Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you pack?

Poster: A snowHead
Its stuff to make our hair all shiny and straight and nice smelling ! Obviously this is absolutely essential - oh i forgot hair bands
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My other "essentials" include
Heart rate monitor
the 2 plastic wine glasses from the picnic set for in-room-wine-quaffing before dinner (corkscrew comes courtesy of the previously mentioned essential swiss army knife)
Stretchy elastic bandage thingy - not tubigrip - for swollen knees, ankles etc
Boppit - stupid, irritating, but addictive game to play when p*ssed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee wrote:
You call that a list!?!?!?!

Ha! I laugh at your so called neccessities

where are the hairdryers
the plug adaptor things?
Hair straightners?
Sandwich Toaster?
stereo?
Skiing Knickers and going out knickers!
Make up,
hair serum,
supernoodles,
kitkats,
teabags- proper tetley ones not that french fag ash in a bag,
disposable camera
Timberlands
Going out boots
sexy yet unankle breaking shoes
going out tops
going out coat
going out jeans
sun cream
hair protector
pop tarts
curling tongs
tissues
wet wipes
facial exfoliator
body scrub
body moisturiser
facial moisturiser
Ski jacket and salopettes
ski tshirts
Skiing sunglasses
posing sunglasses
bras
lil pretty vests( you never know who'll have to cut your clothes off when youve broken your arm)
swim stuff
Camel pak bag thing
2 x handbags
5 x tacky magazines
Washbag stuff

think ive got most of it there!

I could go on but id be here for hours

estimated weight 25kg+

Money spent on getting flatmate to DHL me something ive forgotten and desperately need - £25-30

.... thats only about a third of what WTFH takes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB wrote:
.... thats only about a third of what WTFH takes.

Not sure about the hair straighteners tho........... Laughing Laughing

Anyway, you can't talk, I know for a fact you've bought a huge kermit-mobile to fill with stuff Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never thought of taking my boppit with me! That surely is the best game ever when you add shots of vodka into the equation!

Need hair straighters, just need them

and I forgot - always always take a bottle opener!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucie,

The Kermit Van belongs to the Mrs and I have to travel in my "mid life crisis cheap sports car" to Kitzbuel tomorrow.

Anyway ....

Lucie wrote:

5 x tacky magazines

Would these be the mags with the artistic pictures of WTFH playing in the sand on the beach?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is Boppit? The only decent reference I could find out there on the web was:

Watch out for Boppit, by MB, a very silly toy which seems fun the first few times you play it, but I'm sure will begin to grate on the nerves for the majority of people....I can see it as a late at night 'toy' that comes out between Bausack and Loopin' Louis. Of course, I for one will be getting one and taking it to conventions with me, heh, heh. (http://www.gamecabinet.com/news/Essen97Shilly.html)

I am none the wiser, but intrigued. I love silly games. (Pass the Pigs is my favourite game when the room starts going blurry)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

So that's what you girls cram into your bags. Just what is "hair serum"?

I thought it was that stuff that featured as 'hair gel' on the film "There's something about Mary".

Novel thing to put in a tub and take on holiday though - you'd think with little imagination they could get their hands on plenty enough there.... Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
austin7, for an ancient car (82 years old!) and collecter of obscure vinyl, you're a very naught boy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For a look at a Bop It try
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IWFB/002-6725219-1461640?tag=amz07b-21

We've got 2 in the family, sister's got one and we bought dad one for his b'day. Boxing day night was spent playing bop-it with alcofrolic forfeits. At one stage we had both going at the same time going in opposite directions around the room. I can't remember ever seeing anyone playing with one under the age of 20.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
You call that a list!?!?!?!

where are the hairdryers
the plug adaptor things?
Hair straightners?
Sandwich Toaster?
stereo?

...snip...

think ive got most of it there!

I could go on but id be here for hours

estimated weight 25kg+

Stereo? Used to take one, but I'm never in the room long enough to listen. Or make toasted sandwiches for that matter.

Anyway, there aren't many advantages to being male, but I reckon the definition of "necessity"'s one of them. Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Fenlandskier: seen the picture, clicked on the picture and heard the funny sounds, read the reviews (all 189 of them), but still don't understand what it is all about? Lots of poeple obviously find it a lot of fun, especialy kids, with parents suggesting it is "educational" (so is Warcraft 3!). No one suggests it's a competitor for shove-halfpenny.
(just kidding about reading all the reviews)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I heard about it from a few different people and kept thinking to myself they must all be bonkers, it's only a kids toy. The first few goes with it confirm that but the more you play it the more it grows on you.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stereo? Used to take one, but I'm never in the room long enough to listen. Or make toasted sandwiches for that matter.- Skanky

well thats because men in general in ski resorts think that having a shower constitutes an effort, and ladies like to make a bit more of an effort, thus we take more time, spend more time in our rooms when were getting ready etc
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's true. You can probably remove the "in ski resorts" from that sentence, too.
snow conditions
Stereo? Used to take one, but I'm never in the room long enough to listen. Or make toasted sandwiches for that matter.- Skanky

well thats because men in general in ski resorts think that having a shower constitutes an effort, and ladies like to make a bit more of an effort, thus we take more time, spend more time in our rooms when were getting ready etc
snow conditions
Er,...that's true. You can probably remove the "in ski resorts" from that sentence, too.
snow report
bloomin refresh button- designed to make me look thick ( well thats my excuse)

Half the men in where I live spend hours in the bathroom preening themselves, the other half dont know what a bathroom is (pfhh men!)

You have to have music! otherwise you end up having the TV on for background noise ( you do learn the jingles to the adverts-believe me, malaysia la la la truly asia lalala)
snow report
Some do fall in between those extremes, you know. Well, at least one does. Smile

Oh I know, I've worked abroad enough to know that...
Often take a personel stereo for the journey, but this year it's still all packed as we've just moved house. Won't sorted for a few weeks yet Sad
snow report
DB wrote:
Lucie,

The Kermit Van belongs to the Mrs and I have to travel in my "mid life crisis cheap sports car" to Kitzbuel tomorrow.

Anyway ....

Lucie wrote:

5 x tacky magazines

Would these be the mags with the artistic pictures of WTFH playing in the sand on the beach?

Hmmm. Sounds like our house. I get the huge 4x4 tank & he drives the "I wish I was 18 again" go-faster-mobile

The tacky magazines wasn't me, it was Nadenoodlee NehNeh
I do agree though - a copy of Hello bought at the airport is essential reading . The WTFH/beach image is not pleasant at this time of the morning
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Stereo? Used to take one, but I'm never in the room long enough to listen.

I keep thinking about taking a stereo, but I'm never sure how much bi-wire speaker cable to take, and whether I should go with pre-amps or not. I mean, what size will the room be?

As for hair straighteners, the last time I flew back to Belfast I had some GHD ones with me. They look great, but are not the best ones to use. You can get better quality ones for about half the price.
Trust me on this one!
Also, you should see the damage that they did to my hair... snowHead
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Stereo? Used to take one, but I'm never in the room long enough to listen.

I keep thinking about taking a stereo, but I'm never sure how much bi-wire speaker cable to take, and whether I should go with pre-amps or not. I mean, what size will the room be?

And do you take just teh CD player, or the turntable and radio, too. If the radio do you take just the analogue or the digital as well. STill, at least the fill-in speakers fit in the rucksack side pockets.

Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
As for hair straighteners, the last time I flew back to Belfast I had some GHD ones with me. They look great, but are not the best ones to use. You can get better quality ones for about half the price.
Trust me on this one!
Also, you should see the damage that they did to my hair... snowHead

I just use my skis while they're still warm from the iron.
ski holidays
skanky wrote:
Still, at least the fill-in speakers fit in the rucksack side pockets.

Not mine!
As for using the skis as irons, while they are still warm, that's an interesting idea. Although with my level of follical challengedness, I think even my skiboards would be too long! snowHead
snow report
Lucie Axford wrote:
The WTFH/beach image is not pleasant at this time of the morning

Lucie, what worries me is that you think it might be pleasant at some other time of the day.
What would Mr SkiBunny say?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
skanky wrote:
Still, at least the fill-in speakers fit in the rucksack side pockets.

Not mine!
As for using the skis as irons, while they are still warm, that's an interesting idea. Although with my level of follical challengedness, I think even my skiboards would be too long! snowHead

You've not seen my rucksack side pockets Very Happy

The poles make great curling tongs, too. My nasal hair never looks so good as it does on the pistes.. Shocked
ski holidays
Sorry, I back comb mine, it covers my small bald spot, and no one even notices.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Lucie Axford wrote:
The WTFH/beach image is not pleasant at this time of the morning

Lucie, what worries me is that you think it might be pleasant at some other time of the day.
What would Mr SkiBunny say?

I don't think he'd find it very pleasant either. You're not his type Smile
snow conditions
Thank goodnes for this thread. Just packing, and went through postings to check I'd not forgotten anything. Only forgot one thing: Chocolate. And that was my suggestion! (about 20 postings back).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim,
I haven't started packing yet (fly at 6.30am tomorrow). I normally like to do it well in advance but "restrained" myself this time. I'll be having palpitations by about 2 o'clock this afternoon about it!!

I believe they do sell chocolate in the alps Wink - bars of Lindt Lindor are my favourite!! Gives me an idea for a "favourite skiing chocolate" thread..........

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 4-03-04 12:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Lucie Axford, Lindt Lindor all the way! They even make little Lindor christmas tree decorations - most excellent!!
snow conditions
masopa wrote:
Fruity, which airport? My girlfriend works at Glasgow...

masopa, both heathrow and gatwick! I have offices at both.......
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:
What is Boppit? The only decent reference I could find out there on the web was:

Watch out for Boppit, by MB, a very silly toy which seems fun the first few times you play it, but I'm sure will begin to grate on the nerves for the majority of people....I can see it as a late at night 'toy' that comes out between Bausack and Loopin' Louis. Of course, I for one will be getting one and taking it to conventions with me, heh, heh. (http://www.gamecabinet.com/news/Essen97Shilly.html)

I am none the wiser, but intrigued. I love silly games. (Pass the Pigs is my favourite game when the room starts going blurry)

Just had a quick look & there are 8 Bop Its for sale on Ebay. Every home should have one.
latest report
Lucie, I'm afraid only cadbury's dairy milk will do.
snow conditions
Noooo! it has to be milka! Ever since I saw the purple cow skiing down the mountain at alpe dhuez scattering chocolate as she went ive been addicted

And never ever ever say GHD straightners arent the best- they are widely acknowledged as "the daddy" of hair straightening ceramic irons!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, i am so with you on that. Dont forget razor. Had the nice underwear on (re cute vests), but hadnt done my legs, the day i broke mine!!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy