Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's all over for another year :-(

Poster: A snowHead
I can't find the support thread for those whose season is over, but I guess its most of us now Sad. 2 years ago I probably wouldn't have worried, but now it really seems to matter that I can't ski for another year. It's now become something that I find is huge fun with the potential for a huge sense of personal achievement when you manage to ski something that you couldn't before. I wanna win the lottery!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum wrote:
I wanna win the lottery!!!

After me you can wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, You can win the lottery as long as you promise to buy a ski resort that provides door to door free transport and free accommodation for SnowHeads!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This season has flown by. Enjoyed it so, hopefully I shall experience all of the 2009-10 season from the Alps.

Hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful season. snowHead

Sad to see the snow melt, but wonderful to see the mountain pastures in all their glory.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IFIRC there are several snowHeads in Tignes at the moment still enjoying the end of season snow Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was doing OK till I realised the T-bars have been taken off the Ptarmigan T-bar in the past few days and with that the fading hope for a May Day Holiday slide on CairnGorm has evaporated. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still skiing here - in Washington State (last day at White PAss today), Oregon (Bachelor, Hood, Timberline) and BC (Whistler). PLenty of snow left Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
looks like snow down to 1800m on the Courchevel webcam, still time for a mayday weekender....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gortonator, TMI Evil or Very Mad wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got back to London last night after four weeks in Chamonix. Have decided that if I don't actually unpack my bags and skis then I can pretend I'm still there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly wrote:
Megamum, You can win the lottery as long as you promise to buy a ski resort that provides door to door free transport and free accommodation for SnowHeads!

On which we can travel with any number of pairs of skis, no weight limits whatsoever and with ski boots in any bag we like! Toofy Grin snowHead Little Angel

(Well that's the new thread count down 50% next winter already)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plenty of snow out there and more falling

Just had a text from the DC'ers (Dawn Chorus) in Tignes

Quote:

Powder Day in Tignes. A few inches overnight and it's still dumping down. The slopes are deserted. No traffic problems to report.

I have sent a suitable reply Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Winterhighland, you don't have skins?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Webcam-Monetier-le-Bachas-en . Heartbreaking, closed and all that snow falling Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
Only 3 days before I hit Tignes for a last blast ! Sorry to all those who are already depressed but at least I have deferred that emotion for a week or so
latest report
I can never understand this. There are lots of places in europe where you can ski in summer with a 10 week season, + Zermatt is open 365 days per year AIUI. If you're so sad and depressed and desparate, then GO SKIING! Shocked (La Grave is open until next weekend too. Very Happy ) In addition, you can ski much more cheaply in the summer than in winter, you can camp in a tent if you want, everything except liftpasses are much cheaper, even they are a bit cheaper .... no chains etc. to worry about, and if you don't have children you can even get out in June and probably ski down to around 2,600 - 2,400m ... OK, you can't travel 100Kms perday - well you can but you'd have to go up and down a lot, but there are other good things about skiing. Very Happy
ski holidays
On the chairlift on Friday I could hear the snow melting beneath me, and the spring flowers pushing through the soil. (Spring had returned to Beaumont's Mountain). We are not necessarily off our skis for a whole year however; only until we visit easiski, or the new snowdome (somewhere down south). Anyone fancy a trip to Chile?
snow report
I've got to wait until March 2010! The long summer evenings are not going to fly by... Sad
snow report
I've had such a disappointing season that I might go to Tignes late June to make up for it. But flying to Geneva from up north is tricky Sad
latest report
mark_s, Think appropriate flights from Newcastle finished a few weeks ago. We had to drive to Stanstead (for Turin mind not Geneva)
ski holidays
mark_s, you'd only have to drive to East Midlands for Geneva - and maybe there are flights from further north, too.
snow report
easiski, I think it's all a bit tongue in cheek really - we just love to have a gripe - the great "whingeing Pom" culture lives! As you say, summer skiing can be done more cheaply than winter, and if someone's desperate to ski & can afford the time & money, it's out there readily available - I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my week in LDA last June; combining summer activities & weather with skiing was magical.
snow conditions
well I still have a week of touring in the Engadine to look forward to. Twisted Evil
the new snow is welcome - hope it consolidates nicely in time for my arrival (it wouldn't be the end of the world skiing powder lines all week but I am hoping to get up Piz Bernina) Cool
ski holidays
Butterfly, Too true, its the time and money aspect. easiski, if that lottery win comes up I'll come and book snowheads a week of private hire of that there glacier you use for a couple of weeks snowHead
snow report
pam w, we are assuming thatmark_s, is old enough for a car and a driving licence.
ski holidays
Megamum, Just checking before I decide what wax to put on the skis, you do play the lottery dont you? NehNeh
ski holidays
mark_s, There are Geneva flights with Jet2 from Leeds/Bradford and EasyJet from Manchester or Edinburgh in the Summer.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As I said in another thread

There is the Summer season to look forward to - Snowdome meets, Ski testing, BBQ's and ski shows.

Always fun to be had with Snowheads.
ski holidays
Dwarf Vader, sounds like another thread to me "SH fun in the summer" or something like that!
latest report
Butterfly, indeed Jet2 were the closest I could find. I didn't realise that easyJet flew from Manchester and Edinburgh during the summer though.

pam w, Helen Beaumont, I am indeed old enough to own a car and have a driving license...but I've had a provisional for three years and haven't had one lesson yet Sad. Plus there'll be a group of about 8 of us, so it'd be a bit inconvenient. Leeds is looking the best option.
latest report
mark_s, how come you haven't had a lesson yet?
ski holidays
HH, I just never got round to booking them. That'll hopefully change this summer after my exams though.
ski holidays
JulesB, Fast 'n Easy?
snow report
mark_s, This tells you dates/times of flights.
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/planning/index.asp
ski holidays
pam w we already have our holiday dates and they don't coincide.
snow report
pam w wrote:
JulesB, Fast 'n Easy?
just a rumour surely?
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, that's a shame. Crying or Very sad

mark_s, you could probably do Lyon - why Tignes? There's something happening here at that time. wink wink
snow report
JulesB, Laughing
ski holidays
RPF, I play by direct debit so I don't miss a draw!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy