads (including myself) as "complete boobies".

Thanks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, sorry to hear that, in the light of your 'signature', you consider yourself to be a complete booby. wink

skiwear4less, thanks, and welcome to snowHeads.

David Goldsmith, your obsession with internet anonymity is incredibly tiresome.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skiwear4less, don't see anything to forgive in the first place. And welcome to snowheads.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Goldsmith, More than happy to discuss my views in person - next time you are in central Warwickshire, let me know and we'll have a chin wag.....anyone else who is interested in the slightest, feel free to join us
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you can revise the boundaries of Warwickshire to include Hemel Hempstead I'll see you on 6 June!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, I'm washing my hair on June 6th, sorry
snow report
David Goldsmith, that narrows it down... he's male (almost probably), likes knockers, has hair, smokes, enjoys wintersports and lives in "central" Warwickshire. I've psycholigically profiled all of his posts and reckon you'll find him outside the Dog & Duck this friday night.
snow report
I wonder if he washes his hair with his helmet on. Apparently you can fill it with water and shampoo and jump up and down.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Not a helmet wearer, other than that, Bode Swiller is pretty much on the money. Apart from the pub - it'll be 'the famous Virgins and Castle' in Kenilworth. We don't have a Dog and Duck, although there is a 'Dirty Duck' in Stratford on Avon.
snow report
Guvnor wrote:
David Goldsmith, Not a helmet wearer ...

Fair point. What about when you dry it?

snow report
David Goldsmith, Not a lot to dry - I just wash and go
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, the funny thing is you had to know what that was called to search the internet for it...have you got your own special one at home or is it just for a treat when you go to the hairdressers (ladies one of course). wink
latest report
skiwear4less wrote:

are you sure there wasn't just an ounce of money making going on...or did all the proceeds from helmet sales go to charity?

Welcome to SH.
snow report
Roll on 2009/2010, that's quite correct. I'm also searching the internet for next season's deodorants.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing a funny joke, it's been a while wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy