Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Mountain Sun Boot Camp October 2009 anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
A few of us (four guys and one girl inc two Snowheads) have booked for 23rd October. Any other Snowheads intending to be out there for these dates? Or anyone else fancy joining us for the trip?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mogs, I know you posted a while back but wondered if I could still join your group? None of my mates are interested and/or already booked for a full week later in the season! Oh I'm a girl btw, board/ski depending on what mood draws me!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
medicspy, Hi. Yes very welcome. I have replied to your PM with all the details.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mogs, just back from Les Deux Alpes and wondering about the next fix..... are you planning to have lessons again?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
4 of us have booked and going out on the 28th October Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, snowHead We're still dithering and wondering whether it's not just too extravagant to go yet again, even on such a good value break! But having learnt so much in this last week, we're keen to practice before we forget it all. And getting up to Hemel or somewhere isn't cheap.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Snowlamb and I (& another) going for 3 nights on 5th November!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds, Thanks for the reminder. I guess you are on nights by your post-time! Can we dare to hope for the amazing conditions we got last year?

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish wrote:
Linds, Thanks for the reminder. I guess you are on nights by your post-time! Can we dare to hope for the amazing conditions we got last year?

snowHead

On days but just too hot to sleep rolling eyes
Conditions like last year would be great Laughing

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Hi Pam. I hope last week went well? Yes I am hoping to have lessons. I am waiting for confirmation on who Mountainsun are using. If it's not Kev I think I may contact him direct. I really hope you decide to come. Date has changed from above. We are going out on the 27th now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me and a pal are going first week in Dec. Is it true that if the whole resort opens on time, we can ski the whole area and not just the glacier on the ski pass we get?

Cheers
Smag
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smagsmith, welcome to snowHeads. That's certainly true on the last weekend of the deal. I think December is priced a little higher because of that very reason, you get a pass that is appropriate to what's open. Check with Joanne at Mountainsun to be sure.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can you believe the ski and board camp starts in just over three weeks time! Where has the time gone?? BUT - here we are : winter again!!

Just to let those of you who are interested know, like last year we're making the opening weekend special again and there's still space if you fancy a quick cheeky weekend to celebrate winter's arrival!! It'll be similar to last year, we'll be doing the special gala dinner on the Saturday night and offering white water rafting as an option for part of your transfer home. Full details at www.skiandboardcamp.com/gala.html , 2 nights £99, 3 nights £135 and 4 nights £169 including transfers, catered accommodation, lift pass and use of 2010 test skis, boards, boots...

And if you can't make it I'll look forward to seeing some of you later in the autumn when I'm out again. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also - forgot to mention. Lots of people asked me early on about tuition. We've teamed up with The Development Centre and they've put together some special clinics and you can see full details of these here www.skiandboardcamp.com/coaching.html . Available throughout for those of you looking brush up !!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For info I have been in touch with The Development Centre who will be running the courses and I they have informed me that the courses are 3 hour sessions i.e. the one day course is 3 hours and the two day course will be two sessions of 3 hours (one each day). Video analysis is more likely on the two day course
latest report
Only 5 Sleeps to go Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
Any one been this year yet? What are the conditions like. looks cold on the web cams and a fresh dusting of snow has arrived in the last day or two
snow conditions
One more sleep!! Just leaving work and off home to pack. I hate packing except when it's my ski gear. Early night then on my way at 5am Very Happy Will be in Tignes tomorrow night. NehNeh Can't wait. Will give you all a snow report when I get back
snow report
Mogs, See you on Wednsesday evening Very Happy
latest report
smagsmith, I was out at the beginning of October. Looks like there have been a few light dustings over the last couple of weeks and that the snow line is slowly descending the mountain.

When I was out, as you would expect, snow conditions were best first thing but they hold up pretty well until 2ish. Not sure if anything other than the Glacier motorways are open but they should be enough to put a smile on your face for a few days.
ski holidays
Mogs, have a great ski!Mogs, Sorry we'll miss you this time. snowHead
latest report
We'll be arriving with Linds, and Liz B, on Weds, and as far as I can predict we will be experiencing sun on thinnish snow. The glacier seems quite decent, but Rosslin will not be open as it was last year. All the same, a good time will be had by all!

snowHead
latest report
Chris Bish, I can do sun snowHead
ski holidays
Have a good time all !
latest report
Packed and waiting for Elizabeth B, to collect me Very Happy
Chris Bish, Dont forget your speedos for the hot tub Laughing

Quote:

Have a good time all !

Joanne Mountainsun, I'm sure we will Laughing
snow conditions
Have a great time Linds, Elizabeth B, & the Bishes! snowHead
ski holidays
Linds, enjoy Very Happy
latest report
Some recent(ish) photos from Tignes. I think conditions have improved since these photos.

http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20091001.php
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, Have a great time snowHead
snow report
Greetings all snowHead from sunny Tignes Laughing
thefatcontroller, Your pics are out of date the conditions are worse rolling eyes Shocked
But snow is forcast for Sunday so I am sure by the time the next lot come out it will have improved. Bumped into Stewart W today his first day on the slope, just hope he didnt see me trying to battle with the ice.
We are still making the most of the 3 days out here with the Pixies using Rob's side-slipping techniques frequently to get down the very icy bit's on the black Shocked The best conditions are first thing in the morning e.g 0830 bus to the train thingie Shocked By 12 noon today the T-bar slope was sheet ice so we came down to soak up the rays and consume some little beers Laughing
As usual the hotel staff are great with good food and plenty of cold beer available Laughing Sadly the hot tub realised we were coming and decided to expire Shocked so no shocking the neighbours by exposing Pixie flesh or Chris Bish's wobbly bits Shocked (he will get me for that Toofy Grin )
Mogg's Hope you got back ok? Great to see you again.
Linds & Bev x
snow report
Linds & Bev - glad yo are having a good time...will soon be time for a proper countdown for us (still too many sleeps)
ski holidays
The hot-tub started itself up as if by magic yesterday morning. Burbled for a bit and then went back to sleep. Looks like a switchng problem then, or it was scared of me. Come to think of it, I do that too.

Weather dreadful here in Staffordshire, but the same low is taking snow to Tignes, so that's OK then. Think I'll go to the ski show as Bev has had a look at her knee in the bath and seems to think Feb half-term might be a goer. Anybody know anything about this ski-mojo thing? Might be just what she needs.

snowHead
snow conditions
Just had a look at my favourite synoptic cahrt. Masses of snow going Alpwards. Nice!

snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, search Mojo and I'll think you'll find that Frosty the Snowman swears by his.
snow conditions
Thanks Linds, yes got back ok. Did you have a good journey home? Back in work this morning and as Linds said snow conditions were grim in places. Excellent trip though and can't praise the staff in the chalet enough. Food was excellent. I just hope the conditions improve before my next trip out. In three weeks Smile
snow report
Hi I'm going out on the 9th of Dec for 4 days and was just wondering if any of you that have already been know if they have any Atomic Doubledeck skis for testing?
Can't wait to get there now its snowing Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy