Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who owns Spyder gear?

Poster: A snowHead
Spyderman wrote:

You've got a serious jacket/boot colour clash going on here. But it demonstrates that you choose your boots based on performance rather than kit matching like some punters wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
uktrailmonster, how do you know he isn't just colour blind?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fook Shocked is this still running !

And why do all the pics demonstrate face and ass planting technique? Buy Spyder gear and ensure that you look like a prat when you fall over? . . . . . OOOh [Stewie voice] Well that's a non sequitur [/Stewie voice]
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, Funny you should say that -I was thinking the same thing when I looked in last night. Gives me more reason to stick with my Mountain Equipment set up Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
uktrailmonster wrote:
You've got a serious jacket/boot colour clash going on here. But it demonstrates that you choose your boots based on performance rather than kit matching like some punters wink

Oh I dunno... this could've been worse.... Twisted Evil

Copywright FastEddie... reproduced with no permission whatsoever... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Schuss in Boots, Wait till November, you are so dead. Twisted Evil

uktrailmonster, Red ones have gone now, but I do buy on performance rather than what matches, besides I've got so many different colour items of kit, it's never going to match.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, Hmmmm I realise I may have made a major tactical error above... either that or by booking up for November... Skullie Skullie Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been away one week and come back to find the thread has gone way, way off my opening post! Laughing

Anyway, the funniest thing happened. My hotel room in Bangkok was broken in to and my shiny new Spyder gear (along with other things) was stolen. I spent a wonderful evening in a Bangkok police station getting a crime reference number (very hard to come by in Bangkok) in order to claim on my insurance.

The good news is I changed £400 at a currency exchange two days later and they miscounted and gave me £500 worth of Bhat. With the extra £100 I went back to the shop and bought it all again. Karma works in very strange ways.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Karma works in very strange ways....

And next week you will lose your job, which is probably what happened to the poor sod who miscounted your baht.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hmmmmmmmmmmm -a theif with no taste Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Karma works in very strange ways....

And next week you will lose your job, which is probably what happened to the poor sod who miscounted your baht.

Firstly I don't have a job to lose so I'm safe on that front.

Secondly, the member of staff responsible did not count the bhat out to me, just handed it to me. I did not realise the mistake until I was in a hotel room 30km away. If that 'poor sod' actually gave a crap about his job and performed the simplest of tasks as he was supposed to, the mistake would never have been made.

Are you telling me you would have got back in a taxi and gone back to the airport to hand it back? Exactly. I'm pretty sure if they realised they had short changed me they wouldn't have called the local police, provided my passport number to them and come to find me to hand my money back.

Some people.... rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NomadicBoo, you were the one talking about karma. If that's what you believe, then expect this piece of dishonesty to come back and bite you on the ass.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NomadicBoo, I'm with you rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
NomadicBoo, you were the one talking about karma. If that's what you believe, then expect this piece of dishonesty to come back and bite you on the ass.

Dishonesty? Dishonesty is defined as to act without honesty; a lack of probity, to cheat, lying or being deliberately deceptive.

I had my hotel room broken in to, my Ipod stolen, my speakers stolen and my new Spyder gear stolen as well as a load of other clothes. I see this small payment back to me as a token of goodwill from Karma. There was no lieing, cheating or delibrate deception on my part just a small amount of good fortune. If the clerk had counted it out to me as he was supposed to the mistake would have been noticed early enough to be rectified.

You know nothing about my character, so I would rather you keep your opinions about me to yourself. In the last couple of years I've run and donated money towards a childrens football team in London. I've volunteered at an animal care centre in India to help prevent the spread of rabies, and taught English for free in numerous countries. I like to think that I'm quite a good person thanks.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NomadicBoo, I wouldn't worry about it. Can't say Lizzard, has had anything nice to say to me ever.

Lizzard, that "poor sod" was obviously in the wrong job to start with if they can't even be bothered counting out the money.
latest report
HH wrote:
NomadicBoo, I wouldn't worry about it. Can't say Lizzard, has had anything nice to say to me ever.

Lizzard, that "poor sod" was obviously in the wrong job to start with if they can't even be bothered counting out the money.

It amazes me. Most people would just say sorry to hear you were robbed! Oh well Karma will take care of Lizzard too wink
ski holidays
Quote:

I had my hotel room broken in to

You make it sound as though you commissioned someone to do it. Laughing

And I suggest that if you didn't feel vaguely guilty about the whole business you wouldn't be falling over yourself to explain to a random stranger what a good person you are.
latest report
[quote="Lizzard"]
Quote:

And I suggest that if you didn't feel vaguely guilty about the whole business you wouldn't be falling over yourself to explain to a random stranger what a good person you are.

This says more about you than it does me if you think the only reason to defend your character is out of guilt? I, like most people, percieve my character as one of my most important traits and therefore worthy of defence should it wrongly come under scrutiny. Having it publicly questioned by someone who is confident enough to do so when they're hid behind a computer screen (brave) is both annoying and disappointing. Ah well though. I shall rise to the bait no more.

You're now officially disconnected.
ski holidays
NomadicBoo, ahem. You started this thread by saying that you were thinkiing of buying ski gear which you strongly suspected was counterfeit. You then told us all you pocketed cash which wasn't yours.

Clearly you are a saint.
snow conditions
Lizzard,
Quote:

strongly suspected was counterfeit

Actually, he didn't.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Hi. Just popped in. One comment... "FFS, is this still going???"
latest report
I wouldn't say "it's going". It's spinning around like dying insect.
snow report
HH wrote:
Lizzard,
Quote:

Actually, he didn't.

Laughing Laughing

Thank you HH. Lizzard if you actually bothered to read the OP you would realise I strongly believed it NOT to be counterfeit.
ski holidays
NomadicBoo wrote:
HH wrote:
Lizzard,
Quote:

Actually, he didn't.

Laughing Laughing

Thank you HH. Lizzard if you actually bothered to read the OP you would realise I strongly believed it NOT to be counterfeit.

Just 'fallen off the back of a tuk tuk'. wink
snow report
Sod it, I really really meant not to post again on this thread, but I couldn't stop myself from having a quick look - and then look what happened.

I would like to point out that my above post takes no moral stand one way or the other on the issue (I'm keeping my views to myself so as not to get flamed by either side). Smile
snow report
NomadicBoo wrote:
HH wrote:
Lizzard,
Quote:

Actually, he didn't.

Laughing Laughing

Agreed, but you did go out and buy it again knowing it to be counterfeit.
latest report
Spyderman,
Quote:

but you did go out and buy it again knowing it to be counterfeit.

Can't say I have any moral problems with people buying clothing knowing them to be couterfeit.
latest report
Spyderman,
Quote:

Did he? He seemed to be asking for a lot of advice as he thought he'd got the real thing, albeit off the back of a lorry/tuk tuk; that is different to KNOWING it is counterfeit.

I'm also of the opinion that either way well done him. That satll holder managed to put food on the table thanks to people buying his stuff. As for the clerk in the money exchange, lazy sod needs to get his act together before he gets my sympathy.

NomadicBoo, hope you got some new gear AND I am very sorry you were robbed, I've had that happen a few times and it's pretty gutting. I'm glad you got the extra £100.

Lizzard, I wonder if we'd actually get on if we met in real life?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HH wrote:
Spyderman,
Quote:

Did he? He seemed to be asking for a lot of advice as he thought he'd got the real thing, albeit off the back of a lorry/tuk tuk; that is different to KNOWING it is counterfeit.

Yes, he did.

Originally, as you say, he came on thinking it was genuine but asking for advice on tat.

After he was robbed, he went back and bought a replacement, by which time he knew it was counterfeit due to the explanation by spyderman

Quote:

I'm also of the opinion that either way well done him. That satll holder managed to put food on the table thanks to people buying his stuff.

Agreed. I have no issue with that at all. If there is any moral issue at all there IMO, it is with the manufacturers of the counterfeit goods.

Quote:

As for the clerk in the money exchange, lazy sod needs to get his act together before he gets my sympathy.

That one is a little less clear cut IMO. But if he didn't discover the gain until some hours later, when a long way from where he got the money, I can understand just keeping it.
ski holidays
Quote:

That one is a little less clear cut IMO. But if he didn't discover the gain until some hours later, when a long way from where he got the money, I can understand just keeping it.

Exactly and the clerk hadn't even been bothered to count it out.
snow report
HH,

NomadicBoo, asked for advice on 16/04 as to it's authenticity, he bought the stuff, posted photos. I clearly told him on the 21/04 that what he'd bought was fake. It was then stolen and he re-purchased the stuff on the 02/05.
First time was unknowing purchase of counterfeit goods, but the second was most certainly not.
ski holidays
Would anybody take the extra cash back? I know I wouldn't. Look after number 1 i say. Good luck to youNomadicBoo, Cool
ski holidays
MJS wrote:
Would anybody take the extra cash back? I know I wouldn't. Look after number 1 i say. Good luck to youNomadicBoo, Cool

If I had discovered it immediately or very shortly afterwards, yes I would.

If it had been some hours later, when I was miles away (which is what NomadicBoo says was the case), possibly not.
snow conditions
alex_heney, I agree. Like to think what goes around comes around.
ski holidays
Quote:

Lizzard, I wonder if we'd actually get on if we met in real life?

Shouldn't think so for an instant. I am a thoroughly repulsive individual altogether. Laughing
snow report
Lizzard, Laughing
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
MJS wrote:

If I had discovered it immediately or very shortly afterwards, yes I would.

If it had been some hours later, when I was miles away (which is what NomadicBoo says was the case), possibly not.

Me too.
snow report
midgetbiker, and me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy