Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know much about Courchevel La Praz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of going to Courchevel 1850 next week (5th of February), one of my friends is going skiing with his girlfriend (3rd week skiers), and wants to do it on a budget.

What is Courchevel La Praz like? Is it suitable for third week skiers? What are the runs down to La Praz like?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Praz is really sweet. It's a real village, not a resort and even has real people living there Shocked many of whom work in the other Courchevel resorts.
It's a lot less xpensive than the other stations (particularly nice little creperie there).
The runs down are very pleasant indeed, being tree lined all the way and never busy but... there is no Blue Run access to it. There's a lovely black, Jean Blanc and a red which isn't really scary but it depends a lot on your friends' attitude to red runs generally.

However, there is a bubble down from Courch 1850 and one from the Col de Loze peak (there or the Chenus) but that's not so much fun is it.

Yes good, cheep access to Courchevel's skiing, atmospheric and the transfer from moutier must be little more than 20mins snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Wouldn't any of the other Courchevel satelites work just as well in terms of price (and better re: access?)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i think la praz is probs the cheapest option. stayed there 4 or 5 years ago. its nice, but a bit quiet, dont know hwo much partayin you wanna do. it seems to be peopular with the older generation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="admin"]
It's a lot less xpensive than the other stations (particularly nice little creperie there).quote]

In a restaurant in La Praz, having just been fleeced 22 Euro for 2 house special aperitif (Kir Royale), looking at the the exorbitantly priced wine list I asked the waiter if he had any 'house' wine. He replied in a monty pythonesque french accent ' I have 400 house wines, all excellent' Razz ! Indeed the wine was good but I left the restaurant with a bruised wallet! I'd hate to go and eat in 1850!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Le Praz is the nicest of the Courchevel villages...as admin says, real people live there. It's small enough that where ever you stay it's only a couple of mins walk to the gondolas. When I stayed there the Jean Blanc run was shut, which made the red quite busy....but if you time it right it's not a bad run. There's also a bus that goes between Le Praz and 1850/1650 so if you stay out later, then you can still get back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What about just staying in La Tania, i'd have thought as cheap or cheaper maybe that La Praz, blue back to the resort which is usually well pisted, gondola and chair and you are into Courchevel 1850 or turn right for Meribel

www.latania.co.uk for all things La Tania Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Runs down to Le Praz are pretty lethal but you could always get the bubble down from the top. Id stay in La Tania though - much cheaper and easier to get home- a blue, a red and a bubble! We had a fantastic time there, no 6euro diet cokes to be had there!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
no 6euro diet cokes

We didn't find any of them in 1850 either. Usually cost at least 10!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elizabeth B, this was at the restaurant next to the airport - I gave up on soft drinks and hit the wine - it was cheaper!
La Tania- 2 Vin Chauds and a huge cheeseburger and chips - 15E, not bad for piste side eating!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys. It's not really an issue for me, I'm going with my friend who is an excellent skier, and we want somewhere with decent nightlife. Courchevel 1850 is looking like the most promising at the moment for us. It's for my friends, one of whom is a pretty confident red run skier, his other half however, has the ability but not the confidence. As they're a couple as well, nightlife isn't so important for them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Le Praz is definately not the cheapest of the Courchevel's. It has great connection to 1850 and is easy access to Meribel via road too. La Tania is by far the cheaper option. After that it's probably 1650 as it's not actually easily connected to 1850. It's better than it was, but you still have to get a bus up to 1850 in the mornings, which you don't from Le Praz. It does have something that some of the other stations miss a bit though, and yes there is quite a lot of real people that live there aswell as seasonnaires.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would agree with Ski Academy, however 3rd year skiers should be able to cross to 1850 on gentle blue and green runs. We are off to 1650 next week, group of 17 there are a couple of 3rd year skiers with us and I am sure they will make it. If not there is always the bus.

Chalet holidays in Courchevel are the best value and I am sure with a couple of the northerners we have with us they will find the expensive places to drink and will avoid them, they have a day to get to know them as we arrive on the sunday. Good luck. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Too sum up what we all decided, my friends ended up in Courchevel 1850, and had a great time skiing, but found it rather pricy otherwise. Myself and my ski buddy ended up in Zermatt, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for everyones comments, it looks like I'll have to save the three valleys for another year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy