Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whitedot freeride ski test

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone whilst in austria this week i had the pleasure of demoing a pair of 169 skis called THE ONE with sick graphics and 89underfoot these skis were awesome ,they were quick edge to edge , and great in the bumps ,they just loved powering through the afternoon slush .These are defo going on my christmas list , many thanks to the whitedot team we met nina and paul , roll on next season regards gary

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 12-04-09 19:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ozwhit, The One is 89mm underfoot & they're 169cm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i stand corrected spyderjohn .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Gary, really glad you liked the skis, think they went down pretty well with everyone once they got on them! Some even went for it and tried the Preachers and we had a great week with everyone so cheers!

ps hate to be anal about this but they would have been the 166cm One's!! wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the_doc, I also stand corrected. Was thinking of the Pilgrim's. Whilst on that subject, I haven't skied the One yet so how does the One compare to the Pilgrm?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No worries spyderjon! Found the ONE's more instantly "likeable", the Pilgrim's took some liking for me to rave about them, I wasnt that impressed by the first run but was sold by the end of the week! The ONE's were more playful with better feedback for the snow underfoot (definately a trait of WDF's ski line) and softer (but the excellent torsional stiffness keeps really good edge grip on anything apart from boilerplate), whilst the Pilgrim is more freeride biased and wouldnt work too well in the park I feel the ONE's are more of an all-round jib ski due to the more trad sidecut (119-89-113 on the second batch prototypes). Saying that the guys that were testing the skis out with ozwhit were more in the BASI Inst mould rather than jibbers and we got some awesome feedback from those guys on the skis mounted on the "Freeride" mount rather than the "Freestyle" ONE's.

Personally my own ONE's are mounted 2cm back from centre and I managed to score some knee-deep 2 weeks ago (for the record the trad mounting is about 7cm back I believe) and the float they generated was awesome aswell with a really nice flow from turn to turn and lots of pop and rebound off the turn, something that makes them ski a lot thinner than the dims suggest, again another trait I feel we've achieved with the range so far.

Overall I'd say it's a really versatile, fun ski that will work nicely as an all-mountain twin. We're still working on certain elements (trying to re-profile the tip/tail and finalising the flex pattern) but having spoken to the other team riders (Ali Watson and Mani Eder also in the 'Hof) it seems to be a really popular ski with everyone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy