Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian Resort for 09/10 Season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
boardbum wrote:
I spoke to a woman the other day who reckoned the snow in silver spring was much better than whistler. I did a season in whistler in 05/06, currently looking to go back to canada for a couple of years starting in october this year. My mates in whistler reckon the snow hasn't been that great over the past few seasons and that accommodation and jobs have been hard to come by. I was thinking about trying another resort, Banff sounds like a ball ache with all of the buses! Are there any other resorts in BC/Alberta that are ski in/ski out?

Whistler snow has been rather good in last 3 years, especially 07/08, which was an epic year. Was a slow start this season, but got going strong by jusf after Xmas and was still pretty darn good last weekend at end of May.

Silver Star, Sun Peaks, Apex, Big White, Panorama, kicking Horse, Fernie, Red, Kimberly, Sunshine and in theoru Revelstoke all ski-in out. Plenty of choice - depends what you want.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love Norquay, could spend a lot of time there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never been to canada so the value of my opinion is somewhat limited but I've always really fancied going to revelestoke, it gets more snowfall than whistler, is further inland so the snow should be drier than in whistler, more vertical than whistler and quite big.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rambotion, Revelstoke is definitely worth a visit. They had a poor snow year for them this year, but the conditions were still darn fine. Fabulous long, steep fall-line groomers, and incredible tree skiing and steeps.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gortonator wrote:
rambotion, Revelstoke is definitely worth a visit. They had a poor snow year for them this year, but the conditions were still darn fine. Fabulous long, steep fall-line groomers, and incredible tree skiing and steeps.

Second that, and the snow was excellent when we hit there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
embramalc what did you get sorted in the end? did you get a place for the London interviews? I am in exactly the same position as you but with my graduation beng the same wekend as interviews and no time confirmed I had couldnt request an interview untill a couple of weeks ago, by which time they were full Sad
Me and a friend had our hearts set on whistler but I can't find any jobs online and all accomodation is expensive with most blogs saying how difficult it is to get accomodation. Do you know if the Intrawest jobs fair is going ahead in Oct?
So i'm slowly having a change of heart to Banff. Is the travel really that bad? and that expensive?
I want to stay the entire season and meet lots of other young people, would banff be big enough to do that? How is the nightlife?

HELP!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Look into the Okanogen Valley BC, Silver Star, Big White, SunPeaks, Apex. These are all very good second tier resorts with some great features.

Inland, dryer snow. South from Banff region warmer. 3 decent sized (as centeral BC goes) cities with tourist based ecconomies, job options. Lower cost housing options too compared to Banff or Whistler. You will need cars if living in town but it would open up lots of options for you. Where ever you go enjoy the heck out of it; these are your good old days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On another note I keep hearing we are looking at a building El Nino for 09/10 season and usually that means less snow at least near the US border and more for Colorado. I'd look at who gets snow in El Nino years but I know it's not Red.

Hoping all the predictions are wrong but something else to add to the thought/selection process. I'm just glad the days will be getting shorter and winter is coming after tomorrow. Though I've had enough thin, marginal, depressing El Nino winters bring on more La Nina's.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get an RV (5th Wheeler) in Calgary in November, Take the south loop to vanouver (Fernie, Redmountain, Whitewater)
then go north on your way back, powderking, Jasper, kicking horse.

Or start in vancouverwith an RV Dont make too many plans, just follow the snow storms as they roll,in off the pacific. and follow them east.
Always Start further south, then work you way north as spring comes

Dont miss PowderKing. It is truly the most awesome powder mountain you have ever skied, despite its obscurity.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nixmap, I keep dreaming of making it to PK but it is a very long drive from the border up to PK, one of these days. Still have to make it to Revy and KH too. I like the rolling RV plan it allows the sliders to chase and stay with the storms.

I do enjoy Red and Fernie and had a ball at Silverstar. Sunshine can be good but my timing on hitting it with snow is off same with LL although Banff can be entertaining. Blessed with actual Pow at Whistler/Blackcomb the one time I made it and I do need to go back there some time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
seasonaire to be, I'm in the same situation.. had to miss the OWH interviews in London because of prior commitments.
I spoke to Intrawest yesterday and they said there will be small fairs in September and October however there will be limited paid jobs as they'll be concentrating most on voluntary positions for the olympics.
I'm now seriously looking into Banff, although after researching Whistler for nearly 4 months its a big blow having to start all over again and find out the best company to work for/the best place to stay etc.
If anyone has any info on working and living in Banff any advice would be appreciated. Mostly looking for mountain based jobs i.e. liftie.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy