Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Snowdome

Poster: A snowHead
No work today so thought I would try out the dome for the first time. Beautifull day so took the motorbike rather than the car.

Overall looks very good, was very quiet monday late morning lunchtime, made the snow a bit boreing with no-one to dodge on perfectly smooth piste. Lost count of how many runs though! Two hours off peak as a member £18 great!

plusses: staff friendly and helpful, equipment excellent (well it is new), lockers free (nice), hot chocolate good.

negatives: could not see any dedicated bike parking other than for cycles and most of the car park is on a slope (aprilias don't do slopes Sad ) lucky it was quiet so could use one of the few level car spaces, no clock in dome (could be seen a plus I suppose), steak sandwich very chewy!.

non dome negative: stopped for petrol on way back, alarm immobiliser key fob died had to get a taxi home and back to get the spare one! life's a bitch sometimes!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-05-09 20:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Title should have been Hemel Snowdome!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anarchicsaltire, you can change it if you edit your first post
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks I was looking to see how it was done!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anarchicsaltire, It looks as though the food is going to be the bone of contention then. Toofy Grin

PS: I'm not at all jealous that you were free to spend 2 hours on a nearly empty slope at member rates in off peak time! Going green
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Lost count of how many runs though! Two hours off peak as a member £18 great!

Quote:
alarm immobiliser key fob died had to get a taxi home and back to get the spare one! life's a bitch sometimes!

Very Happy Karma wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier wrote:
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Lost count of how many runs though! Two hours off peak as a member £18 great!

Quote:
alarm immobiliser key fob died had to get a taxi home and back to get the spare one! life's a bitch sometimes!

Very Happy Karma wink

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anarchicsaltire, There is a clock on the wall between the entry/exit sliding doors.
I'm yet to try the food, but the coffee is great, as is the Guinness.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup!

-It was still cheaper than the full rate though! Could have been worse could have failed at the dome!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
anarchicsaltire, sounds like you had a great day other than the immobiliser key fob incident.

I had an aprilia before my fireblade and I remember the dodgy sidestand, no parking on slopes thing. I found it quite traumatic as my driveway slopes slightly down towards my garage and almost had an 'incident' several times.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, Didn't spot the clock when I was there although I looked for one.

I'm going to have to try the Guinness, this is about the third or fourth time I've seen you mention it!! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Iski, We asked for a clock. It's not where I would have put it and it's not the biggest of clocks either, so easy to miss, but as I said, the Guinness is good. wink Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I must have been snowblind then, spent two hours and never saw the clock!

Its an Aprilia Falco and even the camber of the road is a problem for the stand let alone a hill! Have found it on its side twice on near level ground once in a mild breeze and once where I suspect some nice driver had nudged it parking.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if the Guinness is any good?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Does anyone know if the Guinness is any good?

Terrible mate. Laughing
snow report
You wouldn' wan everyone to drink it, they might run out when you need it! Laughing
snow report
my 't' dosn't want to work all the time, well except for this message
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, mine was a Falco too!
snow conditions
Hope this isn't classed as a bump. It's more of an update:

http://youtube.com/v/ns0DUQ2VFgg

Recorded by anarchicsaltire.

12:15 on a Saturday. Very quiet, great snow. Only a tiny patch of ice on the left hand side (apparentely).
ski holidays
Mounta1nGoat, Welcome to Snowheads Smile
ski holidays
Iski, Thanks.
snow conditions
There are already several threads on this in "snowEvents" area - including the big cut-price snowheads Do there on 6th June, and on a possible once a month fixture after that (Snowheads Hemel Ski Club).
latest report
snowball, but it's not a 'snowevent'! It started as a post about my visit to Hemel Snowdome 'piste' for the first time. The postings about Hemel in the 'snowEvents' section are about arranged meetings/events.

nb I found the clock, it is a bit strangely placed.
latest report
anarchicsaltire, Don't think that clock will be a permanent fixture. I think that there is due to be an all singing all dancing digital number that tells you the temp as well.
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, There's a trip report thread, in the "Resort Review" section of the foru, here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51998
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, accepted - though others have put their visits under that thread. I thought I'd bring the trip to the attention of anyone who does not look in the events section at this time of year.
ski holidays
Mounta1nGoat, nice vid - you really get a sense of how wide the piste is (rather than having ruddy big posts down the middle like Milton Keynes).

Is it always that quiet??
latest report
snowball, No problem, it's sometimes difficult to categorise threads.

beanie1, I considered putting it there but decided it was just as much about my day as a report.

abj, When I was there Monday it was quieter!, I expected the slope to be busier Sat when I went with my son Mounta1nGoat. I did go down with the phone camera when it seemed particularly quiet though! The bar area was busy, must be the stories of the Guinness!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been back with Mounta1nGoat, was a bit busier! Guinness not too bad!

http://youtube.com/v/-znRmLIaKHA

http://youtube.com/v/CdwjExl8Nfo

http://youtube.com/v/7KUl6_ZNXKM
snow report
anarchicsaltire, When were you there? We were there today from 8.30 till about 1.
snow report
Kitty, We were there later, long stint 3:30 till 7:30.
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, Ah, by that time I was sitting in the garden drinking copious amounts of beer, watching Spydie BBQ my dinner. It was surprisingly busy this morning at the slope, given that it is bank holiday weekend and half term. From your vid it looks like it quietened down later on.
ski holidays
Kitty, It varied from about 40, including a wedding party all going down in a line, to 1 while we were in the bar having a break.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy