Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdome crowds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
During the summer I used to occasionally go 9am sunday morning to chillfactore to get some turns in but as *soon* as we had a few cold days the place was packed. If I have to queue for more than about 3 people while skiing laps it becomes a waste of time due to the length of the slope - waiting for a clear path to do a run gets tedious too.

When do these places tend to get quiet again? Obviously hemel is going to be rammed due to it's opening.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
narc, Are you sure that you didn't pick the point last year when the CFe race club switched to Sunday mornings ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs wrote:
narc, Are you sure that you didn't pick the point last year when the CFe race club switched to Sunday mornings ?

I don't think so, all these people were 'normal' skiers. Wouldn't have been so bad if they were racers as I wouldn't be waiting at the top for a clear space to get through all the people.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
narc, my child skis there on a Saturday morning at 9. It has been very quiet since mid March. It was only very busy at this time on a Sat mid Jan-mid March. As we are leaving between 10 and 11 it is getting busier. It's also very quiet Tues-Thurs mornings. rjs is right about CFe race club but I think they train 7-9 so it should be clear by 9.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we took my nephew for a party there today and they;d had a race, and there were posters advertising races through the summer, all running on sundays. the local club, as far as I'm aware, trains at some ungodly hour on a sunday morning. the slope itslef was empty at about 1pm when we were there,
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was at sno zone Glasgow 9-12 on Friday and shared the slope only with a BASI boarding course and about six others through the morning. FWIW I wasn't terribly impressed with the state of the poma track, mostly frozen matting with little snow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, The race today finished at about noon after starting at 7:30.

The summer races are on Saturdays not Sundays, the first is on the 9th of May.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was at the MK dome first thing on Saturday and the place was pretty much empty. I was doing one of their group coaching sessions (about 10 of us) - and there were probably only an addtional 10 people in there.

Don't know if this is specific to MK - but I guess most people prefer the idea of enjoying the nice weather rather than stood in a fridge ... but not me!! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the reports.

Sounds like it's now clear enough to be worth occasionally hitting the 12 degree 100ft vert uber gnar of the fridges. Time to dig out the polarx wax.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy