Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to Hemel yesterday morning for recreational boarding but it was dedicated to racing until 2pm. It was packed there to the point that even getting a coffee liked like an unpleasant task. Hopped back in the car and was at Xscape in 21 minutes. Xscape was empty and they gave me 20% discount with my SCUK card, as Hemel say they will do. Until noon, there were less than 40 people on the main slope at any one time.

I'll go back to Hemel simply because its 45 minutes, not 65 minutes, but will ring up first, next time, to check its not a race day. If you are coming from the North, MK looks to be much quieter and I'd pay extra for the quieter venue. It felt like we had MK to ourselves yesterday morning.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unfortunately, what makes the perfect indoor slope to the user (empty) will never me the same as what makes the perfect indoor slope to the owner (busy)! An empty slope does not make a successful business...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 5-10-09 13:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Success brings its own curses bar shaker.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bar shaker wrote:
I'll go back to Hemel simply because its 45 minutes, not 65 minutes, but will ring up first, next time, to check its not a race day.

Calling in advance is a good plan, and not just for Hemel. I think they have a similar number of races and events at MK and at the other indoor slopes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bar shaker, which way did you go to get from hemel to xscape in 21 minutes? Or did you just go the usual way but very quickly? Shocked wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges wrote:
bar shaker, which way did you go to get from hemel to xscape in 21 minutes? Or did you just go the usual way but very quickly? Shocked wink

Well spotted! I travel to Hemel and back from Milton Keynes when I visit the Snow Centre and have never made it in less than 30 mins Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was in HEMEL for the weekend and decided to go and give a review.

I have been in most of the domes in the Uk over the past few years and have a good ground to compare them to each other.

Two things that stood out for me where the staff, very friendly and helpfull and could not do enought for all of us. 2nd thing was the level, consistancy and standard of lessons and instructors! In comparison to other slopes was in my humble opinion very high across all the instructors we seen over the two days. There was a chance to meet up with rob@rar, Obviously there is an exception that proves the rule wink Both of the him and Scott wher egreat and enjoyed watching them work.

Slope was great snow on the Sat got chopped up really badly and very early, I guess the Race squad where in there early on Sat! But It was great for me gave us tons on bumps and a rut line to play on for the day and it was fantastic. Lots of fun to be had and throught the day it whet from busy to not so busy to a little quiter and back to busy but always comfotable.

Sun it was a little quiter and the snow held up really well for the day, a Race squad from Southamptan turned up about 16:00 and part of the slope was taken over but again still plenty of space to play around and do what I needed.

Overall a great facility with plenty of good assets available for people.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy