Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delaminating Tips - Salomon Lords

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just posting this to see if anyone else has had the same problem?

I bought the Salomon Lords in December last year and have just finished skiing a season on them. Absolutly love the ski and it is perfect for what I have been doing - sadly however the tips are delaminating and Salomon have refused to warranty them. How common is this problem?

I reported the problem after about 3 weeks of skiing on them and having done nothing particularly wild. The Salomon dealers in France that I approached were worse than useless and so I approached the UK dealer who I purchased them from. They have been brilliant but Salomon have err - ed and ahh ed about whether to warranty them on pictures alone or whether they needed the actual equipment. I first reported the damage on the 15th January and by the 31st March Salomon requested the skis back!! All along I have been skiing on them every day as a part of my job and the delam has been getting worse. A number of emails were also sent to advise them that the delam was progressing. They have now refused to warranty them claiming the amount of damage that is there is by no means natural delamination!!

Has this happened to any one else as I was a loyal Salomon customer who is now rather disillusioned with it all!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've know some guys who have had issues with de-lamination on 2Vs and 3Vs and they have been replaced OK, although this was done in France and the ski's were returned to the factory (IIRC).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also - I have found that the top sheet is marked very easily - maybe more apparent because of the black colour. This is one of Salomon's main arguments in refusing warrenty - apparently the scuffing on the top sheets make them think that I dragged them along the floor and therefore caused the damage myself!! Anyone else got scuffed skis after a seasons worth of skiing!!??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
twisty, did you try searching?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1209024
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my punishers have had 3 weeks on them since I got them in december and they look well knackered.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry, i'm new to this, thanks!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
By delaminating, do u mean seeing the white of the ski through chipping of the topsheet, or actual peeling back of the topsheet material? I rode my Lords pretty hard for half a season and the insides of the tips are pretty worn through but that's about it. The scuffing is always that bad on Matt finish skis but I admit it is annoying. Still, does everyone agree they were awesome skis for the snow this season? I was loving them, and was surprised as I've never been a huge Salomon fan before.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
twisty, there are at least 2 threads this year same ski same problem. You probably should have stopped skiing them when they started to go.
Did you really like them Puzzled
I demoed a pair and thought they were easy to use but lifeless and uninspiring on piste. I much prefer something stiffer.

If you use the search function and look for: salomon and lord and delaminating, you should find the other posts
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a pair of Lord's in at the moment having their delamed tails bonded & clamped. Build quality is pretty shoite. I also fixed a pair a couple of weeks. Looks like it's an inherent fault like on Rossi B2's & many K2's. Wouldn't suprise me if they do the usual quick fix of putting a couple of rivets through or maybe add protectors for next season like on the X Wings. The Lord owners who've I've met all love the ski so it's a shame the quality is poor.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ifu02325,
Quote:

Still, does everyone agree they were awesome skis for the snow this season?

No Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Still, does everyone agree they were awesome skis for the snow this season?

I presume you're being ironic??????
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, You refer to rivets as a quick fix. Is there any draw-back in manufacturers using them?
I've got a pair of K2 PE's which are rivetted at tip and tail and i often think that all ski's should have them when i read about people having problems with De-Lams.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fastandicy, if they were built right in the first place they shouldn't need them. Rivetted tip protectors would be the best solution but that adds cost to the ski so they're often not installed until a problem arises. The major manufacturers are rushing out new models every season & it's obvious that there's been a lack of durability testing etc as each year a number of models have problems & then next season they appear with rivets - the old B2's were like this & more recently Sallie & K2.

Sometimes the original model is great but then they go & screw with it (they call it an improved version but they're actually taking cost out of the ski after it's established itself in the marketplace) & the next seasons model causes problems - again I'm thinking Sallies & K2 but the same happened with the Mission. On the Burnin Luv K2 didn't even put two equally spaced rivets but instead used just one off-set one, presumably in the problem area, but which looked shoite. On the X-Wing's there's now two damned great bolt heads sticking out under the tip of the ski!

If the smaller independent manufacturers produced crap like this they'd get slated in the ski press but somehow the big 'ad spending' manufacturers never get any stick, funny that.

And don't even get me started on that abortion of a binding rail/ski interface that K2 introduced on their 2nd generation Apache & Luv range skis on which they'd obviously taken a load of cost out of the ski but still put the price up. Everytime a customer of mine brings a pair in I tell them to take them to a K2 dealer & get a FOC replacement for the new model on which the fault has been corrected. K2 will do this (if if the ski is out of warranty) but they don't advertise the fact meaning that there's hundreds if not thousands of owners that have bought a shoite product for top money!

I had another pair of Lords in today that had done 5 weeks but looked like they'd done a couple of seasons. The tips & tails of both skis had delamed about 5mm. The owner got 'em cheap on the BASI deal so wasn't fussed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had same problem. Front started to delaminate after 2 days in Canada in February, skied 4 weeks on them before I returned and took them back to Nevissport sent them to Salomon. They sent them back and said it was my fault!

Since then discovered that rear is also delam. Wrote to Md of AMersport twice - allegedly the people who own Salomon brand. Absolutely no response - totally disgusted!

What can one do?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
See post above above - sent them back to Salomon once already in March - they said impact damage!! I know there was none - I had only used them 2 days when this started.

They are now back at Salomon for a 2nd time.

Nevisport, were not very helpful. I had to appeal directly to head honcho at Salomon

It is really annoying as one of the skis has delam in 2 places on the tip and one on the rear - the other one is perfect.

Nevisport attitude is that I am not even covered under the sale of goods act.

They have been back 4 weeks now and this has been going on since March 09, now mid October 09.

Hell - I am going skiing in a few weeks - sort of wondering if I will get them back in time for that!!! As you can see not very hopeful of a satifactory outcome!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy