Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British snowboard instructor killed in avalanche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Keith McIntosh, a scottish snowboard instructor in France, was tragically swept to his death by an off-piste avalanche on Tuesday. He had just set off down the Austrian Kaunertaler glacier when he triggered a massive snowfall, which buried him under 2m of snow and rocks....His three waiting British friends said Keith had barely gone 60m when the snow-face fell away and engulfed him. He was still alive when rescuers found him, but died a short time later.

Keith was part of an international group of over 70 staying at the resort to test the latest snowboarding gear.

Source: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/05/07/snowboard-ace-is-killed-in-avalanche-86908-21338584/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very sad, shows how even the experienced can get caught out.
My thoughts are with with his family and friends and this sad time.
RIP Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Sad

He taught me on the McNab course earlier this season...super nice guy and a great coach. I'll always remember doing my bindings one day sitting on my back bottom and he pulled a nice olly over the end of my board...

My condolences to Mel, Neil & the rest of the family...

The next time I ride I'll cut a line just for Keith. Some words from Neil here - http://www.mcnabsnowsports.com/news/page/195

BB
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, ... thanks for the link ... a fine requiem indeed ....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My sincere condolences to Keith's family and to Neil, a real tragedy.

Mike
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy