Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 1st to 8th Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Well just got back from a fantastic week in Les Arcs.
Snow conditions: Had been snowing the previous week and we arrived to slopes in perfect condition. No new snow until the last day - but that wasn't a problem at all. Weather was sunny so the days were perfect. Last day was snowy - had lots of fun in the powder and it should be good news for anyone over there this week.
Ski area - fantastic - variety to please everyone. On my 4th holiday and particularly liked the fact there were many wide reds, giving steepness without too many bumps. Favourite run - Grand Col. Achievement of the week - doing the Aiguille Rouge run all the way (Black section at the top with the instructor to help!)
Resort - only downside was the resort lacked some atmosphere - only 6 places to get a drink and not much apres ski going on. Wrong side of the mountain to be able to link with Arc 1800 which seemed livelier.
Chalet/Ski company - went with Total - looked after very well, and couldn't fault them - food was great and they did 2 days of guiding to get to know the ski area.
If anyone is heading out there and have any specific questions then ask away and I'll try to answer...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Odd request. If anyone is going to Les Arcs 2000 in the near future, please pop into the Equillibres Ski shop, take a photo of the sexy French man that works there and post him on this site. Please? I'm bored, need something nice to look at Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
Nice one!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm afraid I'm not going, but speak on behalf of approx 50% of the population i.e. male, to point out that the identification of "the sexy French man" would be a little difficult for many of us. I personally would have difficulty linking the phrases "sexy" and "French Man" for the purposes of taking a photo.
Now a change of gender would make it much easier. Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Didn't go into that ski shop - damn!
But there was a lovely french waiter in Red Rock. In the interests of Franco-English relations we had to naturally talk to him and arrange to meet him when his shift finished!!!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There you go powderbabe!

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No Cedric she was in this shop

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well no, he wasn't quite as sexy as those two but thanks for the photos anyway! But still, if any FEMALES go this year I'd like a memento please. Trust me, he's worth a look rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Slowplough, I didn't know that you were acquainted with my ex-wife. The years have not been too kind to her. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
She sends her regards Peter, but don't start regretting the divorce, this photo flatters her (airbrushed)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok, so I thought I'd actually talk about Les Arcs and not just men. I was there from Jan 10th-24th, the 1st couple of days we had rain/hailstones, then the most snow I have ever seen for the rest of the week, woken up every morning by controlled avalanches. The skiing in the 1st week was different, no visability at all and warnings not to go even the slightest bit off-piste. And it was quite limited too, about 3 of the days we skied without passes because there were only a couple of lifts open. The rest of the week we were either confined to the 2000 area because all the links over were closed or you had to get a bus down to 1600 to ski that side. And then on the way home we got stuck in our very wet ski gear on the bus in the dark waiting while they set off some more avalanches further up the road. But the 2nd week was great, loads of sunshine, still plenty of snow fall at night so good conditions. The tree lined Reds over at Peisey-Vallandry were perfect and we did try to do the 7k run down from Aiguille Rouge but the Black at the top was never open so we had to start from the Red and make do with that. I'd like to go back and be able to go over to La Plagne as well as we didn't get round to it. Nightlife was a bit odd, but we made the best of the situation. rolling eyes Mr. Green
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Doesn't sound like the first week was much fun, had a couple of days in Chamonix where you couldn't see your ski tips but second week sounded much better.

Nightlife was a bit odd,
How do you mean?
sounds like you spent the evenings shopping!

Not been to Les Arcs.
Were you in a group?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only 6 places to drink: Whistler, Crazy Fox, Red Rock, Piano Bar, Latinos and KL and not much of an apres ski vibe at 4/5-ish so was one of the tamest places I've ever stayed in
But we were in a chalet with some great people and you make your own fun!

And as far as the skiing goes - the runs/area mountain were fab so I would go back. Would maybe try to stay in Arc 1800 though...

Powderbabe - where did you stay? We were in a Total chalet in Chalet des Neiges. Great pool and steam room - but we didn't check out the sauna, because we heard it was European! - far too modest/English to go naked... Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We also stayed in Chalet des Neiges and I thought the changing room arrangement at the pool was quite amusing. 2 doors to enter, male and female and then when you got in there just a dividing wall down the middle but no wall at the end. To get from the pool and the mens changing room to the steam room you just walked past the womens! There I was in my lacy pink g-string and nothing else when I turned round at the same time as a 15 year old (I'm guessing) boy walked past into the steam room. He looked more embarrassed than I was, I just thought it was strange. They might as well of had a unisex changing room because the girls also had to walk past the boys to get to the pool. Funny!! Confused We were in a group of 10 and we had the chalets that you could ski straight into from the button lift, very convenient. I didn't actually go into the ski shop I just knew that the tasty man worked there because he told me when I spoke to him in Red Rock. So no, I didn't spend my evenings shopping! And the man was just eye candy nothing else. The first week wasn't much fun, you had to be pretty hardcore and get yourself out there, the pistes were practically empty most of the time and the lift operators were laughing at us stupid English people for going out. And no you couldn't see your ski tips, it was... different to say the least. I even saw people that had made shorts out of carrier bags to wear over their ski gear, in an attempt to stay dry, because after only 2 rides on a chair lift you'd be wet through to your thermals. I think if I'd only been there for a week and not 2 I'd be gutted. But then the sun shone and we had fun!

Crying or Very sad While we were there there was a helicopter crash in Chamonix, but I don't think it made the news in the UK.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Powderbabe, I'll be in Les Arcs at Easter. I'll get you a photo of your sexy french man, if you'd be so kind as to provide one of your good self in your lacy pink g-string! I'm sure your 'powderbabe' status will be immeasurably advanced! Wink
snow report
Well you'd have to post the sexy French man first! I'm not silly you know Wink
ski holidays
It was well worth a try though eh Matthew
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy