Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WANTED .. 2 new prs Head Monster iM88 2009 'Red' Skis

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for two new pairs of .... HEAD Monster iM88 2009 'Red' Skis in 186cm length ...

Max price, circa £360

If you come across any in your travels .. see any in stores, or on internet store ... I would greatly appreciate a link ... Very Happy

Preferably UK or Europe - there are quite a few good deals in the USA, but $80 shipping and VAT tend to render final cost a bit pricey.

Skis to be used initially for looking at and polishing lovingly during Summer, circumnavigation voyage of Ireland ... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ellis Brigham had a pair in Glasgow shop. (edited out)

Edit to clarify, probably the most poorly worded message ever. If they won't deliver I will pick them up and ship them to you at cost. I'd give em a ring.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 4-05-09 17:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BernardC, why 2 ..??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT, .... to be sure ... to be sure .... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BernardC, mashed the 82's then.. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BernardC,
oooo... I have a pair of them.... im88's 186's orange they are not red and 89mm wide not 88 Puzzled

sorry they are not for sale Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
II, My iM82s are 83 mm wide. The name comes from the width of the shorter length versions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT wrote:
BernardC, mashed the 82's then.. Laughing

... No! ... those Green skis are pampered children .... Laughing

Has anyone still got names/links to the European internet sellers ... ? Ski Bilek seems to have vanished ... what are the other ones .. ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BernardC, Sport Conrad, Telemark Pyrenees. I repeat that Ellis Brigham has them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv, ... Thanks ... Conrad was the one I was trying to remember ... Telemark Pyrenees I use quite a lot, but they don't have any.

Thanks also re Ellis Brigham, did follow your suggestion, but they also are saying they don't have any .. !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BernardC, they have a pair in the Glasgow store, might be worth ringing them directly? Unless they have sold in the last couple of days which is very possible Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv, ... yes I did call Glasgow directly ...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah no worries. Here, have your thread back!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC, I'm still waiting with interest to find out why you need two pairs. Is it just to cope with redundancy whilst one set is prepped?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BernardC, head.com still have some full price http://shop.uk.head.com/product/part_number=311248/1259.0.35429.35460.36562.0.0
snow conditions
I do find it strange that there is such a dearth of skis left in the shops... I think some have been recalled or kept back for next year..so we will have to see what crops up and with what top-sheet...
Something tells me there might be quite a few models with 09 graphics but 2010 prices Laughing wink
latest report
Might be worth a call....? (Don't rely on the web site - they have far more in stock than they let on) wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52061&highlight=
ski holidays
JT, most shops were pretty restrained on their buying for this past season, the poor [compared to this season] snow at the start of last season meant ski sales were not as good as expected, the last thing you do when you have loads of skis left is buy loads more skis...then it snowed ...like really snowed and despite the credit cruch people bought all the skis
latest report
II, FULL price .... ! FULL price ... ! ... where's the fun in that .... garlic bulbs and crucifix waving ... Laughing (Thanks though - I did find it on a google search.)

Schuss in Boots, ... avec regret ... Crying or Very sad ... none there either, though I must say they are a very helpful bunch at Filarinskis.

CEM, .. a few stores have said that although they ordered iM88's from Head, they didn't receive their full quota, so I think they may have pulled back from full production, thus causing me considerable inconvenience .... Laughing

.... still Rome wasn't built in a day ... and the Holy Grail may never be found, but I continue my lonely search o'er hill & dale for the elusive iM88 .....

There will be a REWARD (unspecified as yet ) for the snowHead who provides information leading to a successful purchase .... Laughing
latest report
BernardC, Although they aren't showing on their web-site Skee Tex in Battlesbridge stocks Head skis and as an 'independant' may have their own source - it might be worth a call http://www.skee-tex.co.uk/head/head_skis.htm http://www.skee-tex.co.uk/head/index.htm
ski holidays
Also showing here at £360 http://www.snowboard-asylum.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/700653%7C%7C%7C3048%7Cuser%7C%7C2176%7C

And it would appear available for purchase
snow conditions
^ Weird, that is just EB Puzzled
ski holidays
Not in 186's though Crying or Very sad
latest report
Megamum, ... thanks ... though the £360 ones are an older model. I need the '2009 RED' ones, as they have the alumnimum thingy at the tips & tails, which engineered out that nasty delamination problem.
latest report
BernardC, Though I bow to your far superior knowledge I must admit that as far as the aluminium thingys on tips and tails went I assumed such things could be retro fitted if the skis didn't come with them. Maybe that is not the case.
ski holidays
Quote:
BernardC, Though I bow to your far superior knowledge I must admit that as far as the aluminium thingys on tips and tails went I assumed such things could be retro fitted if the skis didn't come with them. Maybe that is not the case.

No, the aluminium tips and tails are sandwiched into the construction of the ski. The tail and tips have a cut out in the top sheet and the ali end caps are sandwiched between the top and bottom layers of the ski. Very nice they are too Very Happy they do get a bit chewed up with use but it shows to me they are doing the job they were put there for.
snow conditions
BernardC, have you tried tracking down the UK (or French, Swiss etc) importer and see if they can find you a pair....

Or find a snowhead going to the US and get them posted to their hotel.....

cheers,

greg
snow report
I have a cunning plan which cannot possibly fail .... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC wrote:
Megamum, ... thanks ... though the £360 ones are an older model. I need the '2009 RED' ones, as they have the alumnimum thingy at the tips & tails, which engineered out that nasty delamination problem.

I wouldn't get too hung up about that providing you can get the older model a lot cheaper. My 2007 iM82s haven't delaminated and they've taken a fair old beating.
snow report
uktrailmonster, ... I have fairly heavy ski usage - circa 100 days per season, which tends to test skis to their limit. My 'Light Green' iM82's (whatever year they were) delaminated badly and although replaced by Head, it was time consuming and I want to avoid this.

They have got to be the ... HEAD Monster iM88 2009 'Red' Skis in 186cm length.

I have already managed to get a pair in 175cm for a ski buddy ... it seems the two pairs of 186's are just that bit harder to find ... Toofy Grin

I am working through all the googles ... .fr, .ch, .at, .de ... etc ... but if anybody comes across any ... there is a REWARD ... Very Happy
ski holidays
http://www.tallingtonlakesproshop.com/shop/ProductLineView.aspx?ProductLineID=30104 may have them
snow report
Please HELP .....

Just seen the 2010 replacements for my beautiful red skis ...

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2010/head/peak-88.html

.... they are GREY and GROSS ..... I don't do Grey ..... I want RED ones ..... boo .. hoo .. hoo .... Crying or Very sad

Just can't seem to find them in 186's .. ! .... 170's are going for £300 including bindings!

Looks like I might have to sing, or sell my body for them ... Toofy Grin

Do please let me know if you come across any 186's ......
latest report
BernardC, get a flight to the US Smile
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
BernardC, get a flight to the US Smile

and don't come back until Wales win their next Grand Slam!
snow report
rob@rar, .... to paraphrase some famous words ... " I'm going then ... and I may be some time ... " .... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
BernardC, Laughing
ski holidays
BernardC, Is that the same ski with a different topsheet...?

It isn't the worst graphic I've seen....they'll be a foot under anyway... Laughing
ski holidays
BernardC wrote:
Please HELP .....

Just seen the 2010 replacements for my beautiful red skis ...

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2010/head/peak-88.html

.... they are GREY and GROSS ..... I don't do Grey ..... I want RED ones ..... boo .. hoo .. hoo .... Crying or Very sad

Just can't seem to find them in 186's .. ! .... 170's are going for £300 including bindings!

Looks like I might have to sing, or sell my body for them ... Toofy Grin

Do please let me know if you come across any 186's ......

Did you look at the link I posted.still showingavailability albeit at not much of a discount. ring them and see if you can do a deal
snow report
BernardC wrote:
I don't do Grey ..... I want RED ones .....

http://www.barmey.co.uk/ssl/aspcart/productview.asp?product_id=102976&source=froogle ?
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, Hillarious!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy