Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gate training at Hemel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Congrats, RachelQ! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RachelQ, I have some 151 slalom skis I'm selling, they're in the Buy & Sell thread if you're interested!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was crazy busy last night, almost impossible to get a clear run, and the snow was a bit too soft in the course and was breaking away through the quite offset stubbies. Hopefully next Thursday will be a bit quieter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sideshow_Bob, it will be. There was a large group from the Chatham ski slope who usually come every eight weeks I think, and another group from Peak Ski who re also very infrequent visitors. It did look manic on the slope Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1's Head WC skis are now standing in my kitchen and I keep looking at them and thinking OMG I've actually got a quiver! snowHead
It's just a shame I won't be able to try them out tomorrow at Hemel because I'm stuck at home with the lurgy, which might or might not be the unmentionable flu. Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How have the last couple of sessions been? Less busy than the first Thursday?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sideshow_Bob, yes, less busy, but still it takes a bit of navigating around the "mobile slalom poles". Last two sessions have been pretty good, with a very strong technique bias, and seem to be restricted to stubbies rather than full size poles (certainly resistance from the slope to having full poles last week - and we also only got stubbies last Monday too). We should be having Stuart tomorrow night, as Phil is on his way to Landgraaf for a 4 day weekend.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
these still going?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, Hemel have changed their training times to 7am on a Sunday Shocked so I'll be back for the Thursday sessions when I'm home! Am I going to be the only one?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I haven't been since the first Thursday night session due to a combination of holidays, flat moves, work and rowing training. Had I not got rowing training every weekend morning I'd jump at the Sunday 7am sessions over the Thursday nights: empty slope and empty motorways and there's nothing like cold air and fresh snow to clear a hangover Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I haven't been for a little while either, but looking at the Impulse website it seems they've changed to Monday evenings.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RachelQ wrote:
I haven't been for a little while either, but looking at the Impulse website it seems they've changed to Monday evenings.

Yep, they're back on Mondays.

Hemel moved the Saturday freestyle night to Thursdays. The first week was sort of ok with slope furniture on one side of the slope, but the last one we turned up for had slope furniture on both sides, plus netting - meaning that recreational skiers were down to a third of the width of the main slope.

Phil was not a happy bunny.

So. Back at Mondays until the end of October.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RachelQ wrote:

Yep, they're back on Mondays.

Hemel moved the Saturday freestyle night to Thursdays. The first week was sort of ok with slope furniture on one side of the slope, but the last one we turned up for had slope furniture on both sides, plus netting - meaning that recreational skiers were down to a third of the width of the main slope.

Phil was not a happy bunny.

So. Back at Mondays until the end of October.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have to make sure you book up if you want to come though - last night was fully booked (16 trainees, Phil coaching, with Gerrard as assistant). Tim managed to blag his way on as there was a no show, but it was touch and go for him for a while.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone still going to this? I've been in touch with Philbo about the Landgraaf weekend in September and will probably go along to some of these first.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy