Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"It's too cold in Canada/US"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wow, it gets cold when you go skiing?? rolling eyes rolling eyes

dont be fannies, you can get the kinds of temps quoted above with windchill pretty much anywhere. Make like the scouts and be prepared. Or go spring skiing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
barry wrote:
wow, it gets cold when you go skiing?? rolling eyes rolling eyes

Now horizontal snow and hurricanes I'll reserve judgement on 'til next years forays north. wink

Someone told me that nothing can quite prepare you for the "wind" you can experience in Alba. Shocked

Lifes for living, not moaning about......................

John.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BCjohnny wrote:
Now horizontal snow and hurricanes I'll reserve judgement on 'til next years forays north. wink

ach, that's only a wee blow wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
out of 8 trips, only 1 day was so cold that in fact they closed the lifts to the exposed areas (-45), we were desperate to get down that day and it was the first run of the day - everything was numb, but once we warmed up we wnet to the sheltered area where it was a balmy -23. I've never missed a day because of the cold (it must be that good spyder gear wink ) but I have had to buy hand and toe warmers and a face mask.

Wind chill factor is offset a lot by decent wind-proof garments. However, -45°C actual air temperature would be seriously seriously cold - I'd say downright dangerous for most of us - and it really can get cold in Canada.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I`ve skiied in Colorado for 16 weeks in last 2 years. Honestly, it`s only been too cold to ski no more than 2 days in total. Had to be persuaded to go to USA `cause I thought it would be icy cold. It`s a dry cold , hence the good powder. Wouldn`t really want to ski anywhere else now.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm with the majority - Canada/USA is fine and most definitely a different type of cold - I'd also echo the unzipped jacket at minus 5-10.

I've done ~16 weeks (mostly Alberta Jan/Feb) and have only had a couple of disgustingly cold days (-50 with windchill, Lake Louise of course, back side morning Wink ) - but it just means you whizz down to Temple lodge for a hot chocolate, then down to Ten Peaks for a hot drink... Smile No worse than anyone who skis around europe topping up their beer levels on an hourly basis! Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Four trips to Alberta, one trip to British Columbia. All trips for ten days. All trips in the middle of January.

We've missed half a day in all that time due to the cold and that was because they shut the lift due to the temperature at the top.

The only concession I make to the cold is that I wear mittens not gloves. Buy them over there as the choice tends to be better and with mittens it's easier to use the disposable heat pads.

We'll be back in British Columbia this year in the middle of January (because it's very quiet at that time of year and it's the cheapest week!)

I've been colder when I've been to Bulgaria in the wet snow!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied in Vermont (Killington) in February a few years ago and went prepared with neoprene face masks etc., only to find warm conditions - it even rained the last day and the free plastic macs the lift staff gave out weren't enought to keep us on the slopes. No sign of any boiler plate. Lived in New Mexico for a bit and skied some of the smaller resorts and Taos - no problem there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy