Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shipping ski and snowboard gear to New Zealand from the US

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Pat Moore, an arthritic ski and snowboard racer from the states. My wife and I have never been to New Zealand but we're saving up for a trip in a year or two.

I run online sales for a ski and board shop in Connecticut and we've been selling a lot of gear to New Zealand and Australia but are restricted to the length of the package. The US Postal Service won't allow parcels over 60" (153 cm) so that pretty much elimates skis and boards. We do sell a lot of boots, helmets, and apparel but would like to give you the opportunity to take advantage of our closeout prices (our winter, sadly, is over up here). I've tried UPS but costs still seem prohibitively high. Have any of you discovered a more cost effective method of shipping from the US?

We may be experimenting with BONGO International but that's not in place yet and purchases will be subject to a 6% Connecticut sales tax because BONGO is also located in our state.

I'd appreciate any guidance you might share.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 22-04-09 15:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
problem is kit is so much cheaper here in the UK than it is in the US, as much as 40% less on many items to give you an example the atomic B120 boot on your website sells at full price over here at £240 ...thats about $336 at 1.4 $ to the £ which is less than your close out price.........and yep it is pricey to ship anything trans atlantic...thats why most brits buy over here Little Angel Little Angel

welcome to snowHead 's BTW
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting first spam or is this just a cut & paste job from your spam on an Oz/Kiwi ski site? Otherwise which winter are you referring to?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, you got to humour them occasionally Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry it it came across as spam. We do a lot of business in New Zealand and Australia but it's limited to helmets, bindings, apparel, etc. We get a lot of requests for skis and boards and have to disappoint the customers. Clearly USPS Priority International is the least expensive approach but package size limitations preclude using them. I'm in discussion with UPS International about getting lower rates but not sure they can make it attractive enough. Your site attracts visitors from all over the world. I was just checking to see if any of you have found a more reasonable method of shipping.

I'm hoping those of you living in the southern hemisphere have a great winter. We had an exceptional one in the states. My season ended abruptly on March 28th with a fractured ankle at the NASTAR Nationals in Steamboat. I have seven months to heal before I'm back on my board and skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
patmoore,
As CEM said things are great value in the UK at the moment. One thing that puts me off buying from the US is the delivery costs. I have found a number of greatly reduced sale items i'd like to buy from the US. However I cannot find a reasonable way to get large items shipped with out bringing the overall cost to more than what we can get it for here.
I hate couriers for deliveries to private addreses too. We all have to work whether we like it or not and cant take time off to recieve packages and be in between certain hours when the courier may or may not turn up. And why cant they call 30 min before they get there like you request rather than when they are outside or after they have left with your parcel. Sorry starting to rant Toofy Grin but I recieve consistiently crap service from couriers all companies I've dealt with are equally rubbish for private deliveries. They are great for deliveries between business addresses during working hours.
Glad i got that out of my system Shocked.

If you do find a way to deliver you'll get a lot more international sales.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
patmoore wrote:
Shipping ski and snowboard gear to New Zealand from the US

If it's a spam it's a very imaginative spam.

I know a hell of a lot about shipping ski and snowboard gear from the US to New Zealand, which was originally undertaken by Captain James Cook on his ship 'The Endeavour' in 1769. His log of 6 October stated:

"I'm really stoked. Look at that terrain. Where's the chairlift?"
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its no spam. His web site is very good and Bongo is an interesting shiping concept but still not cost effective for skis n boards.

patmoore, perhaps you can keep us posted if you find a better way to ship the big stuff.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy