Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the fascination with gate training for kids?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
"I will tell you what little Jonny needs, how he skis, how many pairs of skis he has got, his ranking at his local club." boasted Jonny's Father as Jonny, (12yrs) sat in total silence, embarrassed, wearing his local club jersey with his winning (5th place) badges stitched over his mouth to prevent him expressing his own feelings, needs and indeed aspirations.

"Then we can talk about his canting, edge angles, binding mouting, type of waxes." the Fat Mouthed jerk off of a Father continued as little Jonny shank further into the bootfitter's Sofa, revealing his Pi$$ stained tracksuit bottoms.

Steady now

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
the bootfitter's Sofa

Not to mention the bootfitter's scatter cushions
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yeah and free slope use, a few of the kids on the alpine teams get TASS grants but i dont think any get cash for freestyle..

i am sure he could use some new boots snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i think what they are actually trying to do is get more children in to the competitive side of the sport to make it bigger
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Training in gates is one of the best things a kid can do for their skiing. But it can also be detrimental. Skills are not developed in gates,,, they're refined there. The skills need to be developed outside the poles first. If they're not, bad habits can become developed and/or embedded in the kids movement patterns. Too many programs faulter by not getting the kids out of the gates enough to work on skills. If done right though, kids become unbelieveably great skiers.

For adults, gates can be beneficial and fun. They refine skills for recreational skiing adults, just like they do for kids. And they provide a totally new venue for fun on skis. I conducted a 2 day theme camp this winter for adult females looking to get off their personal intermediate plateaus.
We worked on SKILLS, SKILLS, SKILLS for a day and a half, then all the girls went in the NASTAR course. For most it was their first time in gates. It was so much fun to see the nervous faces at the starting gate get replaced with massive smiles and excitement at the finish gate! They all loved it! Most considered it a major milestone and accomplishment in their skiing history, and many went home with medals. I recommend a go at gates for everyone. If/when you come to the states, NASTAR is the perfect way to get a first time experience.

Hmmmmm,,,, perhaps this should be the theme of next years camp?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy