Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British ski coach reports mysterious disappearance of Nepali racer from Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Wayne, What is your connection to Nepal, are you a ski instructor in Italy. How come you are attacking this guy when something so sad has happened?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Looked at you face booked appeal - very telling ?

Did you actually read who wrote the material?

Why can't you just stop throwing rocks at people Wayne. Get a Life.

Here is the group link - it's probably the first place for the news about Uttam if readers are interested.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107145571912
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard Morley, Call me old fashioned but that facebook doesn't look anything like a proper attempt to find the guy... it's more of a political rant outlining your side of the circumstances leading to him doing the off. A page that's devoted to finding him safe and well would give details of everything that is known about the disappearance... times, places, sightings, descriptions (what was he wearing etc?), more about the Jehovas Witnesses (although I'm suspicious of the way they have been used), pictures (what does he look like?), what made you think he might have killed himself, people he knows, places he's likely to go to etc etc etc, what you know about Berlin and timings, contact details at the police, you, friends. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but if you are indeed actually trying to find the guy you aren't organised, wasting time instead on getting your stories across. That can wait can't it?

I think this is the weirdest thread ever on snowHeads.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jasonc wrote:
Wayne, What is your connection to Nepal, are you a ski instructor in Italy. How come you are attacking this guy when something so sad has happened?

I work in Italy for some of the ski season.

I work in Nepal, Peru, Tanzania, (but mainly in Manchester) etc, etc at other times of the year. We have an agency in Kathmandu (Nepalese capital) and I have been working there quite often since the late 80's. I have worked quite a bit in the area closest related this "stuff" and whatever you may read here, keep in mind that there are other sides to this story. In fact I have just got some summer work in France which is probably the weirdest place I will have worked (can you drink the water in France?). But from this I hope you understand that all the references to various bit of Nepal that Richard makes, hoping that through ignorance of the area people will just accept his views, I “know” are cr*p. Telemark around Namche, is just an example of a another crazy idea that would be laughable if it wasn’t tied into the disappearance of a boy/young man.

I wasn't going to re-join the thread as am bored with it, don’t misunderstand that. I “really” do hope he turns up safe and well, but am bored with providing yet another opportunity for the sad and (can’t think of a better word) silly attack on various Olympic organizations.

Ok we all have are doubts about the OC but come (Richard) to use the fact that a young man has gone missing in mysterious circumstance as just an other opportunity to promote your own weird, and distorted, grievances is just daft. And I’m sure most people here would agree that its not the normal reaction of a “father” when his child goes missing.

Look at what has been said
Boy goes missing and then up jumps Richard shouting that he must have killed himself due to the corruption of the NOC, blah blah blah, heard this sort of cr*p so many times before about this particular story, if it didn't concern a young man going missing in a strange country it would have been ignored as just yet an rant by a well know ranter.

But, to put in bluntly, sorry about this, this whole thing is just an other episode in a very well known (in Nepal) saga that is particularly sad and distressing to those involved and it has all been started and continued by one person, with some "very" strange ideas on the correct way to acquire a child and then provide a stable, loving, intellectually stimulating and educationally "normal" upbringing.

I really don't know the truth of the whole story. In fact no-one does, other than the one person at the centre of the story. The fact the his interpretation of it was not believed by the only people able to get the a least near to the truth, (The British High Court) should lead you to treat everything with just a hint of “yeah yeah heard it all before now what really happened”

and thats me outa this

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 5-05-09 7:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

Very hard to dis-agree with that!
Lets hope the boy turns up safe and well, maybe Jo Lumley and the British based Ghurkas could help particularly with communications as the UK has a military base in Nepal.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ab fab post

Is it possible that Uttam has a visa issue and a threat of enforced repatriation? I hope he's just made a break for freedom (from his home country?) and has some way of contacting people he can trust.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As I'm having a quiet but long day at work today I have pootled around the web on this story and there is indeed a back story going over several years from a 'Castle' in the Forest of Dean to a military career, some of which is covered above some not.
Whatever the circumstances of this chaps disapearance lets hope he is found soon, alone and not speaking French (or English) in France cannot be a very nice situation to be in.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How interesting. I know the Forest of Dean quite well from the past and have driven past Clearwell Castle many times. There's a good pub/hotel down the road, where I've had a few very large Sunday lunches, and an ancient iron mine just outside Clearwell.

Where are we going next?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
I've just read this thread and that is exactly what I intended to post. Fascinating, especially as it involves two of the most openly corrupt organisations known to man, the Nepali ruling elite and the IOC, to say nothing of the Forest of Dean. Can someone link in the Illuminati or the Masons or any of that lot?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

Where are we going next?

I thought we were having a drink at Hemel with The Old Fox Hat Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
But from this I hope you understand that all the references to various bit of Nepal that Richard makes, hoping that through ignorance of the area people will just accept his views, I “know” are cr*p. Telemark around Namche, is just an example of a another crazy idea that would be laughable if it wasn’t tied into the disappearance of a boy/young man.

I certainly agree with you about telemark around Namche as I have been there twice myself, the last time being last autumn. The whole Khumbu valley is primarily trekking or climbing terrain and is certainly not suitable for any form of regular skiing.

That suggestion alone made me question the validity of everything else that was said.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This on that Facebook page...

Day 10 6 May

UTTAM IN CONTACT - BUT REMAINS IN TROUBLE

The news is confirmed. Uttam is definitely alive and in reasonable health. He could do with a good meal, a wash and clean clothes but otherwise he has survived a remarkable 1,000 km journey over10 days with just 5 euros. And he has avoided even taking a loaf of bread - indeed all the 5 euros was actually spent on bread.

The police caught him several times but let him go because his visa is valid. And guess what members, IT WAS THIS GROUP PAGE THAT REACHED THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM ON THE STREETS AND MADE HIM CONTACT HIS FAMILY, TEAM AND FRIENDS. That is the power of Facebook - you have all helped to get help to him - but the job isn't over yet.

Uttam has a big problem; he is genuinely convinced that the Nepali authorities will have him killed as a revenge against the team manager for complaining to the IOC about their corruption. And now the story has broken in Nepal he feels his fate has been sealed.

"The Nepalis never forgive - especially the rich ones" he told a French film maker who has been following the team since the World Ski Championships in February. "The Nepal Olympic Committee knows that Richard Morley really cares for me and my family and they will hurt him in any way they can now that he has exposed their corruption. And that means I am a marked man. It costs 100 Euros to have someone killed in Nepal. That money is nothing to Shrestha and there are thousands of desperate men in Kathmandu who will do anything for that. And the police will turn a blind eye for the price of a beer. I've got no chance."

So he has a big problem and does not want his whereabouts revealed whilst he considers his situation. He is able to survive the streets and feels safer there than anywhere else - including the team base which is obviously known to the Nepali authorities.

SO WHAT DO WE DO?

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE UTTAM?

Please post your advice on this site or by direct message to him.

This is now the main news feed about this story folks - more people read facebook than any other media - isn't that amazing??????

Our thanks and love to you all for helping.

Tom and Daijhi
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For god sake will this crap ever end? Sure I hope this kid will be fine, but please stop stirring this IOC poo-poo in every single news. Besides I wonder from where this kid got idea he will be killed because of "exposing IOC corruption". Hmm... might be from someone who suppose to care so much about him?
Yes I believe someone was thinking he will have nice life with someone elses money (Mr. Morley in this case), and he's upset now when this pipe was closed, but do we really need to know this?
Before someone jumps on me... if Mr. Morley really cares so much about Nepal skiing team, go and finance it on your own. Find sponsors, do your job as team manager, and don't just complain how bad IOC is, if they don't do your job and if they don't give you money for your err... sorry I meant your team's needs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weirder and weirder.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, and even weirder still.

This is just one bit that's cearly suspect:
Quote:

The police caught him several times but let him go because his visa is valid. And guess what members, IT WAS THIS GROUP PAGE THAT REACHED THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM ON THE STREETS AND MADE HIM CONTACT HIS FAMILY, TEAM AND FRIENDS. That is the power of Facebook - you have all helped to get help to him - but the job isn't over yet.

Would people on the streets have internet access? Perhaps down 'n' outs have iPhones these days... "spare 20p to help wiv me mobile bill gov?"
ski holidays
Weirder and weirder indeed; this whole affair raises more questions than it answers....
snow conditions
Just had a message from a friend who tells me this boy is now back in Les Acrs with his firends. Safe and sound. All this stuff about IOC does seem a bit strange. So a happy ending of sorts. I agree with primoz, this Mr. Morley guy needs to sort his problems out himself not involve this lad in all management troubles.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:

now THAT needs a thread all of its own
ski holidays
jasonc, any more info from your friend?

Bode Swiller, you posted the Facebook quote. Who are Tom and Daijhi?

Why have we heard no more from Richard Morley?

Scooby North, welcome to snowHeads Smile ! A strange first post. Do you know anything else about the story, (apart from the weirdness)?
latest report
Quote:

Who are Tom and Daijhi?
no idea. Friends of his I assume. That Facebook page changed quite a bit as a result (I think) of things said on here and RM hasn't posted here since.

Quote:

Scooby North, welcome to snowHeads ! A strange first post.
that's what I thought. Just a resident adding to the weirdness I expect. The "Me think he doth..." in the sig line (although misquoted) would seem to be aimed at someone.

do dah do doo, do dah do doo...
ski holidays
Quote:

Why have we heard no more from Richard Morley?

Obviously I've got a few more important things to do than answering some of the hysterical comments published here.....like finding the lad for example.

And of course I have succeeded - he is indeed safe at home now after I found him in Paris.

And it was indeed the campaign on Facebook that found him - members of the public recognised him and assisted him to contact me.....exactly as we hoped....

And the whole matter has been investigated by the French police who actually understand the circumstances and the IOC (unlike some of the posters here!) ......and they are entirely happy with the accounts the lad has given....he was indeed driven into despair by the corruption in sport around him.....

And if my voiciferous detractors were actually involved with sport at IOC and NOC level they would understand the stupendous levels of corruption involved in it - and the effects that has on athletes and the performance of developing nations....

And if any of you seriously believe that I am doing all this for IOC money it simply shows your utter ignorance of the entire funding system - not to mention the state of my personal finances....

And if there is anything wrong in your minds for drawing public attention to corruption and official abuse when that damages the lives of those around us - then you can hardly complain of the appalling financial collapse created by exactly such greed and corrupttion which has drawn the world the edge of ruin.....

The truth often is wierd my friends - and if you actually live a life out there (as opposed to simply gossipping like silly old women about rumours and inuendo concerning other people's lives) then you'll discover that fact is much stranger than fiction ....as Sue Lawley once said about this whole saga....

Keep chatting away from your computers - I'm off to new horizons........ciao4now.
snow conditions
Thank phuq its over!
snow conditions
Richard Morley wrote:

And if my voiciferous detractors were actually involved with sport at IOC and NOC level they would understand the stupendous levels of corruption involved in it

no shit, you'll be telling us that British MPs are on the make next.
latest report
Quote:

The fact the his interpretation of it was not believed by the only people able to get the a least near to the truth, (The British High Court) should lead you to treat everything with just a hint of “yeah yeah heard it all before now what really happened”

You base your nasty assertions on absolute lies - both the Immigration Tribunal (March 1996) and the High Court (November 1996) entirely accepted the facts we presented concerning Jay - the High Court simply ruled that it was beyond their power to grant him residence as such was only possible under the discretion of the Home Secretary (Michael Howard) Of course the Labour cabinet had no hesitation in granting that discretion on their very first day in office.

Had any untruths been presented my son would not today be a British citizen living a perfectly respectable life and having contributed more to Britain I suspect than you have ever done.

You are the liar Wayne - not I.

And you may notice that I do not peddle my commercial business as a footer to my postings as you do.
ski holidays
And here we go again... 2 lines about this poor kid, and 50 lines of crap about IOC. If you have problems with IOC, go discuss this with them. If you have proofs of corruption (not to mention proofs about carrying around few 100mio eur in their suitcases), go to police and/or court and solve those things there. I really doubt things will get solved, if you will be crying about this here on forum.
ski holidays
Quote:

And here we go again... 2 lines about this poor kid, and 50 lines of crap about IOC.

Perhaps the 'kid' is more interested in corruption than you are...

perhaps Uttam feels a grievance against the authorities that he wants aired.....

but then these thoughts could never dawn on those who hide behind fake profiles and silly pseudonyms....
snow conditions
Quote:

Had any untruths been presented my son would not today be a British citizen living a perfectly respectable life and having contributed more to Britain I suspect than you have ever done.
like skiing for Nepal wink

I've never met a 17-year-old kid who is concerned about IOC corruption... or anything much at all really other than having a blast.
snow conditions
Quote:

If you have proofs of corruption (not to mention proofs about carrying around few 100mio eur in their suitcases), go to police and/or court and solve those things there. I really doubt things will get solved, if you will be crying about this here on forum.

Of course reports have been filed with the police - it is a necessary procedure when a person goes missing....

but it is not a crime for the IOC to make payments in cash and to have no accounts system....and the police are quite unable to do anything about corruption in nepal....

that is obvious to me but seemingly not to you....

and I am hardly 'crying about it' on this forum....I am simply answering the hysterical remarks made here.....

of course the Olympic system is absolutely impregnable - everyone inside it knows that. There is no jurisdiction to control it as it exists across every border - and its members are drawn from the most powerful business groups in each country.....all of us really inside sport know that we can do nothing to oppose this Mafia.

but David had no fear of Goliath - and von Stauffenberg had no hesitation to fight the Nazis. What have you ever done in your life? Where is your contribution to the world? You just seem to knock others who try - and then go to the pub and talk drivvel....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I've never met a 17-year-old kid who is concerned about IOC corruption... or anything much at all really other than having a blast.

Then meeting Uttam would be an eye opener for you - he is extremely angry about the system.

and I do not think he is alone in that amongst his age group. The global events of the last 6 months has drawn the attention of many young people to the ills of greed and corruption. And there are thousands of young people in Nepal taking to the streeets fighting the general corruption that is endemic there....remember that Uttam has been through a bloody civil war already...
latest report
Quote:

no poo-poo, you'll be telling us that British MPs are on the make next.

exactly my friend!
latest report
Quote:

Is it possible that Uttam has a visa issue and a threat of enforced repatriation? I hope he's just made a break for freedom (from his home country?) and has some way of contacting people he can trust.

Uttam has no Visa issue David - he is in Europe entirely legally and has no wish to remain here after his visa expires.

The problem that he faces is a question of safety in Nepal. He is convinced (rightly or wrongly) that faces danger there. Since the civil war began in '96, political murder and revenge killings have become entirely common place. Nepal is no longer the Shangrilla us old hands remember. Perhaps his fears may be exaggerated - I cannot be certain - but publicity will protect him as those he fear will think twice about hurting him when the truth is known.
snow report
Hi mate, glad he's OK

Richard Morley wrote:
And it was indeed the campaign on Facebook that found him - members of the public recognised him and assisted him to contact me.....exactly as we hoped....

Hey Paris Eh !! It seems you are the luckiest man in the world. Paris has 2 million people and someone spotted him from a face book photograph. It seems your life is blessed by the lucky spotting of people from photographs.

Richard Morley wrote:

Perhaps the 'kid' is more interested in corruption than you are...

perhaps Uttam feels a grievance against the authorities that he wants aired.....

Yeah I know where you're coming from mate. When I was 17 n my mates were all out shagging (well telling everyone they were anyway) and trying to get into pubs n club I was more concerned about the coruption I saw all around me.

Richard Morley wrote:
von Stauffenberg had no hesitation to fight the Nazis.

Hmmmmm sounds familiar ??, Stauffenberg lived in a castle (as well). Sorry couldn't resist that one wink

Richard Morley wrote:
What have you ever done in your life? Where is your contribution to the world?

Well I personally am the inventor of the Reverse 720 with Backscracher'8. Never landed one yet but I did invent it.

Richard Morley wrote:
Nepal is no longer the Shangrilla us old hands remember.

Well shock horror probe. Hold the front page. There is corruption in Nepal. Glad you told me that seems you’re the only one who knows.
Get a grip Richard…. That’s the way stuff works in some countries.
Top Tip mate from someone who work in some very strange parts of the world.
Don’t assume that everywhere is just little old England with funny accents. It ain’t. Accept stuff the way it is in the country you’re in and you’ll have a much happier life.
Just a little point Shangri-La was meant to be in Kunlun - not Nepal.

But hang on hoss Woah-just-a-god-dam-mo.
How come on your facebook stuff it says you knew he was OK on the 4th of May and you were still on here telling us that you thought he had topped himself, at the same time, as he was upset about “various stuff” hmmmmmmmmmmm sehr interessant.

Oh yeah. If anyone here "has" landed a Reverse 720 with Backscracher'8 then you owe me some cash for my invention. But I'll let you off as you are a god.
ski holidays
This just in from a Fleet St source:

NEPAL SKI TEAM BASE: Villaroger-Les Arcs

PRESS RELEASE 10 May 2009

MISSING NEPALI TEENAGE SKIER IS FOUND THROUGH FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN

Uttam Rayamajhi, the 17 year old Nepali ski racer who vanished from his team base in the French Alps without money or spare clothes on 27 April has been discovered on the streets of Paris after members of the public recognised him from a Facebook campaign launched to find him. Team Manager and trainer Richard Morley was contacted and immediately made the 700km journey from the Alps to collect Uttam from the Eiffel Tower where they arranged to meet.

The teenager had been living rough after walking several hundred kilometres across France surviving through the kindness of local people. He was stopped at routine police checks several times but never detained, as his visa is valid. Eventually a stranger near the Bastille alerted him to the Facebook campaign and showed him the news on the Internet.

The Facebook group was the brainchild of French student Tom Baraize from Lyon who met the Nepal team at the recent World Alpine Ski Championships at Val D’Isere where he acted as their liaison officer. Over 400 friends and well-wishers joined the campaign in less than a week to bring public attention to the search and the web page has been observed by many onlookers as an information portal.

Richard and Uttam reported the full circumstances of the events surrounding the teenager’s disappearance to the French police at Bourg St Maurice who had instigated a nation wide manhunt for him. Uttam informed them that he experienced considerable depression and anxiety when the Nepal Olympic Committee disbanded the team after Morley complained of their corruption to the IOC. This effectively ended Uttam’s promising career and raised fears that the Nepali authorities would punish him for his involvement in the complaint.

Uttam agreed to return to the team base when he learnt that his disappearance was jeopardising the funding and participation of team-mate Shyam Dhakal at the forthcoming Vancouver Winter Olympics. Dhakal is hoping to become the first ever Nepali Olympic Alpine skier. He has been in training since 2003 and is on the brink of Olympic qualification. He was awarded a IOC scholarship to assist him in November but the Nepal authorities refused to process it without his agreement to an improper division of the funds. Morley took the issue up with the IOC but was immediately dismissed by the Nepal authorities and the team was forced to dissolve. It was this situation that drove Uttam into despair and directly led to his disappearance.
Further information concerning this matter may be obtained from Olivier Niamkey, Head of the Athletes section at Olympic Solidarity in Lausanne.

It is hoped that now Uttam has returned to the team base there should be no further impediment to Shyam Dhakal going forwards and reaching Vancouver. Uttam wishes now to return to Nepal and rejoin his anxious family there. However immigration experts have advised him that it is unsafe to return until these issues have been resolved. This advice also applies to the third member of the Nepal squad and participant at the World Ski Championships, Subas Khatri, who is currently considering his situation in light of these events.

Ben Campbell
Secretary and Freestyle Trainer,
Nepal Ski Team Base
snow conditions
Quote:

Eventually a stranger near the Bastille alerted him to the Facebook campaign and showed him the news on the Internet.
that's nuts. I'm having real trouble believing it.
snow report
Is that Ben Campbell AKA Ski Club Rep?
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reps/rep.aspx?intContactID=147679
snow report
Quote:

these thoughts could never dawn on those who hide behind fake profiles and silly pseudonyms....

Richard, it seems strange that you talk so disparagingly about people on this forum who use pseudonyms. Have you really never used any other name other than your own? Mmmm.......You also complain about other people's greed and corruption as if you are whiter than white, but are you really????? Everyone is relieved to hear that this young boy is safe - let's hope he stays that way...One thing's for sure, now that everyone knows about Uttam people will certainly be keeping a look out for him, whether you keep him firmly under your dark wing from now on or not. Don't patronise the people on here when you know nothing about them...How do you know what they have achieved in their lives? And whatever gives you the right to speak as if you have been so good for the world and people in it? Bluster and a high opinion of one's self may impress some, may even take some people in, but it would appear that the good folks on here are rightly suspicious of you and what you spout...I don't think you're immune to talking a fair amount of 'drivel' yourself! Btw, didn't your mother ever tell you that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? Seems like you have been chucking rather a lot of boulders around lately...
ski holidays
Quote:

Is that Ben Campbell AKA Ski Club Rep?

Probably not...Reckon that might be another pseudonym of someone!!!! Never mind pinches of salt - what about a whole truckload??!!!!
ski holidays
Right, I have been following this thread but i have not posted on here yet as it all seemed over my head. I am glad Uttam is safe and well and I wish him well for the future, whatever that may hold.

Richard Morley, I do not know enough on the facts of this issue to judge you, as so many others have. I think there have been some very harsh critics on here and you have argued your case with dignity. I also wish you well for the future.
snow report
Richard Morley wrote:
What have you ever done in your life?

Nothing much. I tried to do my best and to qualify for Olympics. Unfortunately it didn't work (I still came way under 140 FIS poinst or whatever is ridiculous limit for even consider going to Olympics Wink). But even when it didn't work, I didn't try to kill myself, and no I didn't blame IOC or NOC for this. I blamed myself, because I wasn't good enough, or because I didn't train hard enough. It really is as simple as that.
On the other side, I also didn't try to be one of them, living from their money, like you are/were trying to. And when it doesn't go anymore, you are crying about corruption. Why didn't you have any problems with this before, when IOC was still financing your adventure? Wink
Richard Morley wrote:
Where is your contribution to the world? You just seem to knock others who try - and then go to the pub and talk drivvel....

My contribution to the world? To be honest, I really doubt there's any. World would easily exist, without me being here. I try to do my job as good as I can, but I don't fool myself I will change world with doing what I do. So my contribution to world is pretty much 0. I'm sure you consider your crying about IOC corruption as huge contribution to the world, but somehow I have feeling it still won't change much. Wink
PS: I don't doubt about corruption in IOC, I was around long enough to know how things work. But then again, I can't get rid of feeling that all your writing has very little to do with corruption itself. On the other side, it certainly looks like writing of upset person, who was set away from pretty good milking cow (read: IOC and their money).
ski holidays
Quote:

My contribution to the world? To be honest, I really doubt there's any. World would easily exist, without me being here. I try to do my job as good as I can, but I don't fool myself I will change world with doing what I do. So my contribution to world is pretty much 0.

Primoz,

Don't do yourself down. If you have 'lived well, laughed often and loved much', nobody could say that your contribution to the world is 0. You seem like a decent, intelligent and perceptive person. In comparison, there are people who take advantage of others in order to satisfy their own needs...That certainly is not living well or loving much - and if there's any justice in the world, they won't have the last laugh either.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy