Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who skis when over the equivalent of the UK Drink/Drive level

Poster: A snowHead
I have a beer at lunchtime.

In the evening I enjoy my apres. I have skiied down from mountain huts (Edelweiss @ Obertauern, Goastall @ Hinterglemm) after four or five beers. Guilty. OK Goasstall is 100 metres, Edelweiss is 1 km. But guilty......... last thing at night.....

I'm a bad person. But I'll live with it.....

I don't drink anything when I drive, nor when I cycle....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unfortunately I only get to ski the mornings while my little nipper is in creche, so after lunch I'm only hammered looking after her and not engaged in the dangers of skiing. Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will suggest that this thread is a lovely example of sampling bias. And the sample does not represent the population at the tables next to me right now 2,000m above Champoluc...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ive only had 1 ski holiday but i barely drank at all.

Out on the slopes - too focussed on skiing (plus the prices)
Off the slopes - a bottle of 2 of beer with dinner, but generally too tired/thirsty.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, sounds like you should be checking in on this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51573&highlight=

Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
HH, go skiing while hammered, with little one in a backpack.

Take a few jumps

There that should annoy people Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris wrote:
HH, go skiing while hammered, with little one in a backpack.

Take a few jumps

There that should annoy people Toofy Grin

... but don't forget safety first - make sure you wear a helmet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We may have hot wine at eleven's and a beer or two with lunch and then some more later in the afternoon and then partake in apres, but hey......I can handle it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris, DB, Ok, but as I am a "safety girl", should the nipper wear a helmet aswell, and is there a correct way to hold poles while pi$$ed...is it different to when sober? Thanks in advance for your great advice and support.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a German phrase "nothing ever hurts drunks and small children"

If you get the child drunk too, this will make them doubley imune to accidents so no helmet is required.

My ski poles are invaluable to get me pissed..... They come with an inbuilt hip flask.

The child should not hold these as single malt is wasted on small children and only rot gut such as Grants or Famous Grouse can be used to dose the little blighter up.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HH,what age is your kid? i have a couple of spare lids that dont fit my nephew and niece anymore..let me know the size and i'll post you one over if it fits
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HH, the little nipper is only there to act as a portable air-bag for you. If they were wearing a helmet that would hurt when you landed on them - so no
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks guys. snowpatrol, think I'm daft enough to trust you with my address?

fatirishman, Where can I get a pair of those? How much do they cost? Less than a grande bier in courchevel? Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HH,damn that sceptical mind of yours........it was worth a try.......Boris, lol
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HH, The trick is to fill them with rum to be used in hot chocolate. This saves three Euros for a hot chocolate.

They're available on amazon here http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0012A959Y/sportiversumd-21?tag=amz07b-21

Less that twenty hot chocolates and they've paid for themselves. It is a truly wise investment. The more you drink the more you save. A half bottle fits between two poles. They sometimes get heavy but this can be easily remedied by decanting the liquid contained therewithin into your mouth.

I believe a grande bier at Courchevel is around 200 Euros so yes they are indeed a real bargain. If you sold the contents at Courchevel prices at Apres ski I am under the impression you can purchase a chateau and several servants.
snow report
If I hear correctly alcohol is not available on the skiing hills in America but is widely available in the mountain ski resorts of Europe.
Is the American 'accident' record any different to Europe because of this lack of drink ?
snow report
I quite like ski-ing when pissed. Definitely over the drink drive limit on a few occasions each week.

I must admit i thought my ski-ing in the afternoon after three pints of Belgian Hell-Raiser was smoother. It all seemed to flow so much better.
latest report
Don't drink during the day, not holier than thou , just makes me sleepy. Do drink at night ...keeps me awake!
ski holidays
PsychoBabble, actually you probably are holier than me - I'm not very holy at all
ski holidays
red 27, I sense a challenge! Have you ever jumped a blue roller knowing there was someone in the landing zone but done it anyway..with your poles strapped securely to your wrist...without a helmet...and a baby in your backpack?
latest report
Question of insurance is difficult for them to show as they will have to prove on the balance of probabilities if taken to court that you were under the influence and most courts will look for some sort of standard - likely in this country to be our drink drive standard. If that is the case then it is not unusual for the body to have a certain amount of natural blood alcohol in the system that is generated by bacteria in the blood, etc. They will have to show that you have more than that basic amount, even after a drink.
latest report
I usually have a pint at lunchtime and then another on that last run home. But I do have camelbak that I drink from all day in an attempt to remain hydrated as it is noticeable how much water you lose both in exercise and by being in a cold climate. As many others have said before, there is something liberating as you board down on the last stretch being the only people on the piste.
snow report
From a hangover point of view, I am told that there is nothing like the good mountain air in the morning to clear a bad head (don't get handgovers so lucky).
snow report
PsychoBabble, not when sober
ski holidays
yup i have boarded when over the drink drive limit.. tho probably first thing when i have got up at the crack of dawn for a powder day after a huge session.. my fave drink/boarding is piling out of an austrian bar up the mountain at 8 pm with only me, my mates, some trees and a few rocks to hurt..
ski holidays
Sometimes I'll have a beer at lunch, often not. A lot depends on how hard I have and intend to ski. Easy skiing, sunny day, much more inclined to have a beer.

Immediately before the last run I'll have 1-2 happily and then I'm probably pretty marginal but in my defence that's only regularly happened twice at the eosb and the run down is pretty deserted.

Got to say I'd be pretty fobbed off if someone skied in to me or mine and they reeked of beer.
latest report
does injecting cider count?
latest report
Give it a rest guys, can this one please slide into oblivion where it belongs?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Give it a rest guys, can this one please slide into oblivion where it belongs?

Not sure why this thread belongs in oblivion any more than many others?

Although it seems that at least one mod thinks it should die, since all of yesterday's posts got deleted.

If you really want it to die, can't you just lock it?
latest report
Boredsurfing, you can drink on US hills too. THe funny bit is what happens to yank cars when the driver has had a few too many and it's been snowing. Rear wheel drive tanks with big engines and a p1ssed driver don't make great snow combos...
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Although it seems that at least one mod thinks it should die, since all of yesterday's posts got deleted.

Yes Why?
ski holidays
alex_heney, it was restarted after a 4m break with what seemed to be some clumsy pimping. See Agenterres post in requests etc...
It now has a life of itsown - as so often.
ski holidays
When staying in Villard Reculas, a sleepy hamlet connected to Alpe d'Huez, it was de rigeur to stop at the final cafe for a surfeit of Grande Leffe. Because once you got back to Villard itself, there's sod all else to do.

This inevitably meant finishing the last few hundred metres of the home run in the dark, hammered and shouting.
latest report
stoatsbrother wrote:
alex_heney, it was restarted after a 4m break with what seemed to be some clumsy pimping. See Agenterres post in requests etc...
It now has a life of itsown - as so often.

I can understand deleting the "pimping" posts, but quite a few other posts went as well.

And it still doesn't explain why the thread "belongs in oblivion" any more than many other threads.
latest report
I teach/ski with a hip flask most days, best thing in the world to calm the nerves of the guests and lighten the mood on a horrible day. Also superb when trying new things off piste.

Open to the negatives but my rule is never ski drunk but a little can calm your nerves and relax your muscles.... upshot is less concentration on movements meaning easier skiing and stopping things breaking when you fall...
snow conditions
alex_heney, wasn't possible to split off the ones doing the pimping without the rest of the thread being senseless. A couple were done in error, but I was short of time as I was on my way to a christening. I do have a life. If you think you can do better, feel free to contact admin and volunteer. Yes, we are volunteers.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
alex_heney, wasn't possible to split off the ones doing the pimping without the rest of the thread being senseless.

Fairy snuff.

Quote:

A couple were done in error, but I was short of time as I was on my way to a christening. I do have a life. If you think you can do better, feel free to contact admin and volunteer. Yes, we are volunteers.

I know, and no I don't think I could do better. I think all you mods on here generally do a pretty good job.

My main comment was regarding your suggestion that the thread belongs in oblivion.
snow report
alex_heney, I don't know if any of yours went, but mine did and I was just going to take it on the chin and say nothing - mods are hero's in my book, they volunteer for the dirty work that lets us all play happily and if along the way they make a slight error I think we should just let it pass and allowed them to be 'human' every once in a while
ski holidays
Uni trip to Alpe D'Huez - 50 students eat an evening meal at top of mountain and consume as much wine as they can in the process. Then you get given a torch each that is actually on fire and told to make your own way down. I've never seen anything like it nor will I again. I d'dn't have a torch but captured the carnage on camcorder.

Most of this is focussed on skiing while on holiday. I'm sure there are plenty of snowheads that used to race while in Uni. My own experiance usually followed the following path - Leave Swansea with a many crates of beer arrive at Plymouth having drunk it all, then try to race. And in between races drink punch that the locals used to freely share. Looking back it was incredibly stupid and how I never had a serious accident is beyond me.

So to answer the question yes I have been over the limit on many occasions but very rarely on holiday.
snow conditions
To be honest, I barely drink at all when on a skiing trip.

In the evening Im always tired from a hard and long session on the mountain, and want to get to bed for an early start the following day.

I seem to be the only one Puzzled snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy