Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads lead advertiser introduces mandatory helmets!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wink

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20090413/NEWS/904139995/1078&ParentProfile=1055
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Byrd's message is that helmets and responsible skiing are equally important

How are they going to implement 'responsible' skiing Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lead advertiser Puzzled Confused

Dog Tag? Dog Leads?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, ah!! You mean snowHead.co.uk spam

wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm. Another helmet thread. Oh well.

Quote:
...reflecting most of the medical studies showing that helmets reduce fatalities and lower the risk of serious injuries.

Frustratingly, though I have dug around quite a bit, I have not come across any such report. Reports on cycle helmets show no benefit in preventing major injury

Quote:
In New Zealand, large increases in helmet use have not brought any reduction in the proportion of serious head injuries. Some reduction in mild concussions and lacerations has been balanced by an increase in neck injuries [10]. An analysis of enforced helmet laws in Australia, New Zealand and Canada has found no clear evidence of benefit and increased risks for cyclists post-legislation[8].

I think the site owner of cyclehelmets.org has a selective viewpoint - but he does back it up by references, so maybe the selective viewpoint is also the one to which one logically arrives given evidence.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy