Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Interseason and summer 2009

Poster: A snowHead
fragy, pam w, thank you - on the mend.

fragy, I wouldn't like you to fall off - just everyone else! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was up again today, although I probably won't be for a while now. It was very warm last night, and although there was clearly some re-freeze it obviously wasn't all that hard. Sad However they'd done a great job on the pistes and I've taken 2 photos from the same place: one at just before 10.00 and one at nearly 13.30. It really shows what happens every day. I thought you might find this interesting if you've never skied in a bad summer!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice pics easiski, interesting to see how much the piste has receeded in from the sides the past few weeks since we were there too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, just the other 549 would do, if that happens I'll split the winnings with you next year!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fragy, Perhaps we could trip them up??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Richard_Sideways, I always think the progression/recession of the snow is interesting - never sure if others think so though. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, you are not alone Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I find the gray colour on those pistes a little depressing. I'm glad I haven't seen too much of that during my skiing holidays.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
guys

whats the chances of snow here in the next few weeks,is there a possibility?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forecasts say odds are low for the next 10 days, on-and-off rain till Monday then sunny till sunday. Best chance is today, tomorrow or Monday, overnight lows of 4-6 degrees so colder higher up with good chance of precip. Although won't hang around long with the sun forecast next week,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowtheway2go, The worldwide ski and snowboard site suggests a fair bit of precipitation starting tomorrow and going on till Tuesday. The main thing to hope for is that the temp drops enough for it to be snow all the time on the whole glacier and not just above 3,3/400m or so. It's in the lap of the gods. rolling eyes This summer has been particularly bad, but last summer was much better (go back and look at the thread and check out the photos). Sadly, hardly anyone came to ski last summer, not even the italians in large numbers, and now there are lots the snow's not great. OTOH we are still skiing. Very Happy

today Mrs R32 and dog32 and myself walked up towards the Cascade de la Pisse - yes it's really called that and there's a photo of the sign in case you don't believe me wink . We didn't get all the way as it's quite steep and she lacks her right ACL and my ankle is dodgy. However we got close enough to feel we were there, so here's the pic. Also of pic of dog32. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowtheway2go, Forgot to say that I've skied ankle deep powder in every month of the summer before now, so it just depends. No way of knowing what's going to happen.micky, I love summer skiing, but you can't think of it as a skiing holiday. It's a holiday with skiing if coming in midsummer.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowtheway2go, Forgot to say that I've skied ankle deep powder in every month of the summer before now, so it just depends. No way of knowing what's going to happen.micky, I love summer skiing, but you can't think of it as a skiing holiday. It's a holiday with skiing if coming in midsummer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, We sound like a right pair don't we!! Hope Mr R32 doesn't see that pic of the drowned rat!!
You didn't mention that we almost had to climb back up the hill to retrieve my phone Embarassed rolling eyes Thank you to the nice guy who found it Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Although I'm not planning to go up today, the webcams would seem to suggest a tickle of fresh last night, although far from a universal coating. Something is better than nothing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mrs R32, Dog32 and myself have been off on another one of our adventures today. Lots of pix and scary moments. Long post to come tomorrow after downloading the photos. Very Happy
latest report
Ok, here we go. We went to Villard Notre Dame which is up the mountain behind Bourg d'Oisans. The road looks very scary from the bottom - clinging to the sheer cliffs, and it is. It has a number of very old tunnels which are clearly hand dug, and are single track with corners as is the rest of the road. fortunately we didn't really meet anyone. Madeye-Smiley After a number of Kms of this you start with the hairpins and eventually come out into this really charming village. We walked up the road a bit, found this unusual (we thought) holiday home, and continued up until we got to the place where the road is no longer maintained. Well, that was to decide whether to take it or not. Laughing Back to the village on foot and then a nice cool drink in a small bar with a view from the terrace!
ski holidays
After our refreshments we did decide to take the road over to Villard Reymond in spite of the sign warning us that it was at our own risk. Well, it was basically a farm track, which was fine in Betty the Subaru, but a farm track with huge drops and no fence, also fallen stones and boulders + a large number of potholes and dry streams across it. Mrs R32 drove and was a calm as a cucumber, and Betty behaved perfectly - we got there. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this road because it was mostly too dodgy to stop at the really impressive bits.

However having driven down the other side of the mountain through spectacular scenery including this single track bridge over a gorge we then decided to go and look for the skilifts at 'resort Z' as pictured by the Swirly crew in winter ..... It took us a good while to find them!! Two baby lifts in a nice field by a Gite and then up a road in the forest to another Gite where we found the lifts in question - you can just make out two if you look carefully, and there's also a picture of the piste - black - very at the top. The shorter lift does the bottom bit and the longer lift the whole thing but in the woods. Looks like fun! Very Happy The road will be fine for the van in winter so if the occasion arises with the right students at the right time - Col ????? here I come. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
The rest of the photos
I should also say that we had excellent entertainment at the first Gite mentioned watching one of the ponies getting loose from it's field on the other side of the road, going off to visit his mates and eventually being caught, then being very mulish about going back to his own field. Laughing Laughing Dog32 was really well behanved all day as well. Very Happy
latest report
I was up today and was pleasantly surprised. Very Happy It really wasn't significantly worse that 10 days ago when I was last up. At 10ish the Puy Salié looked quite good, although it did end up looking nasty at 13.00. Still the sun was shining, the snow was soft and forgiving for the kids with me, and there were a goodly number of people up there having fun. It was relatively polite in the queues too. Very Happy Very Happy
Pix of the Puy Salié and also the nursery slope, which actually looks much worse than it turned out to be.
snow report
easiski, nice pics, thanks for posting - making me realise how much I need a holiday!
snow conditions
jonm, thanks for saying so, it's nice to know someone's reading it! Very Happy

I'm not going up today, but it's warm and sunny down here. The forecast suggests that it will stay like this until closing at the end of the month.
latest report
easiski wrote:
jonm, thanks for saying so, it's nice to know someone's reading it! Very Happy
easiski, this thread's been viewed over 7000 times, and I for one love reading your reports. I'm sure we all do, it's just that most of us don't post to say so. Keep them coming, please! snowHead
ski holidays
easiski, Agree with RachelQ, snowHead
snow report
Agree! Helps one survive summer waiting for the snow again Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, Never stop posting, always a great read, and great photos. Very Happy
snow conditions
Still looking decent easiski, although it may not seem it...

Just to show how good L2A still appears to be...

Compare it to the glacier I did the Anwarter (Kitzsteinhorn/Kaprun, yesterday): http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=32174
They're only running the toplift, which has almost no snow, and it is probably less then half of the Lauze lift... everything but the top 1/5th of the glacier is totally bare... Sad

And even though i'm not posting here a lot, I always check this thread! Keep the pics coming !
snow report
blytht wrote:
easiski, NeverAgree stop posting, always a great read, and great photos. Very Happy

agree 100%
snow report
Thanks everyone. I never know if the views are accidental or people enjoying it, and I'd done 6 posts without any comment at all, so I was feeling a bit Sad

It was boiling hot yesterday (over 30degs in the town), and I took the van over to the excellent garage in La Grave to have the driver's seat changed over. For those who know it the posh looking blue leather seat is coming out and my old Scorpio seat is going in. I should have lots more comfort when driving from now on. Very Happy Anyway the drive was beautiful as always and Mrs R32 came too to bring me back. We took a nice little walk by the river with Dog32 who enjoyed paddling in one of the only shallower and safer bits we could find. Very Happy

We saw an idiot family allowing 2 kids about 7 and 10 to play by jumping from rock to rock a bit further down the river. Look at the water in the background of the pic .... anyone falling in that would be swept away and there would be nothing anyone could do about it. Mrs R32 was annoyed because she said 'that's why our local waterfall is all fenced off now and you have to pay'. Some parents should be strung up. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ wrote:
this thread's been viewed over 7000 times, and I for one love reading your reports. I'm sure we all do, it's just that most of us don't post to say so. Keep them coming, please! snowHead

Easiski I agree with Rachel and Blyths comments and the summer pics look lovely
latest report
easiski, Resort Q actually;-) It looked different with 30 cm of fresh snow on the base! Interesting to see it in summer. https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/DPP_0029.JPG is a photo of Scottish Skier in the trees on the left of the photo with the piste in it.

Really missing being out there now.
ski holidays
Swirly, Apologies! I thought that one was Megamum's - Doh! Big thunderstorm at the mo, and it's been very hot again today. I'm just getting my waterproofs on to walk up to the village. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
easiski, Love the pics and the reports, I'm going to use them to persuade Mrs Haddoock that we should gop to the alps in the summer as well as the winter. Keep it up
ski holidays
easiski, no, not clicking on here by accident! We're all avid LDA watchers Cool .
snow report
Mountain Haddock, maggi, Thanks. Especially with the non-snow reports I wasn't sure if they were wanted or not. Now I know I'll carry on, although pix of my DIY efforts wouldn't be worth a look. Laughing Laughing
snow report
easiski, I always have a smile on my face when I see you've posted again Very Happy
snow report
easiski, I'm all for showing people how fantastic the Alps is in the summer. I think folks think it is bare and barren instead of green and floral, with snow thrown in for good measure.
snow report
The Alpes are fantastic in the summer and winter, I think the pictures are great!!! Thanks easiski, Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski,

Yip, all your pics are much appreciated. Very Happy
snow conditions
I was in the alps in summer for the first time on the fast and easy camp - I was stunned by the variety and amount of wild flowers.
ski holidays
easiski, another following your posts without commenting but I do love to see the way the snow and the glacier go over the summer season. Excellent pics and keep 'em coming Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy