Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it really going to get more expensive next season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being an ex-pat, I've spent the past ten years following exchange rates and exchange rate forecasts rather closely. From what I can tell, the forecasts are accurate about 51% of the time. As for any countries leaving the Euro, it's hard to imagine as the cost of doing so would be astronomical. In fact, there are more countries than ever clammering to get in due its perceived stability.

Back on topic, I just booked two weeks self-catering apartment in the Surselva for Christmas/New Years at a very reasonable price. No increase over last year's price, either. The only thing that will make this Christmas more expenisve than last for me is that we're doing a full two weeks rather than 10 days, and we're going to Switzerland rather than Austria so food and drink will be more expensive. More sandwiches in the pack and fewer on mountain lunches. More beer and home and fewer in the bar. I can live with that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've re-booked hotels for next year in Austria for less than I paid this year, same room, same week...

Exchange rate issues aside it should get cheaper as demand will be down as we are on the dole
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ami in berlin, no increase for you. 30% increase for us. For those wo have had to take a pay cut, the effect is even greater. I know it doesn't say it, but I think that the title of this thread relates to those of us paid in £ - and the price of the holiday converted into £. At the moment, the £ seems to be increasing in value again - so maybe good for holidays, if less good for business.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles,
Quote:
no increase for you. 30% increase for us.

Those of us with our savings and earnings in, or coming from, the UK have suffered just as much, if not more. This time last year my income from the UK equated to about 1300Euros a month - it is now down to about 750/800 Euros. Plus the bank in the UK charges me around 8 quid per ATM withdrawal. My savings are in UK Investment Bonds and more or less worthless so I'm leaving it there in the forlorn hope that things may just pick up some day.

Not nice and the reason I am looking for more work, to ensure that I can continue to live where I do.

I think any talk about countries leaving the Eurozone is just wishful thinking on the part of Eurosceptics. The IMF issued statements recently recommending certain currencies to switch to the Eurozone in order to strengthen their economies.

I certainly hope that the pound recovers so I can spend more time skiing and less working but before it recovers and stabilizes there has to be a belief that it is solid and not built of debt as it was before.

Sue

PS I cannot change my bank account as I do not have a UK address any more. I've already tried to switch to the Nationwide so that I can at least save the charges on the ATM - with a miserable result of No! Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

the bank in the UK charges me around 8 quid per ATM withdrawal

Shocked
Look at the Co-op bank's offshore current account - no need for a UK address. Information here: http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1193206370390,CFSweb/Page/Bank-CurrentAccounts

I have managed to do all this stuff the other way round - combination of half the hours and twice the pay means I am effectively earning four times as much as I did last season. Spiffy!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy