Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OSBE Proton Helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just to let you lot know about the new helmet i got today.

i dont really think i'm qualified to do a review but i'll give me thoughts anyway.
Incidently i have no relationship wtih any company that sells this stuff or know anyone that does. i'm more than happy to provide details where i got it and how much i paid.

anyway, got new helmet this morning and being a kid went straight thru to snozone. From intial mucking about with it i'd say that the fit for me is good (i have a huge head) and the visor is excellent in terms of allowing peripheral vision.
Although didn't wear the visor down for long as felt a bit of a prat wearing it in what is basically an oversized fridge.

i'm sure there are downsides to it but so far none that i can think of. Also being a child i do think th evisor looks cool Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mugen, S, one of these helmets with a visor eh? You may get some derision on here as there are a some that might think they look as 'naff' as you think they look 'cool'. However, regardless of what they look like I'm interested in them from a practicality perspective. I wear glasses, and would normally wear prescription sunnies on blue sky days. On preciptitation days I resort to contacts and goggles as the specs start to fog up and the cold makes my eyes stream. However, I don't like goggles as I think they cause a lack of periferal vision. Also, goggles can also start to fog if they get damp inside.

Although you may not wear glasses, how suitable do you think these visored helmets would be for those that do please? Also do you think that the visor would fog or do you think that the passage of air would keep it clear? Also, if you fell over do you think that the visor would resist breakage or might it crack and cause a cut face. I really do think that a visored helmet might be a great solution for those that wear specs, esp. if they cannot wear contacts so any comments which might help those of us in that situation would be interesting. Also, I'd be interested know what it cost you. Cheers!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and can we please have a pic wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum wrote:
mugen, S, one of these helmets with a visor eh? You may get some derision on here as there are a some that might think they look as 'naff' as you think they look 'cool'. However, regardless of what they look like I'm interested in them from a practicality perspective. I wear glasses, and would normally wear prescription sunnies on blue sky days. On preciptitation days I resort to contacts and goggles as the specs start to fog up and the cold makes my eyes stream. However, I don't like goggles as I think they cause a lack of periferal vision. Also, goggles can also start to fog if they get damp inside.

Although you may not wear glasses, how suitable do you think these visored helmets would be for those that do please? Also do you think that the visor would fog or do you think that the passage of air would keep it clear? Also, if you fell over do you think that the visor would resist breakage or might it crack and cause a cut face. I really do think that a visored helmet might be a great solution for those that wear specs, esp. if they cannot wear contacts so any comments which might help those of us in that situation would be interesting. Also, I'd be interested know what it cost you. Cheers!

derision is a constant friend of mine Smile anyway in a few months they'll be all the rage...

obviously i've not been on a mountain with it but as far as i can see unless you have a mouth like plug from the bash street kids it shouldn't fog.
with regard to the visor as far as i can tell if you have a fall that breaks it you'll have a lot more to worry about than a broken visor.
Also you can wear specs under it and you can also remove the visor and use goggles..
i tried to see if it would fog by breathing up onto it and even then it only fogged at the lower part and didn't obscure vision.

it cost me 98.50 that included p&p. on the site it is shown as being higher, if you purchase pm me and i'll give you details how to get for 98.50.
below is the link

http://www.gatwickdistribution.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3

hope thats helpful, btw i got a black one
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, at the moment its just an idea until I win the lottery, the company your link points to is the one I also found when I checked earlier - what a diverse portfolio they seemed to deal with!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum wrote:
Thanks, at the moment its just an idea until I win the lottery, the company your link points to is the one I also found when I checked earlier - what a diverse portfolio they seemed to deal with!!

yup, i spoke to the guy and he got into the ski helmets after his daughter had a bit of tumble
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very, "I am your father Luke" snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Very, "I am your father Luke" snowHead

funny said the same to my son when i showed him..
that probably says more about me than anything Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mugen wrote:
it cost me 98.50 that included p&p. on the site it is shown as being higher, if you purchase pm me and i'll give you details how to get for 98.50.
below is the link

Hi there. I'm interested in buying and will be going through the same guys you used. Would be very happy to hear how you secured your discount, please. Also, I guess you bought the Proton I, not the Proton Twin?

Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have one of these helmets. I use it with glasses. It fogs up if it is v cold and you have a buff up round your nose (as do goggles) but I think it is of definite benefit to glasses wearers. It also sometimes fogs if it is v cold just after you put the visor down but it clears after a few minutes. As I say not perfect but an improvement on goggles with a prescription insert which I had no joy with whatsoever. Mine came with 2 visors, orange for flat light, and black for bright sun. The visors seem very tough. Not to be faffing about with goggles after lunch is great, and the all round visibility is defo better than wearing the blinkerlike goggles.
Also I bought mine in desperation in Verbier, if you think 99 squid is alot of money, believe me it seems like a bargain to me!

No chance of a photo though, I look like a prize plonker in it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy