Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

7-year-old skier sued after skiing over a man's skis

Poster: A snowHead
It's not entirely clear what happened here. According to this reconstruction and story (video + text) a little boy skied over another skier's skis ...

http://www.facesoflawsuitabuse.org/stories/story.asp?s=49876

... and the man whose skis were crossed fell over (as did Scott, the boy involved).

According to the boy's parents' story, the man got up and remonstrated with the boy and threatened to sue.

As I say, the picture doesn't seem to be complete. The parents wanted to settle but no details of the lawsuit are stated. There's a claim in the video, though, that the boy had to attend a meeting with three of the claimant's lawyers ... which must have been pretty scary for a 7-year-old. Maybe he'll evolve into the new Charles Dickens.

Any comments on this, so far? Maybe we can get more info on this one.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only in America. rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I often consider taking legal action against my kids. My 5-year-old was being a bit tricksy going to bed tonight so I slapped a High Court injunction on her. That certainly got her attention.

Over here, someone "remonstrating with a 7-year-old" would probably get the close attention of social services.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flipping heck, only in America for sure!

Unbe ... f'ing ... lievable!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 28-04-09 1:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like rubbish to me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My 9yr old was most upset when a ski instructor skied over his skis (very precious, first ever pair opened two days earlier at Christmas) while crossing a poma lift, perhaps we should have taken it further!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd like to know what the injuries were to the claimant. I suspected he took a dive and claimed to have a bad back and whiplash.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been telling my 5 year old she needs to keep clear of trees, poles and other skiers...maybe I should have her watch the video.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PJSki, yes, no mention of what injuries were being claimed for.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we all like new stuff, especially our precious 2 day old stuff.. but lets face it they are skis, you drag them over the floor, some colateral damage is to be expected, especially in the lift Q's .. a few scuffs wont make any difference in the way they perform..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not saying the suit is justified, and it sure is fun to get outraged about this sort of thing, but I would just like to point out that this is coming from a campaigning website.

Here is a response to that group's campaign (different case, though):
http://whatlawyersdo.com/2008/12/22/faces-of-lawsuit-abuse-a-response/

I'm not saying one side or the other is right, but you should at least not take all your information from a single source that has a very clear agenda.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Goldsmith wrote:

Any comments on this, so far? Maybe we can get more info on this one.

Commnet? Base on what? An internet page put out by a specially interest group?

Oh well, I guess this is officially the "off-season".
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am not saying that I got all the facts, but it sounds like the guy suing had a dislocated shoulder that required surgery...
http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/83842/7-year-old-skier-sued-after-skiing-over-a-man-s-skis
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How ridiculous to sue a seven year old.............

Spare the rod, spoil the child. Couple of flicks from a Birch twig'd do the trick.

John.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MEfree30, looks fair enough, if that info is correct. Funny how they left out any mention of the injuries in that video.
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
MEfree30, looks fair enough, if that info is correct. Funny how they left out any mention of the injuries in that video.

Chances are, it wasn't handled perfectly from anyone's point of view...as Ami in Berlin said, it was pretty obvious that the OP's link had one side of the story and their own agenda...hard to know what the real facts are without seeing video from several angles.

Thankfully, my 5 year old hasn't run into anyone yet, but it has been a struggle to get her to give the proper amount of space to other skiers, trees and lift poles...
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
I often consider taking legal action against my kids. My 5-year-old was being a bit tricksy going to bed tonight so I slapped a High Court injunction on her. That certainly got her attention.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
BCjohnny, I'm with you on that one.
ski holidays
It seems to me that perhaps Mr David Pfahler did have legal justification for this law suit, but surely it was his moral and human duty NOT to pursue it.

The land of the free indeed...
latest report
You do not know if it was the other guy that indeed pursued the case. If he claimed for his shoulder injury and surgery off his insurance company, then the insurers can bring a case against the guilty party without his knowledge or support.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy