Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tasmania's skiing "under threat"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mechanised skiing in Tasmania, Australia, takes place on two mountains: Ben Lomond and Mount Mawson. Both areas are claimed to be under threat, due to alleged cutbacks in road clearance by the authorities ...

... according to this report by ABC News.

The road to Ben Lomond is described thus:

Quote:
If you're driving, be warned that there are steep grades, hairpin bends, sheer drops and no safety barriers. You need to carry wheel chains.

The ski season is short:

Quote:
The snow season is from the middle of July to the end of September.

Source: http://goaustralia.about.com/od/skiing/a/skitasmania.htm

Catch it while you can!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
If you're driving, be warned that there are steep grades, hairpin bends, sheer drops and no safety barriers. You need to carry wheel chains.

Aren't a lot of NZ ski fields like this? I wouldn't imagine that would be a threat but apparently so. IMO, middle of July to end of September is a good run if it is conistent. I wonder how similar Ben Lomonds situation is to a lot of Scottish hills (ref: lack of government support), I guess we all know the Cairngorms aren't lacking there right enough Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another one to add on my to-ski list Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In response to the concerns expressed by the operators/workers on Ben Lomond, the Parks and Wildlife service in Tasmania has now responded.

This follow-up report by ABC News.

Quote:
The Ski Patrol President Douglas James says he is concerned that cuts to Parks and Wildlife will extend to his rescue volunteers.

Quote:
Northern Parks and Wildlife Manager Chris Colley says the rescue patrol will not be cut but he is discussing the employment of a patroller with tourism operators...Parks and Wildlife says it will maintain the roads and sewerage on Ben Lomond this winter but will not be doing vehicle checks.

Maybe that means there will some 'hairy vehicle incidents' on what is evidently a hairy road.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy